View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12

    94 42.92%
  • 10

    34 15.53%
  • 8

    25 11.42%
  • 7

    22 10.05%
  • 6

    9 4.11%
  • 5

    9 4.11%
  • 4

    5 2.28%
  • 3

    4 1.83%
  • 2

    2 0.91%
  • 1

    1 0.46%
  • 0

    14 6.39%
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 668

Thread: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

  1. Administrator escYOUnited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,131
    #1

    FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone






  2. Junkie
    Austria
    Ezio's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,621
    Location
    sterreich
    #641

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by aletem View Post
    Anyway, most Macedonians actually prefer if they do NOT take part in Eurovision after this year's flop and believe that Eurovision should not be a platform for them. It's up to what the delegation will decide now. Some people want even changes in the team, but the most vocal option is withdraw forever. I am also coming across statements by musicians that are considering entering San Remo and believe it would be a greater honour than taking part on Eurovision. EBU is also doing all in its power to keep countries like Portugal, hence the favouritism, there is Australia too, and other western countries or other countries with a higher market share. I believe they won't even care for Macedonia, just like San Marino.
    OK then, Macedonia bye
    The most emotional winners of all time
    2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

  3. Active Member
    Turkey
    nikkisback's Avatar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    144
    Location
    look at the flag lmao
    #642

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    this song would have qualified with ease despite the slightly underwhelming performance.
    Slightly underwhelming? The performance was just bad, her vocals were great but other than that the staging was so boring. They have this magnificent song and a creative video, and on the stage there was nothing. There could be a hologram of the guy in the video, the lightning could have been much better... I don't know i was just so disappointed of the performance. Yes some countries are more equal in Eurovision, but if you try your best you can break this chain. And Jana did not try her best yesterday.

  4. Ninja
    Macedonia
    ESCada's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,432
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    #643

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisback View Post
    Slightly underwhelming? The performance was just bad, her vocals were great but other than that the staging was so boring. They have this magnificent song and a creative video, and on the stage there was nothing. There could be a hologram of the guy in the video, the lightning could have been much better... I don't know i was just so disappointed of the performance. Yes some countries are more equal in Eurovision, but if you try your best you can break this chain. And Jana did not try her best yesterday.
    That's all on point but holograms cost money.

  5. Active Member
    Turkey
    nikkisback's Avatar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    144
    Location
    look at the flag lmao
    #644

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    That's all on point but holograms cost money.
    Why she's here if she has no money? In ESC you go big or go home!

  6. Ninja
    Macedonia
    ESCada's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,432
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    #645

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisback View Post
    Why she's here if she has no money? In ESC you go big or go home!
    Don't be unreasonable, not every country that participates has a big budget.
    Likes  Mimi, 12Points liked this post
     

  7. Enthusiast
    Macedonia
    MakDok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    232
    #646

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    I do get some of the anger from Macedonians, missing the final for 5 years in a row.
    But let's face it, the stage presentation was a fail; cheap and underwhelming in all aspects. Yes the song itself should have perhaps gone through, but you can't expect to make it with both juries and televotes with a porn show presentation. If you have the diaspora of some countries, then yes it might be enough, but since the circumstances are what they are; if you want success you need to carefully plan everything and can't afford cheap miss-hits.
    Likes  Stiven liked this post
     

  8. Senior Member
    Netherlands
    0scar's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    692
    Location
    Utrecht
    #647

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    I hope qualifies next year because I don't want any country to get close to my country's amazing 8 year non-qualifying streak
    Likes  DanielLuis, Jana liked this post
     
    Personal winners 18: | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

  9. Super Moderator
    Spain
    ParadiseES's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15,085
    Location
    Zaragoza (Spain)
    #648

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Hey, I know it's a hard moment for Macedonia, but there is no sense to talk about an European conspiracy to prevent Macedonia getting good results. There are two reasons for this flop:

    1- The delegation had a very good song wasn't able to sell it as they should. The performance was ok and it deserved to qualify, but still it was far behind from the potential of the song.

    2- Eurovision is not always fair and every country has suffered this unfairness. But it's not an unfairness done on purpose. Portugal or Bulgaria have suffered this much more and look at them now.

    Macedonia only needs a team who is able to pick a proper song (they finally did it this year) and also to present a good show.
    Likes  MakDok, bstream, 94ayd, RainyWoods liked this post
     
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

  10. Ninja
    Macedonia
    ESCada's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,432
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    #649

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    Hey, I know it's a hard moment for Macedonia, but there is no sense to talk about an European conspiracy to prevent Macedonia getting good results. There are two reasons for this flop:

    1- The delegation had a very good song wasn't able to sell it as they should. The performance was ok and it deserved to qualify, but still it was far behind from the potential of the song.

    2- Eurovision is not always fair and every country has suffered this unfairness. But it's not an unfairness done on purpose. Portugal or Bulgaria have suffered this much more and look at them now.

    Macedonia only needs a team who is able to pick a proper song (they finally did it this year) and also to present a good show.
    If we somehow stay in Eurovision next year I am hoping for a Elena Risteska comeback.
    She is incredible vocally now ..... And I hope we use her charisma/star quality and her amazing vocals.

  11. Enthusiast
    Macedonia
    MakDok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    232
    #650

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    Hey, I know it's a hard moment for Macedonia, but there is no sense to talk about an European conspiracy to prevent Macedonia getting good results. There are two reasons for this flop:

    1- The delegation had a very good song wasn't able to sell it as they should. The performance was ok and it deserved to qualify, but still it was far behind from the potential of the song.

    2- Eurovision is not always fair and every country has suffered this unfairness. But it's not an unfairness done on purpose. Portugal or Bulgaria have suffered this much more and look at them now.

    Macedonia only needs a team who is able to pick a proper song (they finally did it this year) and also to present a good show.
    Totally this.
    Song-wise they have finally caught up, but show/stage wise the delegation people are still way behind and incapable.
    It's not just about hiring a choreographer who had some success with previous songs, and then strictly follow whatever that choregrapher plans. As a HoD you need to check if that idea is the best in this case, consult with other proffesional people, be creative, make adjustments etc etc.
    I'm afraid Meri Popova (and others in the delegation) clearly doesn't have this skill , even after 10 years in charge.
    Likes  Stiven liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:03.