View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll

13 8.13%

4 2.50%

10 6.25%

12 7.50%

13 8.13%

8 5.00%

16 10.00%

18 11.25%

19 11.88%

16 10.00%

31 19.38%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: MALTA 2017 - Claudia Faniello - Breathlessly

MALTA 2017 - Claudia Faniello - Breathlessly

Likes  Hele. liked this post

2. Addict
    United States

Re: MALTA 2017 - Claudia Faniello - Breathlessly

Just a reminder, this song does exist. And that's the only thing I can say about it that isn't negative.
    Likes  Odalis liked this post

3. Junkie
    Italy

Thanks for your comment! Now the world is a better place, because of your comment.

4. WorldVision Mod
    Cuba

I'm really surprised TVM didn't bin the song off and rewrote an entirely new one like with Ira. Idk if they're just clueless of the disaster heading their way or if they just don't care.
    Likes  Terence liked this post

5. Legend
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    I'm really surprised TVM didn't bin the song off and rewrote an entirely new one like with Ira. Idk if they're just clueless of the disaster heading their way or if they just don't care.
    I think this year in rules of Maltese pre-selection it was written that TVM will not CHANGE another song like last year. However, I do not know if there is possible rearrangment or some revamp or they will not change really anything.

6. WorldVision Mod
    Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
    I think this year in rules of Maltese pre-selection it was written that TVM will not CHANGE another song like last year. However, I do not know if there is possible rearrangment or some revamp or they will not change really anything.
    Strange they would change the rules. It's just clear they made the change before with Ira winning in mind and then rewriting the song.
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

7. Legend
    France

Strange they would change the rules. It's just clear they made the change before with Ira winning in mind and then rewriting the song.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact there were apparently financial irregularities regarding Ira's participation last year. Or maybe I'm wrong, sure thing is that they've spent lots of money with the song change process and the original high-tech staging that has been abandoned after the first rehearsal.

Anyway - I'm aware Belarus used to do that until recently - but I think it's fairer not to change the song people have chosen. It's indeed sad if it's complete garbage, but at least people don't have the feeling they're simply voting for a singer. It's also fairer to the other NF participants who have lost to a particular song.

A revamp however, is always welcome if the song can be improved substantially.

8. WorldVision Mod
    Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Maybe it has to do with the fact there were apparently financial irregularities regarding Ira's participation last year. Or maybe I'm wrong, sure thing is that they've spent lots of money with the song change process and the original high-tech staging that has been abandoned after the first rehearsal.

Anyway - I'm aware Belarus used to do that until recently - but I think it's fairer not to change the song people have chosen. It's indeed sad if it's complete garbage, but at least people don't have the feeling they're simply voting for a singer. It's also fairer to the other NF participants who have lost to a particular song.

A revamp however, is always welcome if the song can be improved substantially.
    ofc I'm not saying they should change it, I agree participants should always go with the song the public voted for. Otherwise the broadcaster should hold a contest like Armenia did this year to choose the singer alone. I was just stating it is odd that TVM didn't get rid of an obviously very weak entry. It's not their style. Like you said it probably has something to do with the financial irregularities and they just overspent last year and now cut back this year.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

9. Legend
    France

ofc I'm not saying they should change it, I agree participants should always go with the song the public voted for. Otherwise they broadcaster should hold a contest like Armenia did this year to choose the singer alone. I was just stating it is odd that TVM didn't get rid of an obviously very weak entry. It's not their style. Like you said it probably has something to do with the financial irregularities and they just overspent last year and now cut back this year.
    I guess so. And as "Walk On Water" flopped with televoters, I feel like they wanted to give power back to the people by getting rid of NF juries and not changing the song. So that means, if "Breathlessly" flops, Maltese people won't be able to complain about someone other than themselves.

10. Veteran
    UK

It is a beautiful song!! I love it!! I love this as much as I loved Poland 2009.. Monaco 2005... to name a few... we all know how they ended.. I don't see Claudia making the final, which is a shame because it really does mean a lot to her
    Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Onġi Onġella Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Oh Kavallier

11. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Am I the only one that thinks this is a brilliant revamp? The song suddenly became a lot more powerful. Yes, such a song is difficult to work with, but they've done absolutely everything right here. The first chorus is now simply stunning. Gave me chills. Those gorgeous strings. Turning it then into a sort of soft rock power ballad does add a whole new layer of "aw bless" but it's the super wonderful kind. There's so much warmth in this. I'm starting to love it. You can feel the longing in Claudia's voice and it's touching. I really hope this will be enough to see Malta through to the final.

I changed my 7 (I think) to 10.
    Likes  Kairit liked this post