View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll

89 35.04%

25 9.84%

30 11.81%

10 3.94%

20 7.87%

14 5.51%

10 3.94%

9 3.54%

11 4.33%

6 2.36%

30 11.81%
Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ESTONIA 2017 - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona

ESTONIA 2017 - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona

Likes  sapsan, LastDreamer liked this post

2. Expert
    Estonia

Re: ESTONIA 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    Someone should organize a petition against that.... Mart Normet is seriously being lame. He basically said that he wants G:son to write entries for the national final.
    That's a bit far-fetched, he did not say that... yet. But I'm afraid this could essentially lead to that. Dude is seriously obsessed with Sweden and Melodifestivalen.
    Likes  Kairit, SwissKung liked this post

♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

3. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    That's a bit far-fetched, he did not say that... yet. But I'm afraid this could essentially lead to that. Dude is seriously obsessed with Sweden and Melodifestivalen.
    That's not far-fetched, you know like me that allowing foreign songwriters basically means allowing swedish songwriters to enter one of the best Eurovision national selection show. I mean who else who'd be interested in writing for Estonia really?

You don't need Eurotrash imo, you've got enough artists with big potential and quality songs in your show not to include imports that most of the time aren't interesting lyrically and musically.

Na površju vse je mirno, a v meni je KAOS

4. Ninja
    Estonia

Please, no. It's the ONLY thing I didn't want for Eesti Laul. Just PLEASE don't allow Swedes to get into the mix. He says he thinks it would be refreshing... Oh please. That may quickly turn into "let's allow everyone to enter, let's have international juries again" in the next years. I don't care about winning if we get there with a foreign mass-produced product. I'm really afraid Eesti Laul may lose that quality indie feel. Seems like that's what the Estonian public wants as well. I don't care if the show production turns into Melfest, I like what they did this year... Just let the songs stay the same. What we have is special.
    Likes  tuorem, Mickey liked this post

"Perché tutto va oltre le vostre inutili guerre"

5. Wizard
    Estonia

He said that he hopes that some experienced Swedish composers submit songs. In Eurovision lingo it basically means G:son

6. Expert
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    He said that he hopes that some experienced Swedish composers submit songs. In Eurovision lingo it basically means G:son
    That's not what he said in the video, the article is a rather poor transcript/summary of what he said. The part you meant was actually something like this:

Interviewer: Can we already say for certain that some Swedish songwriter will submit their song?
    Mart Normet: No, we can't certainly say it yet and I would not dare to promise it. But I think it would be refreshing. Not that we would have all the songs written in foreign countries and we would not have any connections and "spiritual relation" with them, but to bring in new blood and (ab)use them, so that we would still be the priority and the important side in the songwriting group, to use the collaboration in a good way.

7. Mentor
    UK

This is terrible. Eesti Laul is the best national final by some distance, because it is the one that reflects the local music scene better than any other.

If they start bringing in Swedish style cookie cutter pop anthems then this Eurovision thing could be ruined for me.
    Likes  SwissKung, Nikkita liked this post

8. Expert
    Estonia

Well I don't like the idea because it might set a precedence for further loosening of the rules in the future, but let's not get too carried away yet. So far the talk has been about collaborations where Estonia would remain the predominant side. It does not mean that any Swedish hack can come here and participate. Let's start with songs like these:

All three are international collabs that aren't allowed under current rules but could possible be accepted with the proposed rules change. Just examples though...

9. Enthusiast
    Estonia

That! I don't think that Normet really wants the typical MF-shit. I guess that he just had a talk or two at the after show party.

10. Expert
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by jaan View Post
    That! I don't think that Normet really wants the typical MF-shit.
    He does admire Melodifestivalen and has been vocal about it, although I think it's more from the professionalism/production quality side of it. I agree, MF is a very well produced TV show, but at the same time it's also very flashy and kitschy, and I usually get bored after the third song and switch it off.

11. Junkie
    Italy

I'm fine with everything as long as Estonia stays away from the garbage like "Play" or "Siren".