View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll

36 16.14%

13 5.83%

6 2.69%

13 5.83%

20 8.97%

14 6.28%

12 5.38%

11 4.93%

11 4.93%

20 8.97%

67 30.04%
Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1538

Thread: CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

2. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Re: CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

@ParadiseES: I guess we have to just disagree here. Personally, I also certainly wouldn't call this song "quality" (because it is not) but I love it nonetheless. What I am trying to say is that juries should be more professional when ranking the songs. I mean, it is kinda funny (at least to me) when a certain jury ignores the Finnish masterpiece this year but he votes and gives 12 to the Greek song that is just.......pure trash.

It was kinda expected that juries will neutralize the audience voting because the audience is the one that (stereotypically) votes for all kinds of songs. But juries are actually even worse. I usually have a good laugh looking at how juries vote as well. Two years ago they put on last place (and it was one of the best songs in Vienna and arguably one of the best performances) but ranked first That was just WOW

And also, we see that many juries vote political as well (Armenia and Azerbaijan putting each other on last places pretty much all the time). Ex-yu juries do the same which is what I mentioned last night. They didn't give 0 to because they dislike the song, it's because they are still living in the 90s and there is also a common complex that they should just try to f**k up the neighbor when they can.

I am 100% certain that with "Molitva" would also get all 0s from ex-yu juries now. That is a part of the problem.
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

3. Senior Member
    Norway

I have no idea how this song did so well
    Likes  randajad liked this post

4. Super Moderator
    Spain

@Milos-BC
    Strong ex Yugo entries have received good points from the neighbours. But there wasn't any this year. Croatia's case is a different one that is televote friendly because of the wtf factor, which automatically means jury unfriendly.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

5. Ninja
    France

there is some witchcraft going on in Croatia...

6. Active Member
    Great Britain

I like the audacity but I didn't totally get it- I guess that's another factor in some ways of how you form an opinion and ultimately rate a song (especially with italy's, although it did well the jury didn't really take a shine).

7. Legend
    Croatia

I read that Jacques song ranges in 3 musical octaves! And Jacques managed to sing it perfectly. Well, if nothing (despite old fashioned melody line of the song), I think juries at least, a bit more, could appreciate this vocal range. Also, it seems that British newspapers calculated that his vocal range is at all 3,5 octaves (which is even more than Mick Jagger , Freddie Mercury, Elton John, Bono Vox and Kate Bush. If this is correct (I'm total music un-expert ) this is very impressive and we do not see artists with such potential on esc stage every day!

Source: http://www.24sata.hr/show/houdek-ima...na-voxa-524329

Also, Jacques natural (pop) voice color is pure magic. I think this should be appreciated at least a bit more by juries (as staging was on point as well and it is component of jury voting).

Marija Šerifović knows it very well and she was supporting him most intensively, I think biggest Jacques fan! And if someone knows something about music (and esc) and is enormous talent itself, than it is surely Marija Šerifović.

I do not understand about music quality and it is true that this music is dated but if something is dated why it is by automatics - bad? There were some classical elements (violin and cello) that improved quality of it.

Anyways, ok, in general, Jacques failed with juries and few more pts from neighbors wouldn't make much big difference. I'm totally not music expert and as it makes sense to me to appreciate such vocal talent maybe rest of it really wasn't that good? But what confuses me that also, dated dance songs with lyrics together-forever-ever got more jury pts than Jacques with such vocal as it is and staging as it is. I also do not understand what song didn't have and some others had? But, what makes me more pissed about this situation is total random jury voting (and that ex-Yu is getting to be biggest fool of this competition because we could witness how many neighbors and blocks are helping in jury voting as well but we are "punishing" each other - without it, Tijana easily would be in the final ).
    Likes  Milos-BC, 12Points liked this post

8. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    @Milos-BC
    Strong ex Yugo entries have received good points from the neighbours. But there wasn't any this year. Croatia's case is a different one that is televote friendly because of the wtf factor, which automatically means jury unfriendly.

I agree but again if you would look closely you would see that a good portion of those points came because of televoting. I agree that ex-yu songs were not outstanding this year but I am also confident that the juries didn't vote realistically. I think juries sabotaged both and on purpose because they saw both as direct rivals. Their juries as well as the juries have already been a part of one scandal a couple of years ago, so this is not the first time.

Imo didn't deserve the final this year because the performance was rather weak. But I would still love to know that if we got a 0 from a certain country, that it is because they disliked the song. Not because they are calculating something or because of other reasons.
    Likes  Euterpa liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

9. Enthusiast
    Croatia

Friendly reminder that our jury ranked Belgium 25th in the final and that all five of them can burn in hell

10. Mentor
    Portugal

I expected this to go top 10, still best result since Severina !

11. Junior Member
    Macedonia

I just need to say hello to all of you with this song