View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll

243 57.72%

44 10.45%

28 6.65%

16 3.80%

18 4.28%

13 3.09%

3 0.71%

8 1.90%

12 2.85%

6 1.43%

30 7.13%
Page 3 of 245 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

2. Senior Member
    Italy

Re: ITALY 2017

Quote Originally Posted by hunty73 View Post
    Will Alessandra Amoroso risk Sanremo?.The juries clearly vote against acts from "Friends" and she doesnt need Sanremo.Might she be tempted though?."Comunque andare" is a very strong return and she is back to her best for me.With her big family and the right song she might be able to smash the televote enough to win without strong jury support.

Malika might be back and be a jury darling again.She is also capable of doing strong televote songs as "Senza Fare Sul Serio" proved.Can she keep the jury onside though if she takes a televote song?.Probably yes, and if she did the win might be in reach,rather than the podium.Ironic when i saw Jamala at ESC i said her delivery is almost as good as Malika Ayane's,but not quite,Malika is stunning live.Another "Adesso e qui (Nostalgico presente)" would smash the jury again,but she needs the televote she never gets so might have to risk something more like Sul Serio.World class artist.

Chiara might be back as well.She has been a bit quiet lately,but with a lot of contemporary acts out of the way this year she might have a nice niche next year.She doesnt get the publicity she deserves,but i rate her very highly.She is capable of jury and televote with the right song.

Might we see Laura Pausini or Marco Carta? ,Warner are low on quality acts to send so they might be in the mix.

Could we also get a big rap star? Baby K or Fedez?,or even J-AX?,

The question for me is who is Federica Abbate going to write for.?,.The other song writers il be watching for are Giovanni Caccamo and Alessandra Flora (Malika?).Now id love a song wrote by those three together).
    Alessandra Amoroso gets rumoured every year - she still hasn't made it to the Festival. And no, she wouldn't get any of the Amici-hate - she managed to get out of that zone.

Malika... well, there are 3 names there: Malika, Gualazzi and Caccamo. I guess one of them will be in Sanremo again.

Chiara was rumoured this year, but she had another issue - don't remember which one.

Laura Pausini? Nah, I doubt she'll ever get back in the competition. Carta? Gosh, I do hope he stays away from the winning zone if he gets back (there's only one Italian artist I can't stand more than him)

Rap: I find Baby K more likely...

In addition, I'd bet about 2 veterans + a rising name. It'll be quite another hard choice for Conti. And it all depends on the songs.

There's so much time to September (usual confirmation month) and December (usual Sanremo's participants announcement).

Closing: 95% Sanremo, 5% internal selection in my opinion (that 5% includes Pausini or Ferro or Negramaro or some big one else).

3. Ninja
    England

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloRoma View Post
    Alessandra Amoroso gets rumoured every year - she still hasn't made it to the Festival. And no, she wouldn't get any of the Amici-hate - she managed to get out of that zone.

Malika... well, there are 3 names there: Malika, Gualazzi and Caccamo. I guess one of them will be in Sanremo again.

Chiara was rumoured this year, but she had another issue - don't remember which one.

Laura Pausini? Nah, I doubt she'll ever get back in the competition. Carta? Gosh, I do hope he stays away from the winning zone if he gets back (there's only one Italian artist I can't stand more than him)

Rap: I find Baby K more likely...

In addition, I'd bet about 2 veterans + a rising name. It'll be quite another hard choice for Conti. And it all depends on the songs.

There's so much time to September (usual confirmation month) and December (usual Sanremo's participants announcement).

Closing: 95% Sanremo, 5% internal selection in my opinion (that 5% includes Pausini or Ferro or Negramaro or some big one else).
    Yes we will just have to wait and see, though this years jury were very biased against Amici artists.I agree with you on Carta and Pausini, but who do Warner have?.Baby K with a Federica Abbate song would interest Conti i would think,though Federica might prefer to try to enter with something more mainstream.
    Like you say Conti might have a tough job this time.The rumours wont take long to start

4. Expert
    Italy

Will Alessandra Amoroso risk Sanremo?.The juries clearly vote against acts from "Friends" and she doesnt need Sanremo.Might she be tempted though?."Comunque andare" is a very strong return and she is back to her best for me.With her big family and the right song she might be able to smash the televote enough to win without strong jury support.
    I don't know her so much, but if juries didn't prevent Carta, Scanu and Marrone from winning, then she could have a chance too.

Might we see Laura Pausini or Marco Carta? ,Warner are low on quality acts to send so they might be in the mix.
    I don't think we'll ever see Pausini in Sanremo as contestant again. In february it's summer in South America, so she's more likely to make a tour there than bother with Sanremo.

Could we also get a big rap star? Baby K or Fedez?,or even J-AX?,
    Baby K, I like her songs, but she's a terrible singer live. The only other rapper I'd like is Caparezza, but the charm of his songs is in the lyrics so there would be a language barrier for him on the Eurovision stage, unless he wins Sanremo first and then he writes something new in english.

The question for me is who is Federica Abbate going to write for.?,.The other song writers il be watching for are Giovanni Caccamo and Alessandra Flora (Malika?).Now id love a song wrote by those three together).
    I also watch out for Roberto Casalino. He wrote "Per sempre" for Nina Zilli, "L'essenziale" for Mengoni, "Diamante lei e luce lui" for Annalisa Scarrone and "Distratto" for Francesca Michielin.

5. Ninja
    England

Yes Baby K is pretty poor live isnt she,always breathy,shed need 50 backing singers .Abbate might prefer to write something for someone with a voice.

Casalino is a superb writer.Just those four songs you put up,all Italian pop/music at its best.I wish he was still writing for Nali.

I think your all right on Pausini not entering a SR again,but who do you think Warner have who they might like to push next year?,

6. Veteran
    Italy

I think that for 2017 we could go internal again...
    "Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)

7. Expert
    Italy

but who do you think Warner have who they might like to push next year?,
    Looking at their artists list, and excluding those who already partecipated in 2016, I'd say: Simona Molinari, Nek, Paola Turci, Renzo Rubino. And Vinicio Capossela or Baustelle as surprise contestants.
    Likes  hunty73 liked this post

8. Legend
    Serbia

MARCO MENGONI please take part and win!!
    Som ett norrsken på himlen
    Som en ton ifrån änglarna.....

9. Veteran
    Italy

I'm ready to start a petition for choosing Immanuel xhat

10. Ninja
    England

Are there rumours in Italy that Maria De Filippi might be a presenter at SR with Conti?.Seems unlikely,but it would make very interesting viewing

11. Veteran
    Italy

Are there rumours in Italy that Maria De Filippi might be a presenter at SR with Conti?.Seems unlikely,but it would make very interesting viewing
    Not yet, it's too early
    "Kris, you're a homosexual so I'll send you The Essential Barbara Streisand collection." (cit. RainyWoods)