View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll

94 42.92%

34 15.53%

25 11.42%

22 10.05%

9 4.11%

9 4.11%

5 2.28%

4 1.83%

2 0.91%

1 0.46%

14 6.39%
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

2. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

I feel sorry for the Macedonian fans One of the best songs this year for sure. I thought her performance was nice enough to get her through.

After the postcard with pregnancy and motherly introduction, I expected some ballad song about love and caring, then that happened. I sure wish it qualified though. Better than most of the qualifiers.

4. Junkie
    Austria

I think the Balkan countries learned this year that an act with a generic dance song or ballad doesn't work in their favour.

They could easily slay with something ethnic that shoots right into the heart. But lately, ex-yu countries appear confused in Eurovision and dont get their acts together.

Be emotional or be original. But dont be weird, generic or boring.
    Likes  sigi liked this post

The most emotional winners of all time
    2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

5. Ninja
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I think the Balkan countries learned this year that an act with a generic dance song or ballad doesn't work in their favour.

They could easily slay with something ethnic that shoots right into the heart. But lately, ex-yu countries appear confused in Eurovision and dont get their acts together.

Be emotional or be original. But dont be weird, generic or boring.
    Based on previous experiences I would have to disagree with you.
    If it were Australia, Sweden, Armenia or Azerbaijan this song would have qualified with ease despite the slightly underwhelming performance.

achieved only 9th place in the semi final with the amazing CRNO i BELO sung in our native language.
    So basically the lesson we've learned is that we have to be outstanding to achieve 9th or 10th place in a semi every 5-6 years.

And in my opinion ...... It's just not worth it.
    Likes  ParadiseES, Jana liked this post

6. Ninja
    Macedonia

deleted

7. Junkie
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    Based on previous experiences I would have to disagree with you.
    If it were Australia, Sweden, Armenia or Azerbaijan this song would have qualified with ease despite the slightly underwhelming performance.
    The countries you are mentioning are the biggest show-offs and they succeed, because they don't mess around. I think they might have advanced with Dance Alone or Into Deep but with a much more impressive staging. None of them would have advanced if they did it like Macedonia or Serbia did yesterday.

For me, these countries are too slick and polished as well and they dont touch me personally, but they usually impress enough. And Armenia and Azerbaijan are stellar this year.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

8. Ninja
    Macedonia

The countries you are mentioning are the biggest show-offs and they succeed, because they don't mess around. I think they might have advanced with Dance Alone or Into Deep but with a much more impressive staging. None of them would have advanced if they did it like Macedonia or Serbia did yesterday.

For me, these countries are too slick and polished as well and they dont touch me personally, but they usually impress enough. And Armenia and Azerbaijan are stellar this year.
    Azerbaijan yes, but Armenia........ Really?

9. Junkie
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    Azerbaijan yes, but Armenia........ Really?
    Armenia tries even harder, because they dont sell out to Swedish composers, but come up with their stuff and ideas, which are very different from the mainstream.
    Likes  ParadiseES, 94ayd, Musicosity, nikkisback liked this post

2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

10. Ninja
    Macedonia

Armenia tries even harder, because they dont sell out to Swedish composers, but come up with their stuff and ideas, which are very different from the mainstream.
    Maybe last year yeah ..... Iveta

11. Veteran
    Canada

I think it's time to quit, but not for couple of years - but for good. EBU made the two semi system purposely in 2008 (and added juries on top) to lower any of the chance Macedonian entries would get on stage to qualify and for the rest (but didn't quite apply to them). Anyhow, I am not that disappointed. Results in the first semi were quite disappointing, so really have nobody to cheer for in the final..maybe Italy and Belgium.. even with Crno i Belo (and that song had it all, hell of a performer, stage presence, nothing empty, good song) barely qualified and thankfully to most ex-yus, Turkey, Bulgaria, and Slovakia (where there are some Mk people). Now I am pretty sure that had it been in the first semi, it wouldn't have qualified.
    This year, people wanted a modern song that would appeal to Western Europe, instead of just local audience and they got it. Jana sang well, but it wasn't her best performance (tho she did a great job during the jury rehearsal). The staging was empty, however it looked better than having OTT things like moon crescents, various background nonsense pictures that not add to the songs, etc. This should have qualified on the song merit itself, considering it was top5 in many ranking polls everywhere and that Belgium in the other semi did too (she was good, but she was pretty nervous).
    Macedonia had a cheap and tacky song, called "Rusinka" in 2011, which admittedly had a good staging and fun choreography, but the song, rightfully, flopped back then. So, the same standards are not applied everywhere. :P This year people were pumped about songs in native language...let me once again remind you that "Dona" last year was the only non-English song in the semi and it was killed by the juries.
    Anyway, most Macedonians actually prefer if they do NOT take part in Eurovision after this year's flop and believe that Eurovision should not be a platform for them. It's up to what the delegation will decide now. Some people want even changes in the team, but the most vocal option is withdraw forever. I am also coming across statements by musicians that are considering entering San Remo and believe it would be a greater honour than taking part on Eurovision. EBU is also doing all in its power to keep countries like Portugal, hence the favouritism, there is Australia too, and other western countries or other countries with a higher market share. I believe they won't even care for Macedonia, just like San Marino.

Armenian has a die hard diaspora voters. Even Emmy was a top10 with the televote in 2011, despite the terrible vocals. And hence they do well in JESC too with let's just put it tuneless nonsense.. So bad example.
    Likes  ESCada, Mimi liked this post

Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!