View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll

17 8.25%

16 7.77%

16 7.77%

18 8.74%

33 16.02%

21 10.19%

18 8.74%

13 6.31%

13 6.31%

7 3.40%

34 16.50%
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

2. Ninja
    Estonia

Re: AUSTRALIA 2017 - Isaiah Firebrace - Don't Come Easy

terrible performance, dont deserves to be in the final... poor .. 999% saved by EBU
    Likes  Sherlock, ParadiseES, Chorizo, 94ayd liked this post

My winners: 10Germany|11Hungary|12Sweden|13Denmark|14Austria|1 5Estonia|16Ukraine

3. Junior Member
    Germany

Wasn't the jury semi1 Monday evening? If he hit the note that evening he deserved jury votes. But I haven't seen that performance.
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

4. Guru
    Portugal

My sister actually loved this one

5. Junkie
    Portugal

Australia passing because it is Australia. No more no less.

And of course, you don't want to piss off nearly an entire continent who woke up in the morning to watch the show.

But other than that, what's this doing in the final? Terrible.

I admit, I was never one for Australia joining the contest. Still have not digested well the whole "one time special becoming full-time member" thing.

But I can be reasonable. I can see why Dani Im made it last year even if the song was not my cup of tea...but you can't deny skill. Even Guy Sebastian's song had its credit.

But this? Come on :\

Must be the looks.

6. Hero
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFailurez View Post
    It's clear that EBU are aiming for Worldvision to be a thing.
    It already is, though!

Seriously though, I still don't buy into the whole 'juries are encouraged to give preferential treatment to EBU favourites' thing. Like it or not - and I'm in the 'not' category - juries have shown time and time again that they enjoy this kind of contemporary midtempo ballad stuff, regardless of where it's from.

Plus, the argument for the 'novelty' factor seems fairly worn and unconvincing, especially at this point: I honestly can't imagine anybody saying 'oh hey, I prefer other songs, but let's give my votes to this one because the country's geographically further from mine and it's only their third year!' Perhaps that argument held some small amount of merit in 2015, but it's really not that special any more, and if people are voting along those lines then I'd imagine that there are just as many scoring us down because they don't think we deserve a place in the contest (which isn't an argument I want to reignite right here and now - I'm just mentioning it as a potential factor).

Do I think we had one of the ten best performances of the first semi? Frankly, no, I don't. But I can see why we got through, and there are far more convincing reasons than 'secret Australian conspiracy'. It's a jury-bait song in a fairly weak semi; the screwy performance only counted for half the points; Isaiah's relatively attractive; the big female ballads in the first half (Georgia/Albania/Finland) seem to have cancelled each other out; etc. etc. I don't see us placing too highly in the final but I'm not surprised that we made it through the semi, even with a questionable performance.
    Likes  SwedishFailurez, Stiven liked this post

Japan WV85: A two-song mini-NF. Head over to the green room for more info!

7. Slightly Emotional
    UK

I think this deserved the final and I could handle it very well reaching the final, unlike 6 or 7 of the other songs that passed through tonight. The song isn't anything special (neither were 80% of the other songs on offer) but Isaiah's vocals were mighty fine, and he turned a mediocre song into something quite impressive and enjoyable. Actually, besides Portugal, Australia were my favourite from who did pass tonight...... and that's all you need to know really about how this final is shaping up for me. Such a massacre of the songs I enjoyed. I'm happy to see Australia pass through, even if this is not a song i'll be spamming from my itunes player.

Thank you for the memories Valentina. My Last.fm page NO, be bolder, golden light for miles.
    2017 ranking 12. Portugal 10. Albania 8. Finland 7. Montenegro 6. San Marino 5. Italy 4. Malta 3. Lithuania 2. Norway 1. Denmark
    "do you wanna into my body? oh.. this oculd be udnerstood in a wrong way" - Whiteshoes aka ShoeFlo
    "Slay me Chiara non-camp masc icon new lewk habba Zarbun" - Lavieenrose
    "Thank you for your rent risky weave didn't Raint" - Connor with some wise words for me
    "a guy in a hat... must be a kai entry" StarGazer

8. Active Member
    Australia

I got up at 4.15 am to watch this live and vote! I personally wasn't THAT impressed with Isaiah. I like the kid, he seems like a lovely lad and has a lot of talent. Beautiful voice. But it was not his best performance. Started fine but didn't wow me. And that particular high note he stuffed up on made me cringe! Hopefully he can get it together for the Grand Final.

I don't think Australia will even get Top 10 this year but to be honest, I'm not too bothered about it? Ha, how unpatriotic of me... I just think there are better entries out there. Dami Im and Guy's songs were a LOT better than this one. Oh well!

And I'm tired of the debate over whether we deserve to be in Eurovision or not. It is what it is. Us Aussies can't control it. I'm grateful to be a part of it, however long it lasts for.
    Likes  midnightsun, ZoboCamel liked this post

Belgium // Norway // Moldova // Armenia // Cyprus // FYR Macedonia // Hungary // Italy // France // Israel

9. Senior Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by blein View Post
    terrible performance
    Based on what? Missing the high note? Yeah, that was hilarious... like I wrote in another thread, he was trying too hard where it wasn't necessary. Would be less cringeworthy without that screaming. Apart from that it is a really nice song with a nice guy with an awesome voice and a terrible outfit! He totally deserves to qualify!
    Hey Mamma, hey Mamma, hey Ma-ma-ma!

10. Senior Member
    Germany

-sorry, posted twice accidently-
    Hey Mamma, hey Mamma, hey Ma-ma-ma!

11. Expert
    France

That comical moment when both Isaiah and Blanche had to suffer their failed notes in their respective recap segments
    Likes  Stiven liked this post