6 3.75%

16 10.00%
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: ALBANIA 2017 - Lindita Halimi - World

ALBANIA 2017 - Lindita Halimi - World

2. Ninja
    England

Re: ALBANIA 2017

Fik is a highlight of ESC season and the Christmas period for me.There is something very special about a cold UK December night streaming Albania's finest into my living room.
    The problem for the last few years are the re-vamps.They seem to wash away all the ethnic elements and end up with something sterile.I do agree however that Kenga Magike is perhaps a stronger way to select.This probably comes down to the songs artists take to Fik though due to the viewer demographics and the jury.Its very similar to Sanremo in that Italian artists take songs to try to win the festival,ESC is worried about afterwards.
    Perhaps the answer is that Fik retains its charm and authentic feel,but the producers try to inject more contemporary songs that would be seen on Kenga Magike into the line up.
    Likes  lavieenrose, RainyWoods, Mrm liked this post

3. Veteran
    Italy

4. Legend
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by hunty73 View Post
    Fik is a highlight of ESC season and the Christmas period for me.There is something very special about a cold UK December night streaming Albania's finest into my living room.
    The problem for the last few years are the re-vamps.They seem to wash away all the ethnic elements and end up with something sterile.I do agree however that Kenga Magike is perhaps a stronger way to select.This probably comes down to the songs artists take to Fik though due to the viewer demographics and the jury.Its very similar to Sanremo in that Italian artists take songs to try to win the festival,ESC is worried about afterwards.
    Perhaps the answer is that Fik retains its charm and authentic feel,but the producers try to inject more contemporary songs that would be seen on Kenga Magike into the line up.
    Oh hunty, this sounds like some fairytale..
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

Som ett norrsken på himlen
    Som en ton ifrån änglarna.....

5. Senior Member
    UK

Albania would do like 10x better if they stopped revamping songs. They always sound weak and watered down when translated to english. This year was a prime example. Perralle was powerful and had potential to score highly in the final, fairytale was weak, dull, lifeless and deserved last in the semis.

6. Veteran
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    Albania would do like 10x better if they stopped revamping songs. They always sound weak and watered down when translated to english. This year was a prime example. Perralle was powerful and had potential to score highly in the final, fairytale was weak, dull, lifeless and deserved last in the semis.
    But "I'm alive" was much more competitive than "Diell"
    "Carry Me In Your Dreams" was much more competitive than in English (As It's All About You)

7. Legend
    Portugal

I guess it goes both ways, it can help and it can hinder. The 2014 entry's revamp was very weak as well, for example.

8. Enthusiast
    Kosovo

Rumor has it they are trying to get Era Istrefi to compete next year...

9. Legend
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by blartashura View Post
    Rumor has it they are trying to get Era Istrefi to compete next year...
    She'd do very well for Albania but for my selfish sake please let it stay just a rumor...
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

10. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    She'd do very well for Albania but for my selfish sake please let it stay just a rumor...
    Yeah she is good in a studio but live she is awful:

I would prefer it if she is the writer and the composer since those two things are her strong points.

11. Addict
    Spain

Wut ? Era Istrefi is albanian ??? I would never have guessed that ! That is a little suprise to me now, actually. Anyway, yes if they would send her, Albania could get a really good place.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast