View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
252. You may not vote on this poll

75 29.76%

44 17.46%

51 20.24%

24 9.52%

11 4.37%

14 5.56%

10 3.97%

8 3.17%

5 1.98%

2 0.79%

8 3.17%
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: FRANCE 2017 - Alma - Requiem

FRANCE 2017 - Alma - Requiem

2. Expert
    France

Re: FRANCE 2017 - Alma - Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    i think there is always delusion. When you're hearing the same song 2000times+ you're kind of forced to "like the song" or get used to it and not seeing what is wrong in it anymore. And of course, big favourites are always the ones that suffer the most. So I guess the answer is in between. I think you have to keep in mind it's anyone's game till the very last second and be open to improve every time, even if we're telling you, you're the best and on the other hand it's kind of awkward that only one website gave a bad review when people are mostly positive about it elsewhere (sounded like a hater thing you know)
    THIS phenomenon did totally occur with "Requiem", as its odds keep growing, though this was one of the best rehearsals, which we have seen. Moreover, we can indeed compare this with "City Lights', due to the fact that Blanche has been roughly criticized by all of the newspapers/websites, which are related to this contest. I don't understand why tbh, what they precisely expected regarding or with its rehearsals.

It's pretty difficult and complex at the same time to figure it out, as the odds of both of those countries are still increasing, while "Lights and Shadows" along with "Never Give Up On You" are constantly becoming much more popular than ever before. Once again, I can't get it, as Alma and Blanche do deserve much more than sinking in the overall scoreboard on "oddsbetting".

WELL WELL WELL.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

3. Ninja
    France

@John1 I don't really trust the odds actually. They can get really messy sometimes and just for this reason they just prove how wrong they can be. Actually people that are betting are mostly fans and we know how fans can be very wrong about some entries. So it may be a hint (of course Italy/Bulgaria are gonna do well) but I won't sell the bear's skin before we killed it.
    Likes  midnightsun liked this post

4. Wizard
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    it's kind of awkward that only one website gave a bad review when people are mostly positive about it elsewhere (sounded like a hater thing you know)
    It... really depends on which websites you tend to follow, though. A lot of the major news-based sites - think along the lines of Wiwi - tend to avoid being particularly negative about anything, as they want good relations with the delegations (since events like this show delegation members can be touchy to say the least). I've found that the most unbiased opinions on these things tend to come from the more strictly prediction-based sites; ESCTips, and to a lesser extent Sofabet and EntertainmentOdds, are my go-to choices here. These are people who've spent a long time analysing what does and doesn't work at Eurovision, who go over the camera feeds with a critical eye from the press centre, who put their money where their mouth is, etc.

And most of the opinions from these more analytical sites have been that, yes, France have kind of screwed up their staging again. I've avoided watching the rehearsals myself, so I can't give much of a personal opinion, but the large majority of comments I've seen myself have been that the stage looks far too empty, there needs to be more happening, the backdrop doesn't fit the vibe of the song, and some camera angles are vertigo-inducing. I'd love nothing more than for these sorts of reviews to be wrong, as I do enjoy France's song this year (it's around my 10th to 15th) and I'm the kind who wants every song be a pleasant surprise live anyway.

But there's absolutely reason for concern, is my point, and it can help to consider the biases and tendencies of the media you're looking at.
    Likes  JonnyWest, popavapeur, Stiven liked this post

5. Super Moderator
    Serbia

is strong this year as well. The song is easily in my top 5 and I am pretty sure that it will not end up outside top 10 on Saturday

8 points.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

6. Super Moderator
    Spain

Google just predicted this to win!!!!!

Likes  Sammy, 0scar, randajad, alca liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

7. Expert
    Austria

For me, it's my number 2. If someone beats Italy, it should be her.

8. Expert
    United States

Does anybody else fear this might be picked to close the show? They will want to close the show with a bang and feels like it

I hope not since performing last is hardly an advantage to start with and with the second half so much weaker then the first by the time they get to the last song people really will have tuned out. I'm praying Alma bounces back for at least a top 10 finish

9. Veteran
    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by GWTW1939 View Post

I hope not since performing last is hardly an advantage to start with and with the second half so much weaker then the first by the time they get to the last song people really will have tuned out. I'm praying Alma bounces back for at least a top 10 finish
    Oh please..
    In 2015 Italy won the televoting with 366 points.
    They performed 27th !!!
    Likes  randajad liked this post

10. Ninja
    Brazil

good fucking lord, her backdrop. she doesn't even need to BE on stage for this to be top 10. who knew france had it in them? i hope this new surge of competence is here to stay like latvia's (regardless of results because poor latvia).
    Likes  Gera11 liked this post

11. Ninja
    France

hahaha France always had odd positions and here it is 26th

Good luck Alma crush them all