View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll

17 8.06%

17 8.06%

18 8.53%

18 8.53%

33 15.64%

22 10.43%

18 8.53%

14 6.64%

13 6.16%

7 3.32%

34 16.11%
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Thread: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

2. Ninja
    Greece

Re: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

This song wasn't that bad but still not for that good place!

3. Senior Member
    Norway

The vocal performance from Isaiah here was stunning... too unfortunate that he didn't manage to deliver that amazing high note in the SF or GF...
    Last minute gives me goosebumps!

4. Senior Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Gogerko View Post
    Don't come easy, in my opinion, was the best Australian attempt.
    I don't think juries put them to high. For me, this was one of the best songs in the competition.
    Go Isaiah!
    In a weak year, Australia definitely deserved a good jury score with a well produced pop ballad, fantastic singer and an expensive staging that didn't appeal to the televoters and ended up with 2 points...
    Though people say that Australia was overrated by the juries but the truth is that he didn't many top marks just scoring well and consistently with a lot of the juries

5. Guru
    Germany

To me, Don't come easy is the best entry of Australia so far. In the studio version. How they ruined the live performance with Isaiah's looks, performance and voice was incredible. The staging was beyond desastrous; probably one of the worst I have seen with that creepy walking in this ugly trenchcoat.... what a pity because I really like the song and Isiah's voce (not live).

So the jury voting was a bit too high but not really undeserved. He deserved the final in any case! But top 15 - no!
    Iím not afraid to grow old
    If I have your hand to hold

6. Senior Member
    Norway

"Don't Come Easy" feels so modern, contemporary and classy to me and gives me those Sam Smith vibes. Of course, I love it as I've been a fan of Sam Smith for years. I like the song much better live than in the studio version.

I really appreciate the staging - I find it slick, professional and expensive. I'd change some things though like a bit less of Isaiah in the background - and let him wear different clothes just to make it more interesting. I remember that they wanted the performance to look like a dreamscape, so I'd actually add something to make it look more like a dreamscape lol.

I'm not quite sure if the golden rain and pyros were needed though, I'd maybe prefer just a backdrop associated to the word dreamscape... I like the platform he's standing on during the performance. I've always been curious though how it looked like when he was spinning during the last refrain.

7. Hero
    Germany

It was one of Sashas worst staging imo. The Song itself is good enough for the Final and a Midfieldplacing, but the presentation was bad. After the Semi I think Australia shouldnt have gone through, but unfortunately Juries judged another Performance.
    00: LV | 01: GR | 02: LV | 03: TR | 04: UA | 05: CS | 06: FI | 07: BY | 08: IL |
    09: NO | 10: GE | 11: GR | 12: AZ | 13: AZ | 14: ES | 15: SE | 16: SE | 17: BG | 18: AT

8. Ninja
    Brazil

still shook that it got out of my last place because of the voice crack good job kid
    Love yourself as much as I love Cezar - It's My Life (Romania) - LIVE - 2013 Grand Final

I remember how disappointed, even angry I was when it placed high in the final since to me the song was pretty dull.
    I loved so many songs that year and wanted to see them shine and this took one of the bright spots. So unfair, I thought.
    And then a few weeks later it slowly found its ways first to my ears and then to my heart. It grew on me beautifully!
    So for me personally it's definitely not a love on the first listen kind of song, but the emotion in his voice and the elegant, 'chill' melody make a pretty listenable and calming three minutes. His voice just might be what makes it so powerful, he sings with his heart so I feel the lyrics.
    To this day I don't mind hearing it at all, I even enjoy it. It could even be my favorite Australian entry.

So yes, I've made perfect peace with his position in the end.
    Likes  Preuss liked this post

10. Senior Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by IdaVelvet View Post
    I remember how disappointed, even angry I was when it placed high in the final since to me the song was pretty dull.
    I loved so many songs that year and wanted to see them shine and this took one of the bright spots. So unfair, I thought.
    And then a few weeks later it slowly found its ways first to my ears and then to my heart. It grew on me beautifully!
    So for me personally it's definitely not a love on the first listen kind of song, but the emotion in his voice and the elegant, 'chill' melody make a pretty listenable and calming three minutes. His voice just might be what makes it so powerful, he sings with his heart so I feel the lyrics.
    To this day I don't mind hearing it at all, I even enjoy it. It could even be my favorite Australian entry.

So yes, I've made perfect peace with his position in the end.
    His final performance was a lightyear ahead of the semi-final performance in terms of his vocals and how he handled the camera. Too unfortunate that he didn't feel comfortable enough to do the high note after the hideous failure in the semi-final!
    Likes  IdaVelvet liked this post

Indeed!
    I do think he did a great job overall. It's a shame us humans tend to remember the bad parts the most. :x
    He's young, I have high hopes for him learning from his experiences in the best way. And he sure has the talent to live up to my hopes and expectations regarding his future work.