View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll

17 8.25%

16 7.77%

16 7.77%

18 8.74%

33 16.02%

21 10.19%

18 8.74%

13 6.31%

13 6.31%

7 3.40%

34 16.50%
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast

Thread: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Lordemort View Post
    They should put Australia automatically in the final and give them a 100 point handicap, it's so unfair they have to travel so much! Amirite?
    In practice it's pretty much what's going on, and people still delude themselves that there's not an obvious bias from the juries here? EBU really want to force the idea on Australia in ESC down our throats, and now even with a bland, safe ballad that shows absolutely no emotions (good or bad) they are ranked second? Oh well...
    Likes  Realest liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Germany

Come on, the song wasn't that bad! It's fair that juries ranked it much higher than the audience because this has been an obvious jury favourite from the beginning because it's a ballad, sung by someone with a great voice, but I agree, the juries gave it TOO many points. Especially when you consider they didn't reward especially Finland and other ballads that much. Though Isaiah doesn't deserve all the hate, it's the juries bias that isn't fair.
    Likes  FilipFromSweden liked this post

Hey Mamma, hey Mamma, hey Ma-ma-ma!

4. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    Come on, the song wasn't that bad! It's fair that juries ranked it much higher than the audience because this has been an obvious jury favourite from the beginning because it's a ballad, sung by someone with a great voice, but I agree, the juries gave it TOO many points. Especially when you consider they didn't reward especially Finland and other ballads that much. Though Isaiah doesn't deserve all the hate, it's the juries bias that isn't fair.
    I for one found his song a very bland uninspired ballad, however I don't "hate" on him, but the obvious jury bias has to be pointed out because the whole Australia thing starts to become too obvious even for former deniers.

5. Junkie
    Bosnia Herzegovina

I find this much better than Dami. Sure, he was not vocally perfect at some parts, but the song is better.
    Likes  RainyWoods, midnightsun, tuorem, JonnyWest liked this post

6. Expert
    Sweden

Lee Lin Chin is probably my favorite spokesperson! She seems so fearless and joyful

Dihaj - Skeletons

7. Slightly Emotional
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by FilipFromSweden View Post
    Lee Lin Chin is probably my favorite spokesperson! She seems so fearless and joyful
    Yeah, she's the best! I hope Australia's National Final next year is hosted by Lee Lin Chin. It would make it the absolute must watch of the season. Lee is so awesome

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

8. Guru
    Brazil

i always try my best to be respectful of people's differences, but every time someone speaks ill of sound of silence, and specially when compared to this late-american-idol-winner-single mess of a song, i can't help but break into a thousand shards. =(

9. Guru
    Portugal

I think this song is better than Sound of Silence, but the performance was rather mediocre. Dami selled her song way better imo
    Likes  randajad liked this post

10. Active Member
    Portugal

I´m on Dami train here. Although I quite like Don´t Come Easy
    Likes  Eulaliya liked this post

11. Wizard
    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    i always try my best to be respectful of people's differences, but every time someone speaks ill of sound of silence, and specially when compared to this late-american-idol-winner-single mess of a song, i can't help but break into a thousand shards. =(
    Due to these opinions, I'm getting so confused everytime I'm reading some posts, when I'm having a look at this thread tbh.

No one complained about Dami being truly helped by the juries, whereas she """"only"""" placed 4th with the televoting. It seems pretty obvious that Isaiah was granted a huge amount of points in order not to end up on the bottom 5. Thus, can be considered as a successful country, even though this isn't always well-deserved when they're competing with a crappy song. 'Don't Come Easy' for instance.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková