View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll

243 57.72%

44 10.45%

28 6.65%

16 3.80%

18 4.28%

13 3.09%

3 0.71%

8 1.90%

12 2.85%

6 1.43%

30 7.13%
Page 239 of 245 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2447

Thread: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

2. Legend
    Slovenia

Re: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

this would've been a perfect winner
    Likes  LesterMalvo liked this post

Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

3. Addict
    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by carl1 View Post
    Wow....
    Usually 6th place is fantastic for any country, but this surely must be the biggest flop in ESC ever?
    I mean it was crowned winner the moment it was chosen, people were talking by how many points Italy will win, 100-150 points..
    What happened?
    Yep. The amount of the hype this had... it just didn't come together.

I still love the song and it'll be on my phone for many years to come. But... did not deserve to win. The hype did not translate one bit.

4. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

This year was a very strange Eurovision, and I always felt our favourites were stranger still, so maybe I can understand how this happened. 6th is nothing to scoff at and the song brought a great happiness and warmth to the hall, and this whole Eurovision year. When you're THIS hyped though, the fall must be very hard. For weeks, months even Italy were the only option and many were expecting a landslide win, so to fall at the last hurdle is very sad and I can imagine, heartbreaking. If I could i'd place Italy right behind Portugal.

This was a quirky entry though, and I think we overestimated the power of an Italian electro-pop song, performed in Italian and with such a colourful and WTF performance. Of course we all love it, and it was a big breath of fresh air at San Remo, but I was surprised (just like with Portugal) how fans were getting behind the song so strongly.

Italy's time will come very soon. Until then, carry on with the quality entries. Even when I don't like your songs, I still can very much appreciate them and the effort you put in each year. Stay classy
    Likes  ZoboCamel liked this post

5. Ninja
    Germany

It was probably the hype that killed this song. The hype was to big - People listened to this song again and again, hundred times. Then they just got sick of it found new favourites. Sure, now somebody could say that this has nothing to do with the final outcome, but I think that this feelings/atmosphere transmitted to press people, commentators and just normal people sitting at home.
    Likes  randajad, Stiven, darkap liked this post

6. Senior Member
    Sweden

Yes, I agree.. It became a bubble so big it had to burst at some point. 6th place is not too bad anyway.
    Also, the lyrics were more important to get across than the Portuguese entry. I mean, people hear "Karma". Karma for what? Being sung in Italian might have hurt it's prospects a lot. They see some dude singing about Karma in a foreign language and dancing with a Gorilla. Portugal didn't need further inspecting, people "got" the deep-factor instantly, because there were no distractions. Italian entry was filled with distractions. That "package" didn't work!

Funny how Italy HAD the message, while Portugal WAS the message. Two different styles, a love song, a statement song, both on a journey for a mainstream-hunt. Look at my music, look at my message, look what I have to say or what I want to sing about. Music should be about something you want to say (and to quote: Music is about feeeling...).

7. Enthusiast
    Portugal

This was not the biggest flop ever by any means! It's still an amazing song and a wonderful performance. It was one of the few to really stand out.

8. Hero
    Brazil

yeah i have no idea what happened here. the juries might have killed it because of the hype, i don't know, but the televote didn't even massively back it which goes entirely against all the signs we had. it wasn't like it was an eurovision internet bubble thing, it still is the most watched eurovision-related video ever by a huge margin. we will need to come back to this way later to start to understand what happened. we need some distance.

i'm glad that, much like sergey before him, francesco is a ray of unadulterated light that is 100% unbothered by this situation. i wish him all the best things forever.
    Likes  lavieenrose, JonnyWest, Lupus, ZoboCamel liked this post

9. Active Member
    Italy

Thank GOD this edition is ENDED!!!

To be or not to be a favorite? Not to be, never again @@

Gabbani six place is delusional? Yes and No. Another TOP 10. His song is doing good in charts, he has taken what the contest could offer him, visibility. I'm watching this contest from years by and I know how things go by now and that San Marino jury will never gives 12pts to Italy even to Bocelli
    At least in this edition juries and televote were almost allined, and sincronized on the winner.

Congratulation to Portugal! I did't have a favorite song this year but I'm happy for you!

10. Guru
    Latvia

I think people haven't understood the message of the song and the language has played a significant role in that.

11. Active Member
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Geborgenheit View Post
    I think people haven't understood the message of the song and the language has played a significant role in that.
    That's one of the point, the second is O'sK, like in Sanremo, needs 2-3 listening before the catchy tune became's a mantra, at first listening everybody focus just on the gorilla dancing, non getting at all the meaning.
    Likes  Geborgenheit liked this post