View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll

140 46.67%

35 11.67%

33 11.00%

27 9.00%

10 3.33%

11 3.67%

11 3.67%

3 1.00%

5 1.67%

4 1.33%

21 7.00%
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: BELGIUM 2017 - Blanche - City Lights

BELGIUM 2017 - Blanche - City Lights

2. Veteran
    Portugal

Re: BELGIUM 2017 - Blanche - City Lights

I voted for Belgium last night Should have been top 3!
    Blanche's performance was great, so so much better than in the semi-final and in the rehearsals! I am very glad the Portuguese people rewarded her with 10 points in the televoting!
    I was genuinely happy for Blanche's smile when she saw Belgium's televote score, it made my heart melt

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

3. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
    I voted for Belgium last night Should have been top 3!
    Blanche's performance was great, so so much better than in the semi-final and in the rehearsals! I am very glad the Portuguese people rewarded her with 10 points in the televoting!
    I was genuinely happy for Blanche's smile when she saw Belgium's televote score, it made my heart melt
    Me too I originally planed to only vote for Portugal, but her improvement impressed me so much that I just had to vote for her.
    Anyway I hope the Belgians are happy going from a predicted NQ at the start of rehearsals to another deserved top 5 placing (should have been top 3 Imo).

4. Veteran
    Sweden

Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand... Thank you to the public to prove who is on the right side of history.
    Likes  GRE, midnightsun liked this post

5. Super Moderator
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand...
    Maybe because the live performance was terrible and awkward?
    Likes  Scania, 94ayd liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

6. Veteran
    Portugal

Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand... Thank you to the public to prove who is on the right side of history.
    Well let's not ignore the fact that she rated much better with the juries in the final, 9th place. The semi-final result was obviously because her live performance was much weaker in that jury rehearsal, as was reported.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

7. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    Maybe because the live performance was terrible and awkward?
    I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. Singing and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.

8. Super Moderator
    Spain

I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. SInging and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.
    It is not a pure wailing contest.
    I don't deny the qualities of the song. But to see them it's needed a proper performance and I just felt so fear and awkwardness from it that I couldn't see any of the qualities I used to see in the studio versión.
    It's a live contest and in the end it got a 4th place after a much better performance in the final.
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

9. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. Singing and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.
    Performance level is a big part of the scoring. And her performance in the jury show was not good. Tamara was excellent, despite the not great song. Also, current doesn't = good. Juries shouldn't award points for just that reason.

Thankfully in the final she put on a fantastic performance and deserved her position.
    Likes  lavieenrose, 94ayd liked this post

Current 2018 ranking (22nd April) 12. France, 10. Belgium, 8. Denmark, 7. Norway, 6. Armenia, 5. Netherlands, 4. Lithuania, 3. Hungary, 2. Ukraine, 1. Romania

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    It is not a pure wailing contest.
    I don't deny the qualities of the song. But to see them it's needed a proper performance and I just felt so fear and awkwardness from it that I couldn't see any of the qualities I used to see in the studio versión.
    It's a live contest and in the end it got a 4th place after a much better performance in the final.
    Still though juries completely ignores the whole "song" aspect and it's scary when pure crap songs are hailed because they got a wailer for three minutes where's actually good songs get sacked because the singer was not on top, again should we treat it as singing talent show or a song contest? Last I checked the latter was the actual purpose.

Also speaking of awkward performance, hello Portugal "I am such an artist so I will look stoned and nonchalant for three minutes because that's genuine"...
    Likes  Chorizo, midnightsun liked this post

11. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    Performance level is a big part of the scoring. And her performance in the jury show was not good. Tamara was excellent, despite the not great song. Also, current doesn't = good. Juries shouldn't award points for just that reason.

Thankfully in the final she put on a fantastic performance and deserved her position.
    Performance is important, but if we ignore the songs in a song contest and only praise performances, then we can quit this whole contest. There is a real credibility issue in a song contest where good songs get dissed and a turd can qualify just because the singer fits the American Idol formula.
    Likes  Yusha103, Chorizo liked this post