Sweden

Re: ALBANIA 2017

Quote Originally Posted by blartashura View Post
    ^I am affraid they wont sadly
    Not even if it was internally chosen?

3. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Well for starters they're using the wrong song contest to pick their song. Kenga Magike is so much more modern and upscale. Just look at some of the songs from the contest, as well as the stage and then compare it to FiK.

Many people like FiK for various reasons, but they should really go for something more up to date. I feel like Elhaidas eurovision song last year was a step in the right direction, but even that wasn't chosen at FiK. I play Albania in a contest of the forum, and I was surprised by how much good music they actually have there.

WV Western USA
    Kat Graham - Power
    NSC Solentoya
    Maya Berović - Alkohol

4. Enthusiast
    Kosovo

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Not even if it was internally chosen?
    In that case I don't know, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

5. Legend
    United States

#KeepAlbaniaWeird
    Likes  RainyWoods liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

6. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    #KeepAlbaniaWeird
    *cut*
    Well FiK does occasionally get some potentially good songs come through. I don't think Mė rrembe is weird at all and had potential to be a great ESC entry had it been chosen and if Albania gave it a good revamp. S’tė fal is ofc another example. But by and large FiK is a massively dated wreck.
    Likes  blartashura liked this post

WV Western USA
    Kat Graham - Power
    NSC Solentoya
    Maya Berović - Alkohol

7. Enthusiast
    Kosovo

Anyway so far Korab Shaqiri a Kosovo singer/song writer has mentioned he is going to compete this year at Fik.Not sure if he's going to compete as a singer or as a composer( or he'll change his mind and don't compete at all ). Here are some of his songs.

8. Senior Member
    UK

All I want to say is - Albania, please don't translate into English again. It really killed Eneda's great song. Stick to Albanian, it sounds great!
    Likes  lavieenrose, NikkiBoy, A-lister, CaraMia liked this post

9. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Albania is my favourite ESC country and I personally (perhaps selfishly) want them to remain as they are. I've got nothing against them sending pop numbers though. In fact, i'd really like them to send another elecropop number. I think festivali i kenges is a very special national final though and it would break my heart if they were to stop it. I can see why many people don't find it interesting but for me it's always my must watch of the ESC season. I adore it. Grand, melodically interesting songs, bursting with emotion. I want Albania to carry on being a special and daring country, with perhaps some pop treats scattered in between.

What they do need to do though is go easy on the revamps. I don't think they realized how impactful "Pėrrallė" was in it's original version. It's a shame how they annihilated any chances they may have had this year. Also i'll never forget the loss of the potential ESC winner that was Lindita Halimi's "S'tė fal". Albania have done enough right over the years though that I forgive them

Anyway, Rezarta Smaja please next year Come on! My body is ready.

10. Legend
    United States

WARNING REZARTA SMAJA APPRECIATION POST INCOMING WEEEOOOOOOWEEEOOOOWEEEEOOOOOWEEEEOOOO

Rezarta Smaja is one of the most uniquely talented individuals across the entire European continent, heck, in the world. It'd be an absolute dream for her to go to Eurovision, and for some strange reason, we're blessed with it being an absolute dream of hers as well. Four consecutive years she's presented fascinating songs, and she hasn't quite been able to make it a reality.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0ExMtcstc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjYewqXRDY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iw7LGd-9LM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfApjnfwPc4
    The problem, as I see it, is that she gets nervous and buckles a little in the final night. I just watched her final performances from each of her first three years, and there were some flaws brought about by things that can be chalked up most likely to nerves - the woman has a set of pipes on her as shown by her semi performances but can't ever connect on the all-important 3rd night of FiK. The fourth featured someone off of whom she could play, and not coincidentally, we got her best 3rd night performance of the four and her best result. She's almost there; we fans of hers can just about taste it. Bring it on home this year, Quen of the Albania!
    Likes  Lupus, RainyWoods, theCONWEL liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

11. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    [B][SIZE=5]
    The problem, as I see it, is that she gets nervous and buckles a little in the final night. I just watched her final performances from each of her first three years, and there were some flaws brought about by things that can be chalked up most likely to nerves - the woman has a set of pipes on her as shown by her semi performances but can't ever connect on the all-important 3rd night of FiK.
    Maybe they should just cancel FiK and select her internally?
    | WV's Lord President of |
    On a one man mission to sabotage the Netherlands' chances of winning Eurovision by giving it 3/10 on the ESCUnited poll
    "Mean and attention seeker attitude" | "He just seems like a hater" | "He sounded like Bruce Forsyth" | "disqualify’s Robert UK as an expert" | "Robert dont have a hart" [sic] | "Looking like an overgrown munchkin"

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast