View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll

94 42.92%

34 15.53%

25 11.42%

22 10.05%

9 4.11%

9 4.11%

5 2.28%

4 1.83%

2 0.91%

1 0.46%

14 6.39%
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

2. Enthusiast
    United States

Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

Strong entry by Macedonia. I personally thought the song was strong enough to carry it into the final, regardless of the performance.

Something similar to the music video, where she dances with a background dancer -- even briefly -- would have made the whole set up more dynamic.

3. Super Moderator
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by MakDok View Post
    It's not just about hiring a choreographer who had some success with previous songs.
    Don't remind me of this. I'm sick with those "gurus". It's always the same story. G:sson wrote "Euphoria" but then, what he brings to other countries like Cyprus, Georgia or the Spanish NF are just MF rejects.
    Hans Pancoucke gets a miracle with "Calm after the storm", Spain hires him this year and this is what we get.
    Loreen's choreographer was the same person who did Jana's performance.

They deserve jail. They are just like swindlers who get money for coming to other countries for holidays to do NOTHING.
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

Unhappy Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

I'm dissapointed and crushed. I can't believe this happenned. All of my favourites failed to qualify while all off the crap qualified easily. I don't remember any other disaster year like this. For me ESC 2017 is dead. I don't have any interest to watch the Final without Macedonia and Jana who deserved to be in the TOP-3.
    Likes  Jana liked this post

5. Veteran
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    2- Eurovision is not always fair and every country has suffered this unfairness. But it's not an unfairness done on purpose. Portugal or Bulgaria have suffered this much more and look at them now.

Macedonia only needs a team who is able to pick a proper song (they finally did it this year) and also to present a good show.
    Well I said in another place that Portugal made a statement of not participating twice in a period of time and voila sudden favourite in such a crappy National Final. Now the bookies have him as #1 all of a sudden.. even OGAE Macedonia spoke about this just recently that the betting odds together with the juries are manipulating the contest and that the introduction of the app is just a cherry on a cake. Austria was away for a while too, so was Hungary, and they both seem to have been pretty consistent with the jury votes (I can name various performers and so on.. recently someone published an article in a Dutch newspaper regarding the favourites to qualify, those with a chance, and those with minimal chance. Guess where was? Besides Macedonia has been top2 in this semi in all rankings, polls, etc.. Not trying to defend them or make it as an excuse for the result, but as I said in the previous post there have been performances of this or that which we witness now that have done quite well, especially with the jury (taking a wild guess here, but I am most likely right).
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

6. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by aletem View Post
    Well I said in another place that Portugal made a statement of not participating twice in a period of time and voila sudden favourite in such a crappy National Final. Now the bookies have him as #1 all of a sudden.. even OGAE Macedonia spoke about this just recently that the betting odds together with the juries are manipulating the contest and that the introduction of the app is just a cherry on a cake. Austria was away for a while too, so was Hungary, and they both seem to have been pretty consistent with the jury votes (I can name various performers and so on.. recently someone published an article in a Dutch newspaper regarding the favourites to qualify, those with a chance, and those with minimal chance. Guess where was? Besides Macedonia has been top2 in this semi in all rankings, polls, etc.. Not trying to defend them or make it as an excuse for the result, but as I said in the previous post there have been performances of this or that which we witness now that have done quite well, especially with the jury (taking a wild guess here, but I am most likely right).
    Suddenly? Portugal shortened in the odds immediately when the song won the NF and we were in the top 5 all the way trough the pre-season.
    Likes  ParadiseES, 94ayd, Stiven liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

7. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Definitely robbed This was one of the best entries to date and I was certain she will make it. I think the performance was great as well. Don't really know what went wrong here.

But the good news, at least, is that she engaged in such an epic way So happy for her
    Likes  aletem liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najdue sećaju prolosti"

8. Veteran
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
    Suddenly? Portugal shortened in the odds immediately when the song won the NF and we were in the top 5 all the way trough the pre-season.
    Right after all the songs were known the song was at 34th-37th place in the odds.

The fact that the odds are manipulated and influencing the results, especially the jury, says that after Belgium and Macedonia were released, they were both welcomed by the fans with a great relief. Belgium went top3 with the odds, Macedonia barely 16th... If Portugal wins today, I would definitely like Macedonia NOT to take part in Lisbon. EBU and the fans, as I've seen here and there, wouldn't miss it anyhow. Even most Macedonians I've read on Facebook agree with that and people at OGAE Macedonia have talked about it too..
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

9. Mentor
    Austria

Great song but bad dress and staging!

10. Senior Member
    Latvia

Sad it won't be in the final.

11. Hero
    Germany

Sorry, wrong thread.