View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll

14 6.48%

11 5.09%

17 7.87%

12 5.56%

15 6.94%

27 12.50%

19 8.80%

17 7.87%

20 9.26%

25 11.57%

39 18.06%
Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1565

Thread: GERMANY 2017 - Levina - Perfect Life

GERMANY 2017 - Levina - Perfect Life

2. Senior Member
    Germany

Re: GERMANY 2017 - Levina - Perfect Life

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBango View Post
    Believe me, I am super sick of people around me crying about how much Europe hates us and that we shouldn't send anyone to Eurovision anymore because it is "a waste of money" ... as if it was that easy.
    Nobody hates us. They only hat our dull songs.

3. Active Member
    Portugal

Germany hasn't been successful in these last few years, but I remember that you had a string of top 10 finishes not so long ago, including a victory! Also you were robbed in 2015, that song should never be last place! It was one of my favorites.

I saw this year show in Berlin, in a public viewing, and the amount of interest is too high...I doubt Germany will pull out anytime soon.

4. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    Germany hasn't been successful in these last few years, but I remember that you had a string of top 10 finishes not so long ago, including a victory! Also you were robbed in 2015, that song should never be last place! It was one of my favorites.

I saw this year show in Berlin, in a public viewing, and the amount of interest is too high...I doubt Germany will pull out anytime soon.
    Every time, Stefan Raab was involved, we ended up in the top 10 (in total 5 times). Unfortunately, the retired (after making enough money). But it is quite clear, that you need someone who understands Eurovision. These idiots from NDR defenitely do not. It predicted from the beginning, that the only reason we might not end up on the last place again might be Spain. And it was tight.

5. Junior Member
    Sweden

I hope I am not hurting any Germans' feelings here, but how is it possible for Germany to not select better songs during these past few years?

I'm not satisfied with the Swedish selections the last years but at least it seems like Europe (and most of all the juries) enjoy the Swedish songs.

6. Active Member
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Rusch View Post
    Every time, Stefan Raab was involved, we ended up in the top 10 (in total 5 times). Unfortunately, the retired (after making enough money). But it is quite clear, that you need someone who understands Eurovision. These idiots from NDR defenitely do not. It predicted from the beginning, that the only reason we might not end up on the last place again might be Spain. And it was tight.
    But that's what I don't understand, why is that in a country with such a big Eurovision tradition and so much support from the public, there isn't a team that truly understands eurovision and tries to send better songs? Because I know you have a great music industry, and amazing artists...it makes no sense to me.
    Likes  nikkisback liked this post

7. Ninja
    Germany

Erneut hat Deutschland beim Eurovision Song Contest ein Debakel erlebt, jetzt sollen auch Konsequenzen folgen: Beim Vorentscheid müsse es eine Reform geben.
    English: Again a debacle for Germany, now there will be consequences: The national final has to be reformed, Schreiber announced.

You don't say? This is what we knew even before our national final

Question: Those debacles which we had to face three years in a row were really nerve-wrecking.
    Schreiber: Portugal only won once in 49 years. Do you call their results debacles?

What a stupid answer...
    I hope they know that they just fucked up everything this year and that they just try to maintain a more or less good outward appearance.

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musi...3560.bild.html

8. Hero
    Germany

I do not see us going anywhere with Schreiber and his cronies staying in power. They are the kind of people who know how to get a nicely paid job in a buerocracy and keep it, but about music and the ESC they have no clue.

Creative control over our entry needs to be transferred to someone with a solid artistic background in the music industry. Someone with the right ambition to do well in the ESC and who knows how a stage act must look like to be successful with the public. I never was a fan of Raab and I see his creative talent as limited, but it was still far superior to the Schreiber team, and he definitely had the ambition.
    Likes  GermanBango, ChrisOL, nikkisback, Stiven liked this post

9. Wizard
    Austria

It's so amusing to know that Germany would have been last again in the old voting system.
    I suppose the NDR was aware that this song was doomed. Otherwise the German commentator wouldn't have repeatedly pointed out that you can vote for Germany if you are watching from abroad. That sounded so desperate!
    Of course, after the show they were bold enough to call this bad result unexpected on eurovision.de.
    I wonder if the 3 points from Switzerland are the result of Germans in Switzerland voting for Germany or if the Swiss really liked it. And what's up with the Irish jury? Were they responsible for selecting the Irish song last year? If so, I can understand their approval.

I hope the NDR will finally make the right changes. Letting another ARD broadcaster take over would be a possible solution, I suppose. Maybe others are less incompetent.
    Instead of buying mediocre songs from American composers, who couldn't sell their songs until a German fool paid a visit, how about choosing a decent song that was composed in Germany for once? Singing in German would also be nice. If Germany keeps doing what they have been doing the last few years, they will be last again next year. Spain will surely try a little harder next year due to Portugal having won.
    Likes  whiteshoes, Paddy, nikkisback liked this post

2018: | 10: CY | ranking in progress
    2017: BE | 2016: UA | 2015: AU | 2014: AT | 2013: NO | 2012: SE | 2011: SE | 2010: DE

10. Senior Member
    Germany

In nominated Levina for the Baraba Dex Award.
    Why? It was the most ill fitting dress this year. You cannot dress an attractiv tall woman in grey and present her in front of a grey background. Or was this just camouflage? The person responsible for this should retire just right now.
    Likes  Paddy, 94ayd liked this post

11. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Laepo1 View Post
    But that's what I don't understand, why is that in a country with such a big Eurovision tradition and so much support from the public, there isn't a team that truly understands eurovision and tries to send better songs? Because I know you have a great music industry, and amazing artists...it makes no sense to me.
    Well, we don't get it either. The whole pre selection showed no song that would have made it possibly into the top 10 and then the audience selected in the end the weaker song out of two. So it is some kind of a teamwork: stupid Germans selected out of songs selected by idiots.

I guess we need to start with good songs and might present the show not on a tv channel mainly watched by elderly people. But I think the desaster will be forgotton in few month and the start all over again with the same mistakes again.
    Likes  Paddy, Gordon_Shumway, Stiven liked this post