View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll

17 8.10%

16 7.62%

18 8.57%

18 8.57%

33 15.71%

22 10.48%

18 8.57%

14 6.67%

13 6.19%

7 3.33%

34 16.19%
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

2. Veteran
    Portugal

Re: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    It's still me, don't worry

It's just that I think that it's really weird that this song never was among the televoters' favourites, considering that they voted for the similar Bulgarian entry, and it's the kind of modern stuff that everybody are used to praise nowadays... 2 points is really harsh, I think that a little bit of country bias played a role in this flop... In any case, I hope that next year Australia steps up its game again, because they don't need to send this kind of entries.
    I really think the performance was just too bland to captivate people to pick up their phones and vote for it. It's not because people thought the song was terrible, it's just thet it wasn't strong enough for people to want to pick up their phones.
    Likes  GianlucaTomoe, randajad, 94ayd liked this post

(Portugal) 12. Belgium 10. FYR Macedonia 8. Estonia 7. Greece 6. Austria 5. Italy 4. France 3. Israel 2. Latvia 1. Sweden

3. Mentor
    Portugal

Time to swap with tbh
    Likes  Gera11, randajad, Alaska49 liked this post

4. Veteran
    Sweden

People called me a "conspiracist" for pointing out the juries pro-Australia bias and the fact that the juries are pushing Australia big time in this contest... well if it wasn't obvious before, it became painfully obvious this time around... I rest my case!
    Likes  darkap, ESCada, VedatiNet, GRE, 94ayd, Realest liked this post

5. Senior Member
    Portugal

May we also take a moment to talk about Sacha Jean-Baptiste?

Georgia failed to qualify, Australia didn't captivate televoters and Armenia had a terrible placing.

Bulgaria got 2nd, and that was the simplest staging.

Ouch!

6. Amateur
    Croatia

Doesn't Australia pay big money to be in this contest? I can totally see why the juries would want to save them... But this puts Australia in a difficult position as they have to be top notch every year because if this scenario is going to happen 2-3 years in a row I can see a serious backlash happening.
    Likes  cegs5 liked this post

7. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Doesn't Australia pay big money to be in this contest? I can totally see why the juries would want to save them... But this puts Australia in a difficult position as they have to be top notch every year because if this scenario is going to happen 2-3 years in a row I can see a serious backlash happening.
    You didn't see much jury love for some of the big 5's that pay the most, so not sure this theory is valid, although certainly money is probably one of the reasons EBU couped Australia into the contest in the first place, and also juries push for a safe homogeneous Anglo-Saxic contest and Australia fits like a glove.

8. Ninja
    Bosnia Herzegovina

I am happy with their placing actually. However, I am also happy they saw how tough Eurovision can be. Being top in both televoting and jury sounds great, but it's also ok to see that at least one side of these two doesn't like your song.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

9. Amateur
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    You didn't see much jury love for some of the big 5's that pay the most, so not sure this theory is valid, although certainly money is probably one of the reasons EBU couped Australia into the contest in the first place, and also juries push for a safe homogeneous Anglo-Saxic contest and Australia fits like a glove.
    But the big 5 are constant though and I don't think any of them has plans to withdraw so the juries don't need to intervene there. I don't know, it seemed like a very greedy move from the EBU to include Australia more than once and after this year I assume they're gonna support Australia until they get some allies here. I agree with the later part of the statement.

About the song; I like this one better than Dami last year, the result is literally anti-Poland 2016. It was a truly reverse-Warholian experience.

10. Ninja
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But the big 5 are constant though and I don't think any of them has plans to withdraw so the juries don't need to intervene there. I don't know, it seemed like a very greedy move from the EBU to include Australia more than once and after this year I assume they're gonna support Australia until they get some allies here. I agree with the later part of the statement.

About the song; I like this one better than Dami last year, the result is literally anti-Poland 2016. It was a truly reverse-Warholian experience.
    Basically next year Australia is set to win the semi final and if it ends up last with the televote it will still come 5-6th overall.
    Lucky Australia

P.S
    Trying to keep one participant happy can anger 10-15 others ....... And we all know that Eurovision has been here long before Australia joined and some of It's founders won't take the BS of being unjustly eliminated year after year.
    It's a though one.

I still stand by the fact that it should have been a guest appearance with Guy Sebastian - they didn't win - not coming back the year after as it was agreed

DONE

no drama, no fuss
    Likes  A-lister, Phoenix, 94ayd liked this post

11. Veteran
    France

I literally hollered when Australia received 2 points from televoters So unexpected!

I seize this opportunity to take back half of my words: the novelty factor is officially dead as far as viewers are concerned! But of course juries were there to push it like it was the next best thing. Nothing new under the sun.

Out of all the Australian entries, "Don't Come Easy" is hands down their best effort to me because it sounds like a complete song, not a demo. Still, it seems there is a long way to go for me to support Australia because you are too damn safe guys! Couldn't you at least send something less standard or more elaborate next time? If Belgium or Bulgaria are able to send modern acts with a spark of originality, so can you.

If you're gonna be so cherished by juries, then make the most of it by sending riskier stuff.
    Likes  A-lister liked this post