View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
420. You may not vote on this poll

243 57.86%

44 10.48%

27 6.43%

16 3.81%

18 4.29%

13 3.10%

3 0.71%

8 1.90%

12 2.86%

6 1.43%

30 7.14%
Page 243 of 245 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2446

Thread: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

Re: ITALY 2017 - Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma

Quote Originally Posted by lorens View Post
    Hahah same here... what makes me super pissed is not the fact that Italy came 6th, but that Robin did better than Francesco. I will not get over that fact anytime soon. What the eff, juries?!
    They finished 5th last year with a worse song than that so I don't know why you're surprised.
    Likes  oxy333 liked this post

3. Wizard
    Denmark

I don't understand why Italy came 6th and not 3ed either. However some people here in Denmark don't understand how Portugal could win Denmark gave Portugal 5 points in the tele-voting And some people can't understand why Denmark nearly didn't qualified for the final ............ so Everything like usual here... and that means of coarse Italy wins in Lisbon and Denmark flops again which will be jet another surprise for us Danes only
    FIN:
    F, BG, IL, SE, EST, D, IRE, CYP, DK, A

4. Junior Member
    Portugal

Occidentali's Karma was my favourite song of this Eurovision edition. I was supporting Portugal because it's my country and I really loved the music, but I also would be incredibly happy is Italy won. However, the truth is that the live performance was really disappointing... it just had to much crap happening on stage. The Reno's performance was great because the focus was on Francesco and the music, but the stage in the finals looked too goofy, and I think that was what turn people off. Also, the Eurovision version of the song killed the song (in my opinion), it had way too much chorus for the leght of the song (and the volume of the voice was too loud).

Anyway, I think he should have been 2nd, I love the music, have it on my phone and I'll be hearing it for a very long time.

Good job Italy!
    Likes  EuroEccentric liked this post

5. Active Member
    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by ES2011 View Post

I can understand that it landed behind and even Memelords , but and ? Really? I mean seriously?
    I know, Italy should of finished in the top 5, hark back to the what I said about the standard was deceptive this year. I don't think sweden or belgium (because the song was not as good live plus blanche was as not comfortable on stage) should of finished in the top five or top six. where they finished relative to Flashlight for poland or Requiem for france it appears like it is justified. those songs finished where they are because and not because of the public though..

6. Active Member
    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by EscTurkey View Post
    Did you check the dislikes in the Portuguese video? If you haven't, let me tell you: 20k
    It's obviously a love-hate song.
    The people who love it had it in their 1st place, but the people who hated it had it at their 42th (like me)
    And for me, a song that thousands of people put in their 42th isn't worth winning.
    This will remain the most forgettable winner of the decade.
    Even below Azerbaijan.
    El and Nikki is actually one of the most memorable for me, I only really started watching eurovision in 2007, I think you have a massive point though. could some of those 20k be russians who are jealous?

7. Junkie
    Austria

Just rewatched the Eurovision performance. Unfortunately, it was much less pleasant than San Remo or the music video. He was like a fidgeting fish out of the water on stage, missing many notes. The background choir did not help him a lot neither, the backdrop was all over the place. The most enjoyable thing was the Gorilla, which was hilarious.

Italy threw away a golden opportunity.
    The most emotional winners of all time
    2017 1982 2014 1995 2015

8. Veteran
    Finland

I want to highlight the intachable behaviour of Francesco during the whole Eurovision season, especially those last days in Kyiv. He's sucha a professional and charming artist, never took for granted his winning but always grateful for the good reviews. I was never a fan of his song neither the staging, but I kudos for his humble attitude during the competition.

Unfortunately for him, I think he was poorly advised. I found the Italian stage trying too hard, messy and cliché. What was the reason behind the rainbow ribbons? Who thought that could be a good idea? Maybe I missed the meaning of it, but as viewer it appeal to me like a desperate way to catch LGTBi votes or a pro LGBTi statement... perhaps the intention was different but that's how many viewers might have got it.

In any case, Francesco will remain as one of the most charismatic Eurovision artists, sixth place is not bad at all for such an entry... seeing it from the perspective of someone who was never into Occidentali's Karma and its gorilla.
    Likes  Neo liked this post

9. Guru
    Japan

If someone said here 1 month ago that Moldova would place higher than Italy, nobody would have believed.
    Likes  Jay25 liked this post

10. Active Member
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by EscTurkey View Post
    If someone said here 1 month ago that Moldova would place higher than Italy, nobody would have believed.
    Oh, no, in ESC we know that is possible everything and the contrary of everything

11. Veteran
    Belgium

I'm quite disappointed with the 6th place he got. The song is really cool and catchy. I thought he would be at least in the top 3.