4 1.47%

13 4.76%
Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: FINLAND 2017 - Norma John - Blackbird

FINLAND 2017 - Norma John - Blackbird

2. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Re: FINLAND 2017

I agree with those saying the live vocals are the x-factor here. If Emma can sing good live, then it won't even be a contest. She'll have it wrapped up half way through voting. Even if her vocals aren't great she has a decent shot of victory, because the song now has a notable fanbase in Finland.

Roman is right that My First Band is a dark horse. They are still ahead in spotify streams (although Emma will likely have taken the lead by the time of the show) and they have a decent amount of fans. Lyrics are horrifying though.

While I think Blackbird a good song, I think it will come bottom 3 in the televote. I think the 3rd contender is Arrows by Alva. It's a the safest, blandest of the lot, but would almost certainly leave Finland in the semi-finals again.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

3. Veteran
    France

I still don't get why Emma is as popular as she's been since the songs of the UMK 2017 were out.

Most of the ESC fans sound to be moved and amazed by this kind of songs, which are often selected by the viewers all over Europe.
    I honestly feel lonely when I'm telling some of my friends that I can't stand this entry, whose opinion seems to be shared with all of the people, who are watching the UMK.

Though I have to admit that my musical tastes can be quite weird sometimes...
    Likes  ory26, Mrm liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

4. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    I agree with those saying the live vocals are the x-factor here. If Emma can sing good live, then it won't even be a contest. She'll have it wrapped up half way through voting. Even if her vocals aren't great she has a decent shot of victory, because the song now has a notable fanbase in Finland.

Roman is right that My First Band is a dark horse. They are still ahead in spotify streams (although Emma will likely have taken the lead by the time of the show) and they have a decent amount of fans. Lyrics are horrifying though.

While I think Blackbird a good song, I think it will come bottom 3 in the televote. I think the 3rd contender is Arrows by Alva. It's a the safest, blandest of the lot, but would almost certainly leave Finland in the semi-finals again.
    Stop
    Don't say that it impossible
    Cause I know
    It's possible

Btw, I don't think Alva or Anna or Zuhlke are contenders because they have absolutely the same audience. For me these three songs sound the same.

And aaaaaaalso, finns are unpredictable in voting, won't be surprised if Club La Persè wins the televote

5. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by RomanFromRussia View Post
    Stop
    Don't say that it impossible
    Cause I know
    It's possible

Btw, I don't think Alva or Anna or Zuhlke are contenders because they have absolutely the same audience. For me these three songs sound the same.

And aaaaaaalso, finns are unpredictable in voting, won't be surprised if Club La Persè wins the televote
    Popular's lyrics were really stupid, but Paradise's are extremely offensive.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

6. Legend
    Slovenia

Paradise's are extremely offensive.
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

7. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    Laugh all you want, but plenty of people feel the same way.

8. Ninja
    Estonia

I low-key need Club La Persè to win tbh
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

"Perché tutto va oltre le vostre inutili guerre"

9. Veteran
    Italy

I think you quite right here. I think not the vocals but performance overall. You can sound perfectly, but who cares if the performance is boring or tasteless

10. Legend
    Sweden

Popular's lyrics were really stupid, but Paradise's are extremely offensive.
    I actually don't find them so offensive...more ridiculous, uninspiring and childish
    I for one want more offensive lyrics to a certain extent at least, that makes one laugh about it (that is why I prefer "Love Yourself" a lot more than "Paradise").

11. Legend
    Slovenia

Laugh all you want, but plenty of people feel the same way.
    Even this isn't offensive (it's hillarious) to me...I dare you to find a video on youtube to offend me
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la