View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12

    96 43.44%
  • 10

    34 15.38%
  • 8

    25 11.31%
  • 7

    22 9.95%
  • 6

    9 4.07%
  • 5

    9 4.07%
  • 4

    5 2.26%
  • 3

    4 1.81%
  • 2

    2 0.90%
  • 1

    1 0.45%
  • 0

    14 6.33%
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 669

Thread: FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone

  1. Administrator escYOUnited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,185
    #1

    FYR MACEDONIA 2017 - Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone






  2. Ninja
    Cyprus
    Mii11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,190
    Location
    Europe
    #11

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    Do you have anything meaningful to say? I asked you a question and I still haven't received the answer How am I supposed to understand your point of view when you don't even bother to explain your reasoning and instead you send some random gif?
    <3

  3. Junkie
    Italy
    GianlucaTomoe's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,958
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    #12

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Do you have anything meaningful to say? I asked you a question and I still haven't received the answer How am I supposed to understand your point of view when you don't even bother to explain your reasoning and instead you send some random gif?
    Because your post is so factually wrong that I don't even know where to start. Instead, I'll just leave you here Macedonia's statistics since the 2 semifinals-system began, and then tell me if it's normal that this country keeps participating:

    2008: DNQ
    2009: DNQ
    2010: DNQ
    2011: DNQ
    2012: Q
    2013: DNQ
    2014: DNQ
    2015: DNQ
    2016: DNQ

  4. Ninja
    Cyprus
    Mii11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,190
    Location
    Europe
    #13

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    Because your post is so factually wrong that I don't even know where to start. Instead, I'll just leave you here Macedonia's statistics since the 2 semifinals-system began, and then tell me if it's normal that this country keeps participating:

    2008: DNQ
    2009: DNQ
    2010: DNQ
    2011: DNQ
    2012: Q
    2013: DNQ
    2014: DNQ
    2015: DNQ
    2016: DNQ
    Well, if I'm so wrong then why don't you try to convince me that you are right? You said that Australia takes contest seriously (It's not surprising though as they are new to Eurovision, wait ten years and you will be getting joke entries from Australia as well), so I want to know what is your opinion about Guy Sebastian.

    FYR Macedonia is indeed doing not so well. However, it doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. They might be other reasons as to why they fail to qualify: they don't have a big diaspora, they often sing n their national language. OF course they often send lame songs but they keep trying and experimenting and hopefully we will see them growing as a country (in terms of music).

    Besides I don't agree with you that qualifying=taking Eurovision seriously. TBH I don't understand phenomenon of Greece and Bosnia and Herzegovina and if I had to choose, I would say that they take Eurovision less seriously than . Do you think Turkey took Eurovision seriously? Also do you think take Eurovision seriously? After all they have been doing really well recently. Michal Szpak even ended up in Top 10...
    <3

  5. Legend
    Portugal
    DanielLuis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,659
    #14

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Well, if I'm so wrong then why don't you try to convince me that you are right? You said that Australia takes contest seriously (It's not surprising though as they are new to Eurovision, wait ten years and you will be getting joke entries from Australia as well), so I want to know what is your opinion about Guy Sebastian.

    FYR Macedonia is indeed doing not so well. However, it doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. They might be other reasons as to why they fail to qualify: they don't have a big diaspora, they often sing n their national language. OF course they often send lame songs but they keep trying and experimenting and hopefully we will see them growing as a country (in terms of music).

    Besides I don't agree with you that qualifying=taking Eurovision seriously. TBH I don't understand phenomenon of Greece and Bosnia and Herzegovina and if I had to choose, I would say that they take Eurovision less seriously than . Do you think Turkey took Eurovision seriously? Also do you think take Eurovision seriously? After all they have been doing really well recently. Michal Szpak even ended up in Top 10...
    Of course I don't want Macedonia to withdraw or anything like that. But yes, Greece, B&H, Australia, Poland and Turkey clearly take (took in Turkey's case) Eurosivision more seriously than Macedonia.




  6. Mentor
    Brazil
    Alaska49's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,490
    #15

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    okay first of all: countries should not withdraw just because they "don't take it seriously" or have bad results all the time. if they are a part of it and they want in, let them in.

    with that said: lol i will not have the diaspora excuse (because no matter which country it is applied to, it's all that it is: an excuse) for macedonia of all countries. i don't think they have a big impact on results at all (PEOPLE GENUINELY LIKED MICHAL DEAL WITH IT ESCUNITED), but if they did macedonia would certainly be a beneficiary rather than a victim.

    but with that also said: i don't think macedonia has the same attitude problem of portugal and uk, people seem to genuinely appreciate eurovision there and there is an incentive to do well. they just seem to have no clue of how to appeal to people =( particularly they had a pretty marketable song in 2014 but the performance was clearly dead on arrival
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post
     

  7. Ninja
    Cyprus
    Mii11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,190
    Location
    Europe
    #16

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    okay first of all: countries should not withdraw just because they "don't take it seriously" or have bad results all the time. if they are a part of it and they want in, let them in.

    with that said: lol i will not have the diaspora excuse (because no matter which country it is applied to, it's all that it is: an excuse) for macedonia of all countries. i don't think they have a big impact on results at all (PEOPLE GENUINELY LIKED MICHAL DEAL WITH IT ESCUNITED), but if they did macedonia would certainly be a beneficiary rather than a victim.
    I think diaspora voting does have a big influence - trust me, I know what I'm talking about because I see this happening every single year among my friends, neighbors, colleagues and even in my family...
    I wasn't a big fan of Michal at the beginning, but the song has grown on me. Nevertheless in case (particularly in this case) of Poland diaspora voting does play a part - obviously non-Polish people liked it as well but the diaspora helped him a lot. The same thing is with Albania (although the diaspora is smaller so it's not that obvious), Greece, Turkey, Romania and Bosnia.
    <3

  8. Senior Member
    Macedonia
    Stiven's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    458
    Location
    Skopje
    #17

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Well as a Macedonian the main problem with our participation is our HoD and our Eurovision team, our HoD only has her job due to her links to the ruling party (welcome to the Balkans).
    The Problem with MRT as I said in another thread it that it often times focuses on the name first while the songs are a second thought and the result is visible. This is because Eurovision is a cash cow for MRT because its audience share is 5% they want to make sure as many people watch Euovision in order to make money of Eurovision and this translates to many commercials during the shows in order to squeeze as much money from it.
    Another problem is that MRT avoids current bands and as a result they have problems getting young people interested, also MRT is infamous for its horrible production value (the main reason for its 5% audience share) which is why our performance are often times horrible and ruin the song rather than improve it, another thing MRT is infamous for is corruption lots and lots of corruption this in combination with horrible production value makes our NF horrible and the main reason why we are stuck with internal selections because people have zero trust in MRT especially after 2005 when the favorite lost due to a visibly corrupt and unprofessional jury and 1998 when the favourite lost in a pretty questionable televote so as a result almost nobody votes in our NFs because people don't trust that MRT will honour their votes and as a result NFs don't make sense financially.
    I just hope we get a good Eurovision team soon who will fix our problems like put songs first, paying attention to stage performance, fix the image so people can trust MRT with their votes and get the youth more involved by selecting more current bands.
    Likes  Alaska49, RomanFromRussia, EscGeek, AlekS, Mrm liked this post
     

  9. Legend
    Slovenia
    EscGeek's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,159
    Location
    Milky Way
    #18

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Macedonia is very underrated... I would rate most of their entries with 4/5 or 5/5

    except "Pred da se razdeni"...that one would get a 3/5

    since 2007 has been in my top 10 only once,but it also hasn't been lower than 25th...so if it was up to me,they'd be in the final every year
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

  10. Veteran
    France
    John1's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,391
    Location
    France
    #19

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    shouldn't withdraw for a single good reason: WE NEED MACEDONIA IN THE ESC FOR ITS SONGS!

    Indeed, as many people said in this thread (and the others, which are dealing with Macedonian entry/participation every year...), this country isn't the strongest one in this contest. They haven't been sending and submitting decent entries for the past 10 years.

    Thanks to Kaliopi, the country made a great 'comeback' to ESC, in regards to its previous failures in the semi-final, and everyone was cheering on for the first time ever. She rocked the show, and she was living her song on the stage, this night.

    However, they've been failing each time since 2012 and the Goddess Kaliopi...
    After this non-qualification streak, we're able to see that is still willing to participate each year, and we won't blame them with sending crazy songs sang by silly singers.
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

  11. Legend
    Serbia
    Mrm's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,725
    #20

    Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    Macedonia is very underrated... I would rate most of their entries with 4/5 or 5/5

    except "Pred da se razdeni"...that one would get a 3/5

    since 2007 has been in my top 10 only once,but it also hasn't been lower than 25th...so if it was up to me,they'd be in the final every year
    I rank "Pred da se razdeni" as the best one probably, after Kaliopi of course..

    "Imperia" would be even better, if you remember "Imperia" the inicial entry by Esma & Vlatko which was replaced by "Pred da se razdeni" later??
    Som ett norrsken p himlen
    Som en ton ifrn nglarna.....

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:33.