View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll

29 17.79%

20 12.27%

16 9.82%

17 10.43%

15 9.20%

13 7.98%

8 4.91%

10 6.13%

8 4.91%

5 3.07%

22 13.50%
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NORWAY 2017 - Jowst - Grab the Moment

NORWAY 2017 - Jowst - Grab the Moment

2. Senior Member
    Norway

Re: NORWAY 2017

No more ballads. Please
    Likes  Ringdalen, bstream liked this post

Loving you is a losing game

3. Veteran
    Morocco

Helen Boksle in a duet with Christine Guldbransen
    Likes  Kitakaze, anto475 liked this post

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*

4. Active Member
    Turkey

Make MGP great again. That's all I want from Norway. Every year it's getting smaller and more irrelevant. Norway is not winning anymore. Go bigger! I also would like to see less Swedish songwriters in MGP. When Sweden sends songwriters, they're not sending their best... They're bringing bad songs. They're bringing bad results. There are great artists in Norway that are young and talented. Jan Fredrik Karlsen sould get in touch with them and their record companies more often. Norway is my favourite ESC country and I hope to see more than 1 or 2 good songs in MGP this year.
    Likes  VikingTiger liked this post

5. Junkie
    Belgium

Bring back the previous MGP producer. The line up of this year was awful and I sensed a NQ when the snippers came out. She did great in 2013 - 2015 and brought more alternativety to MGP and three top ten finishes so Id like Vivi back ♡♡

6. Mentor
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by lowyby View Post
    Bring back the previous MGP producer. The line up of this year was awful and I sensed a NQ when the snippers came out. She did great in 2013 - 2015 and brought more alternativety to MGP and three top ten finishes so Id like Vivi back ♡♡
    Afterglow would've easily qualified though. Maybe Laika too. But yeah, it was terrible this year.

7. Legend
    Sweden

It's hard to tell for sure from a distance, but hasn't the strategy of MGP being a minimalistic approach (less is more) and trying to focus on "quality"? Being a Swede I'd of course think this is a mistake and actually I do. I think very few people are interested in MGP and Eurovision for the music alone, even less if they would claim to favour some kind niche music or being into "serious" music. Fundamentalistic music listeners wouldn't tune in to MGP anyway. Instead NRK's main focus should be to maximise the entertainment value of MGP and secure it to be an important platform for music promotion. Assuming similarities with Sweden, I can't imagine there are that many opportunities for such things in Norway. I think the artists and their record companies can't ignore a chance like that and will line up to participate. So I suggest:
    a) Bring back the semis
    b) Make all shows prime time family TV entertainment events
    c) Make all shows live arena entertainment events
    d) Ignore any mocking about melfest ripoffs
    Likes  anto475, Titowam liked this post

8. Mentor
    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by LalehForWD View Post
    It's hard to tell for sure from a distance, but hasn't the strategy of MGP being a minimalistic approach (less is more) and trying to focus on "quality"? Being a Swede I'd of course think this is a mistake and actually I do. I think very few people are interested in MGP and Eurovision for the music alone, even less if they would claim to favour some kind niche music or being into "serious" music. Fundamentalistic music listeners wouldn't tune in to MGP anyway. Instead NRK's main focus should be to maximise the entertainment value of MGP and secure it to be an important platform for music promotion. Assuming similarities with Sweden, I can't imagine there are that many opportunities for such things in Norway. I think the artists and their record companies can't ignore a chance like that and will line up to participate. So I suggest:
    a) Bring back the semis
    b) Make all shows prime time family entertainment events
    c) Make all shows live arena entertainment events
    d) Ignore any mocking about melfest ripoffs
    In contrast to what you've said, it's exactly MGP's minimalistic approach and focus on song quality that draws me nrk.no every year. It brings it back to what it's all about, the song.

9. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by anto475 View Post
    In contrast to what you've said, it's exactly MGP's minimalistic approach and focus on song quality that draws me nrk.no every year. It brings it back to what it's all about, the song.
    Yes, but you're hardly the average Norwegian and pleasing the ESC fan community isn't exactly a guarantee for mainstream success. It may be painful to realise, but ESC is all about mainstream entertainment, occasionally spiced with some odd indie or "rock", sorry.
    Likes  ScarlettGirl liked this post

10. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by anto475 View Post
    Sorry answer 2. I guess what I mean is the importance to bring about a cooperation between the broadcaster and the local media industry, most important the record companies. In my opinion this is important for all participants in Eurovision actually. The moment the selection process lose touch with music market it will struggle to find good songs and artists. It doesn't need to be radio chart-music, but it really need to be relevant on the current music scene in one way or the other. My feeling is that MGP has been going away from that seeking something else. Still, Freddy Kalas came second this year so perhaps I'm just bullshitting here
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

11. Junkie
    Italy

Send Agnete again, please!

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast