View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll

17 8.25%

16 7.77%

16 7.77%

18 8.74%

33 16.02%

21 10.19%

18 8.74%

13 6.31%

13 6.31%

7 3.40%

34 16.50%
Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

2. Veteran
    Slovenia

Re: AUSTRALIA 2017

Iggy Azalea ft. Pitbull
    Likes  revallsay, JimmyJump liked this post

youtube.com/XSunacX/videos
    Wishlist: Albania-Lynx|Latvia-Riga Reggae

3. Active Member
    United States

I have a feeling that Australia won't participate in 2017 since they're starting the Asian edition of Eurovision next year, so they'll be doing that.
    Likes  Mii11, Gogerko, anto475 liked this post

4. Veteran
    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by EliGrant6 View Post
    I have a feeling that Australia won't participate in 2017 since they're starting the Asian edition of Eurovision next year, so they'll be doing that.
    But if they win there, they can participate in Eurovision also, because it is speculated that the winner of AsiaPasific Contest will participate in Eurovision.
    EBU gave the oppurtunity to Australia to participate in both contests though, regardless if the win or not in AsiaPasific Contest.

5. Senior Member
    Croatia

Hope so! I love Australia but I want to keep this in Europe. I think it's great they have their own version!
    Likes  ory26 liked this post

6. Active Member
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Gogerko View Post
    Hope so! I love Australia but I want to keep this in Europe. I think it's great they have their own version!
    I agree too. Having the Asian version just makes more sense too since so many Asian countries seems to want to join Eurovision. And if Australia starts Asianvision, it would cost too much to do both Asia and Eurovision.
    Likes  Gogerko, anto475 liked this post

7. Veteran
    Sweden

Let's hope

But I'm pretty sure they'll still be in It's EBU's new sweetheart afterall, bend and break every previous rule and promise made just for them, then we'll see another jury push and good draws... *yawn*
    Likes  Gogerko, Mii11, Franzilein liked this post

8. Veteran
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Let's hope

But I'm pretty sure they'll still be in It's EBU's new sweetheart afterall, bend and break every previous rule and promise made just for them, then we'll see another jury push and good draws... *yawn*
    Did you expect them to give Australia a bad draw in the final after they won their semi-final?
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

Portugal - Belgium - Armenia - France - Azerbaijan - Denmark - Iceland - Italy - Finland

9. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Let's hope

Let's not hope. Australia have been the best thing to happen to the contest in a long time. A culturally European nation that sends their biggest stars with credible songs each year. What's not to like? I hope they send someone even bigger next year and cruise to victory. They would have earned it, and the tears alone would make it worth it.
    Likes  Quent91, Stiven, Nicky liked this post

Current ranking 2017 - 12. Portugal, 10. Sweden, 8. Italy, 7. Latvia, 6. Estonia, 5. Albania, 4. Hungary, 3. Poland, 2. Moldova, 1. Austria

10. Ninja
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    Let's not hope. Australia have been the best thing to happen to the contest in a long time. A culturally European nation that sends their biggest stars with credible songs each year. What's not to like? I hope they send someone even bigger next year and cruise to victory. They would have earned it, and the tears alone would make it worth it.
    In your opinion only. Australia IMO is the worst thing that could have happened in last few years and I don't want to see this nation having something to do with Eurovision ever again.This is a European contest, not Anglophone contest. If they are that desperate to participate in a similar contest, then do Asiavision or Commonwealthvision, or whatever. There is no place for their artist or their daft, meaningless and cultureless songs on Eurovision stage.

Australia is not culturally European because it is not located anywhere near Europe. As simple as that. It is an Anglophone country, but so is Jamaica and Jamaica is definitely not European. The fact that this state keeps participating in the contest is a violation of rules and prime example of discrimination against European nations and shoving non-European 'culture' (although in case of Australia we cannot really talk about any kind of meaningful and developed culture, since this is a relatively young country) down our throats, as if it was something better. This year would have qualified if were out of the competition, but sadly it seems that EBU prioritise money over promoting an actual European culture, music and artistry.
    <3

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast