View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll

28 17.39%

20 12.42%

16 9.94%

17 10.56%

15 9.32%

12 7.45%

8 4.97%

10 6.21%

8 4.97%

5 3.11%

22 13.66%
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast

Thread: NORWAY 2017 - Jowst - Grab the Moment

NORWAY 2017 - Jowst - Grab the Moment

2. Senior Member
    Estonia

Re: NORWAY 2017 - Jowst - Grab the Moment

Quote Originally Posted by carl1 View Post
    Last year I correctly predicted a top 10 for Poland (in March). This year the surprise top 10 could be Norway.
    Cool, modern, ORIGINAL, I enjoy this very much. I can see the juries liking this a lot
    I'm good at predicting random top tenners even the jury part
    Congrats Norway, great result

3. Enthusiast
    United States

What a sneaky top 10 for this cool entry. Great work, Norway after that injustice to Freddy Kalas. Europe definitely felt it this time around.

4. Mentor
    Portugal

I still get a d-bag vibe out of these guys. And my head is still a bit fuzzy from all those purple effects. But I have to say that this is a catchy song. I still would have preferred other songs from their semi in the final instead of them but I can now understand why they made it. They filled up the stage well and I suppose they were part of the needed diversity during the final. This is effective nordic songwriting and staging at work, like it or not.

In a way they were the Georgia 2016 of this year, I guess. Only that Georgia's song got you right away from the the first beats and that the guys seemed honestly nice and humble. Maybe the comparison is too nice but I'll let that be.

5. Expert
    France

To me, 'Grab the Moment' will still remain one of the worst entries from Norway, though they struggled to achieve a top 10 placement. I assume that I'll never be able to forgive the Norwish audience for what they dare do back in March. => THEY WILDLY MADE ULRIKKE FAIL TO WIN THE WHOLE THING.

I can't figure this fact out, as this was the only act, along with Elly and the Woods' one, which fitted with the entrant's voice, the staging and any other stuff. Her failure was so unexpected that I almost had a heart attack when I saw that she received the two first at the beginning of the show, while she didn't do quite well afterwards.... HOW DISAPPOINTING!
    Likes  NemesisNick liked this post

'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

6. Mentor
    Germany

Didnt deserve our Juries 12 Points meanwhile Italy, Belgium, Romania and Ukraine got 0.

7. Veteran
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    Didnt deserve our Juries 12 Points meanwhile Italy, Belgium, Romania and Ukraine got 0.
    Anyway "Grab the moment" is one of those songs, you´d expect our jury to give 12 points to. I was watching the Grand Final with some of my friends this year and before the German points were announced, I told them just for fun: "Everyone is giving their 12 jury points to Portugal or Bulgaria and we will give them to sth. like e.g. Norway". Didn´t expect it to come true ;-) Every year our 12 jury points seem to be a bid random.
    Likes  NemesisNick liked this post

Don’t stop rock, rock this place - Don’t stop tryin’, try your best - Don’t stop, don’t stop movin´ (Switzerland 2012 - Sinplus - Unbreakable)

8. Senior Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I still get a d-bag vibe out of these guys.
    Why?
    Amar Pelos Dois <3 Running On Air <3 Blackbird <3 Adio <3 Fairytale <3 Rise Like A Phoenix <3 AMLM <3 And the list goes on....just ask

9. Mentor
    Portugal

Not really from JOWST, rather from Aleksander Walmann. He came across as rather pretentious and hipster-like. Though seeing him giving a go at Anja's song earned him a few extra brownie points on my consideration. Steen seemed much more genuine and all around-friendly in interviews though.

10. Junkie
    Italy

Walmann can only dream to be as musically relevant as Anja Nissen. He's already forgotten by everyone, while Anja will keep doing music.
    Likes  Edward liked this post

11. Legend
    Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    Walmann can only dream to be as musically relevant as Anja Nissen. He's already forgotten by everyone, while Anja will keep doing music.
    Wow, I didn't know "keep doing music" was all one had to do to be remembered by everyone. By that definition, @Lupus' vacuum is musically relevant.

Slay queen
    Congrats Jamala/Salvador/Netta, best consecutive winners ever
    Just an Arizona snowbird who loves ESC