View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll

89 35.18%

25 9.88%

30 11.86%

10 3.95%

20 7.91%

14 5.53%

10 3.95%

9 3.56%

11 4.35%

5 1.98%

30 11.86%
Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1566

Thread: ESTONIA 2017 - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona

ESTONIA 2017 - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona

Likes  sapsan, LastDreamer liked this post

2. Senior Member
    Norway

Re: ESTONIA 2017 - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona

I liked the studio version of this song, but live, not so much...
    Amar Pelos Dois <3 Running On Air <3 Blackbird <3 Adio <3 Fairytale <3 Rise Like A Phoenix <3 AMLM <3 And the list goes on....just ask

3. Ninja
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Last year they destroyed their performance with strange looks at camera, this year is the same. Starring at camera is not always charming. Lena was charming (!!!) for example in 2011 with so many closeups, but Estonia this year and last year was creepy and laughable.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

I had feelings that both singers had to much confidence like "you must vote for us" and we "don't care to much because we for sure will be in the final". I've got that feeling maybe I'm wrong
    Vedatistan's entry for NSC 102 ~ Emmelie de Forest - Hunter and Play

The main problem about it has always been the bad vocals and Laura's lack of charisma. Koit was all over the place during his verse singing too high and at times out of sync with the music and Laura while an improvement since Eesti Laul was still lacking and out of sync at times. I don't know how this is even possible with such veterans?

Another point is that Laura just doesn't have the charisma. She always has the same uncomfortable face and last night her eyes looked all droopy like she was on Valium or something. Koit at least looked alive and was really working the telenovela.

I was actually very content with the staging and thought it was much better than in the national finals as the cameras were moving around a lot and gave the impression that more was actually happening compared to the static Eesti Laul performance.

It makes me sad that we had a great song and eventually good staging but at the end of the day the performers just couldn't deliver. I wanted to blame Mart Normet for the apparent lack of critical thinking but he can't teach the artists to sing can he?
    Likes  redshader liked this post

6. Wizard
    Estonia

Great news guys!!!

Koit and Laura both promised to stop entering Eesti Laul!
    Likes  SwissKung, 94ayd liked this post

7. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by VedatiNet View Post
    I had feelings that both singers had to much confidence like "you must vote for us" and we "don't care to much because we for sure will be in the final". I've got that feeling maybe I'm wrong
    Well, when asked if they want to repeat the performance, the Estonian delegation response was "The performance was very powerful, it would be impossible to recreate the energy on the repeated performance" Delusional much?
    Likes  lavieenrose, henhu, AlekS, Kairit liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

8. Junkie
    Italy

There's nothing to cheer about Laura's decision, she always had great songs in Eesti Laul when she was solo. Sadly this year she had a man with a very big face and creepy facial expressions who brought her down.

9. Hero
    Estonia

At least it made it to Wikipedia

On 11 May 2017, during the transmission of the second semi-final, the microphone of the Estonian representative seemed to have malfunctioned as singer Laura Pőldvere could not be heard for approximately two seconds by viewers at home. It was later revealed that the Estonian delegation considered appealing to the EBU to allow Laura & Koit Toome to perform their entry "Verona" again as a result of the error, but later decided against it. Mart Normet, the Head of Delegation for Estonia, explained "If there has been such a powerful performance for three minutes and given an absolute maximum, then this energy again does not come back when you go on stage again". The EBU responded to the situation, reportedly describing the error as purely technical, as the microphone was supposed to automatically come on. Instead, a sound technician was forced to respond by manually switching on the microphone via the sound desk.

The country ultimately failed to reach the grand final, with Pőldvere expressing her annoyance, however stating "I do not think it’s so tremendously influenced when a few words remain unheard".[168][169]
    Likes  redshader liked this post

10. Veteran
    Portugal

But yeah, Laura is right, the microphone was only off for 2 seconds, that is not the reason that made them fail at all. A second repeat performance would have been unfair in this situation.

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

11. Super Moderator
    Serbia

For me the song was good enough for the final. I also liked the performance and I was certain that it will make it. I am quite surprised to say the least. But I guess the juries and the audience just didn't like them enough.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"