12 4.48%
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687

Thread: FINLAND 2017 - Norma John - Blackbird

FINLAND 2017 - Norma John - Blackbird

2. Veteran
    Finland

Re: FINLAND 2017 - Norma John - Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    This song wasn't less beautiful, deep and intimate than Salvador's... so why did he (deservedly) won and they didn't even reach the final? Have the juries been drinking?
    Amar pelos dois is easier to digest, while Blackbird is a bit darker and depressive somehow. I think the jury also thought that it was enough to pick only one between Portugal and Finland, that may explain why it was placed low by many of them, unlike the televote which placed them almost in every top 10 of each country.

The draw wasn't either favorable to them, just three minutes separeted them both. I bet, if it was placed in semifinal 2 it would probably have done better with the juries. In any case, most of Finns are proud of their performance and there is nothing to complain about. There are ways to lose, Norma John lost the game delievering a quality product and it'll be remembered as one of the most underrated entries, that's in the end much better than being a top 10 with only 2 points from the televote.
    Likes  Katinka, Sunnyway, yulichka, midnightsun, ES2011 liked this post

3. Ninja
    Ukraine

I don't know what makes me more sad, the song or the fact they ended up 12th in the semi It is firm Top 5 of the whole Eurovision. So sad ESC crowd does not appreciate something as beautiful as Blackbird...

P.S It was the only song that I remembered from the two semifinals.
    Likes  GRE, Katinka liked this post

Still mad they didn't qualify.
    Likes  RainyWoods, Hele. liked this post

5. Junior Member
    Germany

Thanks to the Juries for eliminating this overhyped song. Finland should have sent Emma, then they would have reached the Final.

Emma would have never reached the final either. It was the essence of eurovision stereotypes and wet dream of eurofan boys.

Disposable, repetitive melody with arrangement and visuals which pretends to be somehow ethnic. Mid 2000s are over.
    Likes  Ezio, randajad, ESCFr, RainyWoods, ES2011 liked this post

7. Senior Member
    Finland

We probably would have sent Emma had she been able to sing the song live.

Overall UMK had maybe three songs that were not complete disasters. Blackbird was one of them, and had by far the best live performance. It was the best choice. Not spectacular in any way (if you ask me), but nothing to be ashamed of either. We failed with style.
    Portugal - douze points, Hongrie - dix points, Italie - huit points

8. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by sharkan View Post
    Emma would have never reached the final either. It was the essence of eurovision stereotypes and wet dream of eurofan boys.

Disposable, repetitive melody with arrangement and visuals which pretends to be somehow ethnic. Mid 2000s are over.
    Blackbird was everything Circle Of Light wasn't and it still didn't make it. Mainly because the song wasn't strong enough. Circle Of Light was a far better song with a worse performance, but it would have stood out more. I honestly think it would have qualified.
    Current ranking 2017 - 12. Portugal, 10. Sweden, 8. Italy, 7. Latvia, 6. Estonia, 5. Albania, 4. Hungary, 3. Poland, 2. Moldova, 1. Austria

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687