View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
420. You may not vote on this poll

243 57.86%

44 10.48%

27 6.43%

16 3.81%

18 4.29%

13 3.10%

3 0.71%

8 1.90%

12 2.86%

6 1.43%

30 7.14%
Page 244 of 245 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2446

Thread: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

2. WorldVision Mod
    Romania

Re: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

3. Legend
    Spain

Every time a clear favourite fails in the last momento and doesn't even come close to win will be forever called "doing a Francesco Gabbani", just like when a fave flops in the semifinal is "doing a Kate Ryan".
    Likes  Gera11, GRE, Pawhlen liked this post

1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

4. Active Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by escYOUnited View Post

I didn't really like the song, but that's really mean.

5. Addict
    Italy

Likes  oxy333 liked this post

6. Active Member
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ES2011 View Post
    As much as it pains me to say this, it might have been the Italian language this time that killed it.
    I mean most of us agreed that it's a great cheerful and uplifting song which is qualitatively good and very catchy, but it got it's super status by it's message which tied in the staging perfectly.
    But as much as we like to delve into the meaning of Eurovision songs, 99% of the voters do not have the time, interest or patience to do the same.
    I'm sure that every broadcaster gave one line to the message of the song, but if I look at my family and friends during Eurovision, nobody is listening or nobody cares.
    What they than see is an Italian man singing Italian gibberish with a dancing ape that comes out of nowhere and has no place on the stage.
    Combine that with the problems mentioned earlier and you have barely top 10 result left.
    You have a point there.

I would add that like for example France - Amir last year who did much better in polls compared to results, people assume that what will do well in ESC is a positive, happy-go-lucky song, when these days it seems it's the more serious, honest and sincere that people gravitate to.

There's also the rasping singing voice that might be an acquired taste for some, at least it's like that for me and several others I know.

7. Senior Member
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You have a point there.

I would add that like for example France - Amir last year who did much better in polls compared to results, people assume that what will do well in ESC is a positive, happy-go-lucky song, when these days it seems it's the more serious, honest and sincere that people gravitate to.
    I think it's a contra-movement against what Sobral so eloquently called: "disposable fast-food music without content or feeling".I actually like his message more than Conchita's
    If I turn on my radio, I only hear an EDM song with a remix of some sort with some random female guest singer.
    I never hated EDM or "boom boom" music as long as it was dosed. But now there is nothing else.
    For me it's becoming more and more difficult to find music I actually enjoy and makes me feel something.
    But an uptempo or uplifting song can also make you feel something, which Occidentali's Karma did for me. However, it did not translate to the stage however.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    There's also the rasping singing voice that might be an acquired taste for some, at least it's like that for me and several others I know.
    I think it was more that he just did not song well. Just look at his Samremo and Eurovision final performance and see how much better he was at Sanremo.
    Likes  Ezio liked this post

2017: 1. Italy 2. Bulgaria 3. Finland 4. Belgium 5. Azerbaijan 6. Latvia 7. France 8. Iceland 9. Belarus 10. Austria

8. Junkie
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
    I didn't really like the song, but that's really mean.
    I think you quoted the wrong post

9. Enthusiast
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by lorens View Post
    Hahah same here... what makes me super pissed is not the fact that Italy came 6th, but that Robin did better than Francesco. I will not get over that fact anytime soon. What the eff, juries?!
    If I've understood things right, I don't think Francesco's final jury performance went well. He was nervous, sweating and his vocals were quiet off. Wiwibloggs mentioned that the Italian delegation also looked rather desperate, perhaps because of Portugal beating Italy in the odds the night before the Grand Final. They didn't even see him in their top 5 anymore. No matter how much I hate our entry, Robin's vocals in his final jury performance did sound pretty spot on in comparison to the way they sounded in the first semi-final. Similar to how Demy's semi-final performance for the jury made them rank her lower.

10. Active Member
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by sucof View Post

"che tu sia maledetto!"

11. Active Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by GianlucaTomoe View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong post
    Yes, I know. It should have been related to the "Do a Gabbani"-post.