View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll

59 29.35%

33 16.42%

21 10.45%

17 8.46%

17 8.46%

8 3.98%

8 3.98%

13 6.47%

7 3.48%

8 3.98%

10 4.98%
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast

Thread: BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

2. Addict
    Germany

Re: BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

Seriously? I don't think that your average ESC viewer even watched the semi finals or had any interest in them at all, as it wasn't broadcasted on the big channels and Germany doesn't need to take part in them. Heck, even San Marino managed to get a point from the public voting, pretty sure the SF's were only of interest to the "real fans".
    And it's not like there was huge coverage of him anyway, lol. Most of the viewers couldn't care less about it, they only watch the ESC for a night and forget about it the next day. You should probably step outta the ESC bubble for once and ask the casual viewers if they even remember Kristian's name, haha (or any name, really).

Edit: I'd also really like to read one of these omnious articles. Any links?
    Likes  94ayd, randajad liked this post

The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.

3. Hero
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Franzilein View Post

https://www.taz.de/Archiv-Suche/!540...hRahmen=Print/

Mann oder Frau – oder doch Mann, dem Bartwuchs fehlt? Ist das nicht einerlei? Schwulster Beitrag des Abends
    In English: "Man or Woman - or Man without beard? Isnt it the Same? Most Gayest Entry of the evening

http://diepresse.com/home/kultur/son...aee-zerstoeren

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellsch...-15013965.html

They didnt mentioned that it was a (very unfunny) joke or that he meant metaphorically that he wants to share the trophy with his delegation.

http://www.taz.de/!t5014243/

Again Jan Feddersen, the selfcalled "ESC-Expert". Seems like he forgot to mention that he was only 14 back then and the the law didnt exist yet.

4. Addict
    Germany

And you really think that thousands and thousands of people read these specific articles and thought: "Yep, that one journalist got it all right. Screw my personal preferences in music and my own opinion, that kid is bad / song is gay / ..." He also disliked Blanche for example, yet she got 10 points from the public.

Sorry, that just seems so delusional Were these articles even in the printed edition? That one article about the trophy isn't even offensive in any way.
    Likes  94ayd, Laepo1, randajad liked this post

The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.

5. Hero
    Germany

I just picked up a few examples, im sure in a few minutes i would find a lot more.
    Of Course the impact is not too strong, bit it cant be demented that there is an impact. You see something similar in the Ukraine where he got his worst Jury and Televotes-Results one day after making this bad "joke".

6. Active Member
    Bulgaria

Gery-Nikol released the version of the song she took part in the selection with (and was almost choosen)

Likes  12Points liked this post

7. Hero
    Germany

Its a good song, but Kristian was defintive the better choice.

8. Senior Member
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Kashone View Post
    Gery-Nikol released the version of the song she took part in the selection with (and was almost choosen)

Oh damn! Imagine the staging that this song could get.
    That's what I call ''Beautiful Mess''!

9. WorldVision Mod
    Argentina

Bulgarian version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> English version.

If she gets chosen next year no english pls
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

be free my baby 💙 - Jhené

10. Expert
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Franzilein View Post
    Seriously? I don't think that your average ESC viewer even watched the semi finals or had any interest in them at all, as it wasn't broadcasted on the big channels and Germany doesn't need to take part in them. Heck, even San Marino managed to get a point from the public voting, pretty sure the SF's were only of interest to the "real fans".
    And it's not like there was huge coverage of him anyway, lol. Most of the viewers couldn't care less about it, they only watch the ESC for a night and forget about it the next day. You should probably step outta the ESC bubble for once and ask the casual viewers if they even remember Kristian's name, haha (or any name, really).

This is so delusional and supernatural at the same time. I think that the German viewers were so desperate that they decided to vote for San Marino and attempt to grant Valentina points (they only achieved ten percent of their purpose... ) in order to help Levina get rid of the strongest contenders of this year's contest and thus making Kristian fail to qualify and prevent her from ending up last. She almost did though by one point. She almost succeeded in reaching last place. Levina was hugely determined to break an Eurovision record.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

11. Addict
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I just picked up a few examples, im sure in a few minutes i would find a lot more.
    Of Course the impact is not too strong, bit it cant be demented that there is an impact. You see something similar in the Ukraine where he got his worst Jury and Televotes-Results one day after making this bad "joke".
    You will also find many, many positive articles about him, even after the semi final, as many considered him a favourite.
    I just think he just didn't stand out as much for the average viewer who listened to the songs for the first time (as I've experienced myself with my friends). In a sea full of ballads, entries like Romania's or Moldova's were just way more memorable for the audience.

And just to make it clear, I loved Bulgaria this year. I just don't see how small, minor reports (or rather personal blogs like Feddersen's) that only people who really dig after them can find, could change the opinion of millions of viewers. It's kinda out of proportion
    The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.