View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll

59 29.35%

33 16.42%

21 10.45%

17 8.46%

17 8.46%

8 3.98%

8 3.98%

13 6.47%

7 3.48%

8 3.98%

10 4.98%
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

2. Active Member
    Bulgaria

Re: BULGARIA 2017 - Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

His ambitions are way over just the Russian market I can tell you that.
    Likes  ESCKerli liked this post

3. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ESCKerli View Post
    He said in an interview that he just got into Berklee and will be studying there next year, so yeah, he definitely wants a career in Russia
    Where did you get that from? He hasn't said a thing about Russia, how is he milking their votes?
    Are you him? Since apparently know what he wants in life Why wouldn't he want a career in Russia if he got the opportunity?

Doing interviews in Russian, posting videos in Russian, talking about Russia... I think it's clear his team atleast want to promote him to Russian speakers and I think they have in mind potential votes from Russian diaspora. Nothing odd really, he probably aims for victory like most would do and use whatever tactic he can, Alexander Rybak also did something similar back in 2009 (although he would have probably won regardless).

4. Active Member
    Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    I'm just pointing out that Kostov winning is a big risk that should be avoided.
    Except that some Russian agencies would come up with headlines like "A Russian boy won in Kiev, haha in your ass Ukraine!" I cant exactly see the "risk"you are talking about here. You do realize the potential host for 2018 is Sofia, not Moscow, right?

5. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Kashone View Post
    His ambitions are way over just the Russian market I can tell you that.
    I think many artists want worldwide success, but realistically speaking breaking the Western markets for an Eastern European artist is VERY difficult, hence why many focus on their own country or region or look at Russia as an option (because that is the biggest market in Eastern Europe and it opens up possibility to become a name in whole ex-USSR region), and since the kid got Russian connections it wouldn't be surprising he would expand his territory there because that is is biggest shot, nothing odd really, just strategically possible.

6. Wizard
    Austria

Well, someone feels threatened that their favorite is gonna get beaten.
    This is not about my favorite being beaten. This is about avoiding more Russian drama.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

2018: | 10: CY | ranking in progress
    2017: BE | 2016: UA | 2015: AU | 2014: AT | 2013: NO | 2012: SE | 2011: SE | 2010: DE

7. Wizard
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Kashone View Post
    Except that some Russian agencies would come up with headlines like "A Russian boy won in Kiev, haha in your ass Ukraine!" I cant exactly see the "risk"you are talking about here. You do realize the potential host for 2018 is Sofia, not Moscow, right?
    And what would Kostov do? Play along to make more money and give interviews to the Russian media. It would all be exploited by Russia. During the last Bulgarian elections, the pro-Russian party got 27%, making it the second largest party. This shows that many people in Bulgaria side with Russia instead of Europe. I think the contest better go to Western Europe next year to avoid more political drama with Russian interference.
    2018: | 10: CY | ranking in progress
    2017: BE | 2016: UA | 2015: AU | 2014: AT | 2013: NO | 2012: SE | 2011: SE | 2010: DE

8. Junkie
    Austria

Well, someone feels threatened that their favorite is gonna get beaten.
    Me absolutely.
    The most emotional winners of all time
    2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

9. Active Member
    Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    And what would Kostov do? Play along to make more money and give interviews to the Russian media. It would all be exploited by Russia. During the last Bulgarian elections, the pro-Russian party got 27%, making it the second largest party. This shows that many people in Bulgaria side with Russia instead of Europe. I think the contest better go to Western Europe next year to avoid more political drama with Russian interference.
    The only drama (strong word in this occasion) would be between Russia and Ukraine, how exactly that bothers you personally? And how exactly it will harm the hosting in Sofia? Those 27% you mentioned are mainly old people who were brainwashed by the communist party their entire life, they literally don't know anything else. But how is all this related to anything I will never know.
    Likes  ESCKerli liked this post

10. Senior Member
    Latvia

Has the singer been in the occupied Crimea illegally in 2014 ? That's scandalous.

11. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Geborgenheit View Post
    Has the singer been in the occupied Crimea illegally in 2014 ? That's scandalous.
    Apparently he performed there prior Ukraine introducing the law (which was introduced some months after, maybe even some half a year after), so technically he didn't break the law since at the time there was no such law. Also, being a minor, I think if anything his parents (or whoever was "guardian" at the visit) would be considered the "law breakers" in this case.

I know some have used this as a way as continuation of trashing Ukraine as a host and continue the drama started by the Russian broadcaster, thankfully this "new" story didn't go anywhere since Ukraine is simply not taking the bet, and since the guy didn't break any law at the time being they can't really act on this.

Apparently Russian TV is now promoting the guy, he is a Russian citizen afterall and yeah, like I wrote previously we will see if all this (his Russian connection, his promotion targeting Russian speakers etc.) will help him with Russian diaspora votes or if the potential effect is overestimated.