View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll

243 57.72%

44 10.45%

28 6.65%

16 3.80%

18 4.28%

13 3.09%

3 0.71%

8 1.90%

12 2.85%

6 1.43%

30 7.13%
Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

2. Mentor
    Brazil

Re: ITALY 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    It's like for Sweden fans would like to prefer for ESC the Svensktoppen nästa winner instead of the Melodifestivalen winner.
    first of all lol no it is not stop your false equivalencies

second of all i would love that if the svensktoppen nasta winner was better than the melfest winner and so wpuld most people because a good entry is more important than the way it was chosen

third of all sanremo has sent the newcomer winner before and some decades ago they didn't even pick their entries from sanremo so you have no leg to stand on

3. Junkie
    Italy

The matter is simplier than you think. In the first years after the return, when most of the labels were skeptical about ESC, RAI didn't have much choice regarding ESC, so they had to rely on the few whose labels agreed to participate. In 2011 it was just Gualazzi and another newcomer whose labels had given their availability. But now, there's no reason for RAI to make an "internal" choice among the participants, as they adopted the principle of following the final Sanremo's ranking, when it comes to choose the ESC-entry, and the labels now aren't skeptical about ESC anymore, so they don't have any problem in sending their acts.

4. Expert
    Italy

Why would we need to send a newcomer when we already have a lot of established artists who want to go to ESC (and it's true, since they said it to the press many times)?
    Picking from 2 baskets is usually better than picking from just 1.
    It's not about this year, of course, because I'm happy we had Francesca.
    But consider if Italy had returned 1 year earlier, in 2010. Picking from newcomers we could have chosen Nina Zilli with "L'uomo che amava le donne", which would have been an amazing entry. Better than anything else from the Campioni category that year.

5. Junkie
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Picking from 2 baskets is usually better than picking from just 1.
    It's not about this year, of course, because I'm happy we had Francesca.
    But consider if Italy had returned 1 year earlier, in 2010. Picking from newcomers we could have chosen Nina Zilli with "L'uomo che amava le donne", which would have been an amazing entry. Better than anything else from the Campioni category that year.
    Yes true but she is female so now Gianluca cant argue with you anymore :-(
    Likes  DiabloRoma liked this post

6. Veteran
    Italy

Also: we should choose a song and not only an artist. For this reason a newcomer is welcomed to participate. In recent years the songs of the newcomers section have been definitely better than the majority of the entries from the big section.

The only problem in Italy is that we need famous/established artists to reach a wide audience and have good ratings (and our delegation, in these years, picked well known artists with a big fanbase to create hype and interest around the Eurovision). With a newcomer for sure we won't have quite 4 millions of viewers.
    Likes  Alaska49 liked this post

"Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)

7. Mentor
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Krishoes View Post
    The only problem in Italy is that we need famous/established artists to reach a wide audience and have good ratings (and our delegation, in these years, picked well known artists with a big fanbase to create hype and interest around the Eurovision). With a newcomer for sure we won't have quite 4 millions of viewers.
    oh this is a very good point actually. see, good arguments can actually convince other people!

but i wonder if rai hasn't already established eurovision enough with italian viewers that they can take some risks to win (if they even want to; there seems to be a consensus about rai still not having any interest in hosting eurovision and i'm not sure if i believe it)? 4 million viewers in italy is a lot, surely it's not just their big name bringing them in?

8. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    but i wonder if rai hasn't already established eurovision enough with italian viewers that they can take some risks to win (if they even want to; there seems to be a consensus about rai still not having any interest in hosting eurovision and i'm not sure if i believe it)?
    If Rai doesn't want to win we wouldn't choose the artists we choose and we wouldn't have the final moved from the second to the first channel. So: don't believe it. The fact we don't want to organize the contest is an old lie. Times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    4 million viewers in italy is a lot, surely it's not just their big name bringing them in?
    The name is a part of the success. When we entered Marco or Emma the ratings were not so high even if they are the most successful artists at the moment (together with Alessandra Amoroso) in Italy. Things have changed with Il Volo and the fact many people knew that we had a chance to win the contest. I can also say that Conchita has been a good way to make Eurovision known in Italy.

This year we had Francesca Michielin. I love her but for sure she is not a top seller and we hadn't the hype like in 2015 but although that, ratings have increased a little bit. Maybe Eurovision actually became a thing in our nation as well. I could assure it next year, with a third year with good ratings in a row.
    Likes  Alaska49 liked this post

"Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)

9. Ninja
    England

I agree,RAI would like to win/host,and they have been sending fantastic artists,i just dont think they know how to win yet.I think Sanremo is amazing,but i do think what you need to win a SR arent what you need to win an ESC.The problem is artists who win SR simply dont have time to change the song mostly.Not knowing who is getting the ticket means they are only looking at SR to win,then worry about ESC.
    Francesca had some of the best contemporary song writers in Italy on her team,yet they didnt change the song.I still think that was a huge mistake.

10. Junkie
    Italy

Yes but WHY are these things relatable only to Italy and not to the other countries as well???

11. Legend
    Portugal

Yes but WHY are these things relatable only to Italy and not to the other countries as well???
    Because the NF of other countries have selecting the eurovision entry as the primary objective
    Likes  Alaska49, Krishoes, hunty73 liked this post