View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll

36 16.14%

13 5.83%

6 2.69%

13 5.83%

20 8.97%

14 6.28%

12 5.38%

11 4.93%

11 4.93%

20 8.97%

67 30.04%
Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1538

Thread: CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

2. Legend
    Croatia

Re: CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

Quote Originally Posted by SaladBreak View Post
    He didn't manage to do better than Severina
    Likes  SaladBreak liked this post

3. Active Member
    Croatia

He didn't manage to do better than Severina
    If you only count the televote, he actually did...If I'm not wrong.

4. Mentor
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Euterpa View Post
    If you only count the televote, he actually did...If I'm not wrong.
    And if I count only the jury vote he's 3rd or 4th from the bottom..

5. Legend
    Croatia

To quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by LakZaNokte View Post
    Left side of the board would be a great success, I'm hoping we will finally reach it after...how many years? 100?
    ...and it is achieved

I hope this is a begining of new era for us; every year even better result!

13th place is great (8th in televote but juries slaughtered Jacques ), finally something
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

6. Enthusiast
    Croatia

The juries are all kinds of things but experts is not one of them.Imri & Dihaj are better vocalists than jacques? Yeah, right.

Being 8th in the televote and 13th overall is a great place for Croatia and I hope that next year we also develop a strategy and send a good singer but this time with a worthy pop song.
    No more opera or freak show elements.

Jacques did great.
    Likes  Hele., LakZaNokte liked this post

7. Legend
    Croatia

After all this hype after SF, I really hoped he will manage to catch top 10! Expected that he will do much better in televote than in jury but was thinking maybe 15th-16th with jury and 6-7th with televote. Really was hoping jury would appreciate that on place staging and his outstanding voice, but oh well. It wouldn't make us in rankings that better, maybe we would be 10th-11th but ex-Yu juries are disgusting. Cyprus-Greece exchanged 12s, almost all Scandinavian countries between selves some pts, Romania-Moldova etc. Wasn't expecting them to give us all 12s but at least some 5-8 as Montenegro did. Really disgusting. With such attitude, no ex-Yu countries in top 10 of esc.
    Really proud on that top 10 in televote! Our best televote result since Goran Karan in 2000. (17 years after ) and prove we can have such entry that is capable of this. Overall, amazing 13th place after LOOOONG 11 years!
    This was so necessary for getting back esc popularity in Croatia, our media was hyping Jacques last days and many people that even didn't care about esc on any kind got their interest and watched Jacques tonight! My friends that have typical Croatian way of thinking about esc "we shouldn't complete, it is ridiculous show" or simply "it should be canceled (whole esc)" were watching esc tonight, Jacques (mostly positively) and it caught their attention. I was kinda feeling those time when (mostly from school) I could exchange my opinions on "random" countries like "did you see that girl from Azerbaijan, she is singing I'm skeleton, is she normal" () or "what's gorilla doing on stage" or "what's doing that guy from Portugal" or "those guys (from Moldova) are so cool" (btw, most of my friends liked Moldova mostly) and from my side it wasn't that possible to explain how esc go forward and developed. People that didn't care for esc for long time finally reacted and esc occupied their attention! This is very good sign for esc in Croatia! I really hope that we can continue in improving our esc quality (Nina was great re-start and Jacques was goo step further) and that our nation will watch it and get their interest even more!
    Jacques, thank you for bringing back interest about esc in Croatia, thank you for getting esc seriously, thank you for thinking about your staging, thank you for sharing your outstanding talent with Europe and catching heir attention!
    Really exciting about next year! Please, just continue improving Croatia!
    Likes  LoveStormGuy, LakZaNokte, evija87, subject liked this post

8. Legend
    Croatia

And if I count only the jury vote he's 3rd or 4th from the bottom..
    Well, realistically, Severina won televote pts (56) basically only from ex-Yu countries while Jacques earning more than 100 televote pts can't be only with that. If we compare Jacques and Severina result, than it is fair to compare televote as in 2006 only televote counted. Furthermore, in that amazing year, with such many amazing songs, it is highly questionable if Severina wouldn't be 3rd of 4th from bottom in jury with type of song she had. Saying this, I adore Moja štikla even nowadays, especially back then and surely more than My Friend but I'm also thankful for Jacques who is doing positive things for esc in Croatia generally. As realistically, it is last year (2006) when our nation was hyped by esc as our biggest star went and I hope she will be back!
    Likes  SaladBreak liked this post

9. Legend
    Croatia

Oh, and if anyone had any doubts:
    "our block" is dead.

We are out there like San Marino.
    And that makes this result even better.
    Likes  Hele., midnightsun liked this post

10. Mentor
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
    Well, realistically, Severina won televote pts (56) basically only from ex-Yu countries while Jacques earning more than 100 televote pts can't be only with that. If we compare Jacques and Severina result, than it is fair to compare televote as in 2006 only televote counted. Furthermore, in that amazing year, with such many amazing songs, it is highly questionable if Severina wouldn't be 3rd of 4th from bottom in jury with type of song she had. Saying this, I adore Moja štikla even nowadays, especially back then and surely more than My Friend but I'm also thankful for Jacques who is doing positive things for esc in Croatia generally. As realistically, it is last year (2006) when our nation was hyped by esc as our biggest star went and I hope she will be back!
    Okay but it sounds good to me and don't you dare telling me he did better than Sevka or I'll report you

Quote Originally Posted by LakZaNokte View Post
    Oh, and if anyone had any doubts:
    "our block" is dead.

We are out there like San Marino.
    And that makes this result even better.
    I think we are the most hated ex- sibling
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

11. Legend
    Croatia

I think we are the most hated ex- sibling
    Definitely.
    In any case, looks like that story is finally over and done.
    And not a second too soon.
    Likes  Hele., SaladBreak liked this post