View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll

35 20.96%

15 8.98%

12 7.19%

14 8.38%

15 8.98%

26 15.57%

15 8.98%

10 5.99%

4 2.40%

4 2.40%

17 10.18%
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: ARMENIA 2017 - Artsvik - Fly With Me

ARMENIA 2017 - Artsvik - Fly With Me

2. Mentor
    Germany

Re: ARMENIA 2017 - Artsvik - Fly With Me

2002 was the best song even without the staging, but and were also good.
    And 2001 had no special staging to increase the song, so it was only the song that won.

3. Expert
    France

This entry was truly a masterpiece. I don't understand why it placed so low, whereas the whole performance was stunning. To my mind, I totally believed in the fact that 'Fly With Me' was mystical enough in order to do quite well and reach - at least - the top 10, apart from the staging and all of these tricks during the performance with smoke/fire...

The only flaw that I might point out regarding the choices of the Armenian delegation in regards to this performance is that they didn't decide to include the platforms that were appearing in the videoclip. Moreover, Artsvik should have worn her fancy black outfits with these 'odd' backsingers besides, which looked like warriors in some tribes with these red painting on their face...

These modifications may have appealed much more to the viewers, which would have rather been conviced to vote for her than what really did occur. Thus, I'm deeply eager to charge them with all of these aspects, even though I was utterly rooting for Armenia right from the beginning.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

4. Veteran
    France

I sincerely hope Artsvik's results won't dissuade them from sending other creative entries. Personally, I really like the modern/experimental route they've went for in the last two years. The composers Lilith and Levon Navasardyan are magicians, it feels great to hear such inspiring works within the framework of the contest. Someone has to bring art to the table afterall.

I agree with @John1 about the unsuitable result they got in Kiev. I mean I can totally understand why viewers may not get the song at first listen because it's a grower and its structure makes it challenging to appreciate fully, but the juries at least should have supported this instead of some random American relics. Last year already, I was negatively surprised they hadn't voted for Iveta as much as they should have... and I was even more disappointed this year.

From the visuals to the performance, everything was mastered and deserved to be rewarded. Honestly, I was 100% sure Armenia would have ended up in the top 10.

Similarly, Azerbaijan and Hungary have been robbed (juries-wise at least) this year despite having a strong total package. These three are my biggest question marks of the year, thankfully one of them (Hungary) still achieved a respectable placing thanks to televoting.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

5. Mentor
    Germany

6. Expert
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    I sincerely hope Artsvik's results won't dissuade them from sending other creative entries. Personally, I really like the modern/experimental route they've went for in the last two years. The composers Lilith and Levon Navasardyan are magicians, it feels great to hear such inspiring works within the framework of the contest. Someone has to bring art to the table afterall.

I agree with @John1 about the unsuitable result they got in Kiev. I mean I can totally understand why viewers may not get the song at first listen because it's a grower and its structure makes it challenging to appreciate fully, but the juries at least should have supported this instead of some random American relics. Last year already, I was negatively surprised they hadn't voted for Iveta as much as they should have... and I was even more disappointed this year.

From the visuals to the performance, everything was mastered and deserved to be rewarded. Honestly, I was 100% sure Armenia would have ended up in the top 10.

Similarly, Azerbaijan and Hungary have been robbed (juries-wise at least) this year despite having a strong total package. These three are my biggest question marks of the year, thankfully one of them (Hungary) still achieved a respectable placing thanks to televoting.
    You already solved this epic riddle. The casual ESC viewers have only the chance to hear her entry once, maybe twice when they saw her performing during the second semi-final. Nonetheless, Armenia didn't get even rewarded regarding the efforts that's been made this year in regards to the selection process nor the choice of the entry.

This is one of the biggest injustice and most unfair results which I've ever seen in a song contest (for example, The Voice... ), though the Eurofans seemed not to pay attention nor take care about this masterpiece. I might have got it wrong, but Artsvik didn't absolutely deserve to end up on the 18th place.
    Besides, I'm pretty confident about the fact that Armenia should have competed with this song back in 2016, as the stage would've fitted the overall mystical atmosphere of the song much more well. Indeed, they would've been allowed to recreate the mood in the videoclip with these backdancers(-singers) and the structure on which they were standing.

I've been really annoyed by what happened to this entry, which has literally been murdered by the televote, but... they didn't really get a chance to do well though.
    'But in the end you're standing there, you're the one who always cares.'
    -I Stand, Gabriela Gunčíková

7. Ninja
    Macedonia

Why do people say this was creative

The performance seemed like a 90's nail polish commercial.
    The song was repetitive ....... It was trying to be cool and different but it didn't come off as unique or original.

They should keep their creative approach but this one was a flat try in my opinion.
    Bigger, better, louder and more confident next year.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

8. Mentor
    Germany

We havent understood yet, that you dislike the song. I think you should write it here another 50 times.

9. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    Why do people say this was creative

The performance seemed like a 90's nail polish commercial.
    The song was repetitive ....... It was trying to be cool and different but it didn't come off as unique or original.

They should keep their creative approach but this one was a flat try in my opinion.
    Bigger, better, louder and more confident next year.
    I guess lots of ESC fans (including me) were wrongly expecting a "LoveWave" 2.0 as soon as the composers were revealed and that might have partly negatively influenced our judgment when first listening to "Fly With Me". Personally, when I tried to correct my vision of what the Navasardyans presented this time, it helped me to get fully into the song and appreciate the beauty of the concept.

To me, "LoveWave" and "Fly With Me" are the two extremes of the same spectrum: "LoveWave" is an avant-garde pop song with a welcome hint of traditional flavor whereas "Fly With Me" is a mixture of vocal works reminiscent of traditional chants accompanied by modern pop embellishments. At least, that's how I see both efforts, they don't have the same focus.

Tastes differ indeed. I thought the presentation was really great (especially the unusual colour scheme ) and relatively unexpected for that type of song.

Let's pray so that they won't send something basic/standard/formulaic/you name it next year Local talents - whether they're singers or composers - should be promoted when they have strong and divisive ideas to present to the contest.

10. Ninja
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    I guess lots of ESC fans (including me) were wrongly expecting a "LoveWave" 2.0 as soon as the composers were revealed and that might have partly negatively influenced our judgment when first listening to "Fly With Me". Personally, when I tried to correct my vision of what the Navasardyans presented this time, it helped me to get fully into the song and appreciate the beauty of the concept.

To me, "LoveWave" and "Fly With Me" are the two extremes of the same spectrum: "LoveWave" is an avant-garde pop song with a welcome hint of traditional flavor whereas "Fly With Me" is a mixture of vocal works reminiscent of traditional chants accompanied by modern pop embellishments. At least, that's how I see both efforts, they don't have the same focus.

Tastes differ indeed. I thought the presentation was really great (especially the unusual colour scheme ) and relatively unexpected for that type of song.

Let's pray so that they won't send something basic/standard/formulaic/you name it next year Local talents - whether they're singers or composers - should be promoted when they have strong and divisive ideas to present to the contest.
    They can and should switch it up.
    I believe there are other talented songwriters and producers in Armenia.... They shouldn't just use the same scheme year after year.
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it was performed I just felt slightly underwhelmed when I saw it on TV after hearing those comments form the press that Armenia invented sliced bread.
    It was rather static for such an ethnically infused song.
    Could have been a much better presentation in my opinion something like Inga and Anush would have suited FLY WITH ME a lot better.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

11. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by ESCada View Post
    They can and should switch it up.
    I believe there are other talented songwriters and producers in Armenia.... They shouldn't just use the same scheme year after year.
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it was performed I just felt slightly underwhelmed when I saw it on TV after hearing those comments form the press that Armenia invented sliced bread.
    It was rather static for such an ethnically infused song.
    Could have been a much better presentation in my opinion something like Inga and Anush would have suited FLY WITH ME a lot better.
    I agree that they shouldn't fall into the "recipe" trap. By the way, I didn't mean to keep the same composers over and over again but simply to continue on their new "experimental" path, which I find interesting personally.

I'm not sure a "Jan Jan" kind of presentation would have significantly improved the act though, not that it wouldn't have worked, but maybe it would have come across as too predictable precisely Ethno songs almost always tend to be presented with "in-your-face" ethnic props or visuals in the contest, so maybe they wanted to propose something else for a change.

But I get your point "Fly With Me" is not the new sliced bread and it sure wasn't a song for everybody. I reacted to your post to give you some more precisions about my opinion.
    Likes  ESCada liked this post