View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll

45 25.57%

19 10.80%

28 15.91%

19 10.80%

11 6.25%

17 9.66%

9 5.11%

8 4.55%

6 3.41%

3 1.70%

11 6.25%
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: LATVIA 2017 - Triana Park - Line

LATVIA 2017 - Triana Park - Line

2. Addict
    Latvia

Re: LATVIA 2017 - Triana Park - Line

Not the first time we end last in a semi-final. Time to quit Eurovision ?

3. Expert
    Cuba

2nd last from all participants.................... place of real winners
    Likes  RainyWoods liked this post

back2letoback2reality

4. Mentor
    Estonia

Shocking last place (even JŁri Pootsmann got more points last year). Montenegro got 17 times more points from music professionals.

5. Veteran
    Germany

I expected them to qualify in their semi so ofc very disappointed with this result... undeserved!
    Donít stop rock, rock this place - Donít stop tryiní, try your best - Donít stop, donít stop movinī (Switzerland 2012 - Sinplus - Unbreakable)

6. Ninja
    Sweden

I think the performance went okay considering what they had to work with.... clearly the problem was the song, it had a good hook but it lacked any development or climax, it just repeated, and there was barely even a real ending, it just kind of whimpered out, leaving viewers unsatisfied.
    Likes  Scania liked this post

You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs

7. In Training
    Croatia

All I see is you x50
    Where we draw the line x∞

Atrocious song, dodgy performance. This and Malta were the only songs that I severely disliked and it's a massive step down for Latvia after two great entries.

8. Senior Member
    Japan

Can't believe this was last in the semi

This must be the worst placing ever got by the last spot.

I really wanted them to qualify

Quote Originally Posted by EscTurkey View Post
    This must be the worst placing ever got by the last spot.
    Nowhere near.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

10. Slightly Emotional
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Geborgenheit View Post
    Not the first time we end last in a semi-final. Time to quit Eurovision ?
    No, time to pick better next year. You previously got 6th place in the final (for an incredible song) and 15th. Coming last in a semi after two successful years isn't a reason to rage quit.
    Likes  lavieenrose, Alaska49, GRE, 94ayd, popavapeur liked this post

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark

"do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Men with synths in glittery jackets who carry very high opinions of themselves" - Lavieenrose on the music of mine he doesn't enjoy.
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me.

11. Expert
    France

My review of "Line":

-First of all, while I loved the last two Latvian efforts, I was glad Aminata couldn't enter the competition a third time in a row. Not that I don't want to hear any of her compositions in Supernova anymore, but I guess it's fair to have some change: she's not the only talent Latvia has. As a result, I was quite curious about what kind of entry would represent them this year and... let's just say I applaud Latvians for always sending songs that aren't formatted, I appreciate that. "Line" is in line with the dark electro-pop path they've been following since 2015, however quality-wise it can't be compared in any way with "Love Injected" and "Heartbeat". The main issue I have with this song is that it sounds like a succession of ideas - both good and bad - put together which don't create a homogeneous product, it may not be that noticeable in the studio version, but the live performance accentuates how disjointed the composition is. The chorus is meant to be catchy and hypnotic, but I think the one-line hook - which is also repeated a lot in the instrumental parts - comes across a repetitive. I agree with Fluke who said it lacked a clear structure: there is no real peak or end, and the absence of transitions between some parts makes the whole thing sound like it drags on. Putting the messiness aside, the song does have some kind of identity, unfortunately the lack of "guiding principle" does ruin that asset imo: it's closer to a casual jam session extract than a well-crafted song. Pros: the moody, atmospheric vibe of the song. Cons: the composition comes across as messy to me. It could have been more impactful with an overall rearrangement.

The highlight of this song to me is the first instrumental break because I love the electric guitar riffs they've used to accompany the electronic arrangements.

-Vocally, it's not stellar either. I've always thought Agnese was the group's main weakness: yes she's energetic, she knows how to work an audience and she's probably awesome in concert due to her qualities as a performer. However, her vocals are beyond awful: when it is not off-key, her voice screeches, cracks and does all sorts of unmelodious sounds. One may have vocal imperfections and be an awesome singer, but in her case, all she does is reducing the potential of the songs she sings imo. Shame. Her live performance was - as expected - underwhelming imo.

-Visually, it's like a trip on acid with psychedelic flashy colours: pink, blue and green, which I strongly associate with rave parties. The background and floor were displaying undefined moving waves, which created a good contrast. I really like how it exploded like tons of rainbows afterwards, along with the play on lights and the smoke columns. Overall, I think the staging was on point. Even Agnese's over-the-top manga-ish rave-ish outfit and hairstyle worked, even though I totally understand it might be too much for people who aren't into that kind of delirium. I personally don't think they could have staged the song better, it was great.

-Results-wise, I was expecting them to qualify simply because the acts closing the semis pretty much always qualify, but I wasn't upset not to see them advancing to the grand final as I never got the hype surrounding that song (they wouldn't have qualified either if it were up to me). Yes, it sounded rather different, but it wasn't crafted well enough for me to find it really interesting. The big surprise was the voting breakdown: last with juries, second-to-last with viewers and last overall. I didn't think they would have done (or deserved to do) so badly, there were much worse and plain songs in the semi. It's rare that the last act to perform comes last, even more so now that the running order isn't random anymore. Well, better luck next time Latvia, I wasn't impressed but please keep sending your unique style to Eurovision

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455