Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race

1. Ninja
    France

RuPaul's Drag Race

I've been searching about this marvelous show but the topic doesn't exist ! What the hell !?

What is that ?

RuPaul is a famous Drag queen who own his show. The goal is the same kind as in Top Chef : you have 12 to 14 Drag queens that have to impress judges with many challenges, each episodes one gets eliminated till the top 3 where RuPaul crowns the "next drag superstar", no votes from viewers only judges decide the fate of the queens. The format is 40min episodes + 20min of "Untucked" (backstage talking). The main challenges are different : sometimes they'll have to act, to do a comedy stand up, a broadway-like singing, dance and lipsync, sewing challenges or a parody of "match game". You also find mini challenges that are mostly ridiculous and funny : do the make up with no lights and mirrors at all, transform into "old drag". The two worst queens of the week have to lipsync again each other where RuPaul decides which one gets to stay, the other one will "Sashay Away" = leave the competition.

RPDR is one of the shows that have rating figures that increases each season, gain more and more fans each year with an active fanbase. A brand new season (season 8) is debuting on early March this year, it's one of the most discussed show on tumblr due to the extreme amount of gifs made from the show.
    I'm a true fan of the show because it's simply very effective, well written, well made, and absolutely funny. That's a melting pot of pop culture and it takes a twist of what we think about drag queen (campy stuff) and shows us that's not only camp but sometimes a true visual art.

The new cast of next season with a 50/60's theme :

Any other fans around the ESC village ?
    Likes  Gera11, lavieenrose, Nikkita liked this post

2. Legend
    United States

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Yes indeed! I stopped watching after last season because of the prolonged survival of Violet Chachki and Miss Fame* over far more interesting and talented queens like Max, Katya, and Mrs. Kasha Davis, but there are some queens I actually know of in this bunch, so I'm definitely going to give it another chance, especially if it means watching with my dear ones here at ESCUnited!

*I understand that these two are fan favorites here. Sorry that your faves suck.
    12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

3. Wizard
    Barbados

My favourite queens are Darienne, Shannel, Manila, Tatianna, Shangela, Alyssa, Miss Fame, Laganja and Courtney.

My predictions, based on Meet The Queens...

12 Naysha Lopez
    11 Cynthia Lee Fontaine
    10 Chi Chi DeVayne
    9 Kim Chi
    8 Bob The Drag Queen
    7 Robbie Turner
    6 Naomi Smalls
    5 Thorgy Thor
    4 Laila McQueen
    --
    3 Dax Exclamationpoint
    2 Derrick Barry
    1 Acid Betty

4. Ninja
    France

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    *I understand that these two are fan favorites here. Sorry that your faves suck.
    I never liked Miss Fame that much but Violet had a bitch edit in the early episodes then she had a "bitch but very nice inside edit", My faves were Trixie Mattel and Katya last season. This year i'm rooting for Bob The Drag Queen, Kim Chi (Trixie's BFF), Derrick Barry, Acid Betty... Well almost everybody except Chi Chi, Naomi and Robbie.

5. Junkie
    Sweden

I prefer Rand Paul's presidential race.
    Likes  Salmon liked this post

You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs

6. Mentor
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    I stopped watching after last season because of the prolonged survival of Violet Chachki and Miss Fame*

Violet Chachki and Miss Fame were both such horrible queens! (Mrs. Kasha Davis deserved so much more than these two)

but anyway I honestly cannot wait for the next season! I am rooting so hard for Bob The Drag Queen, Kim Chi, Acid Betty and Naomi Smalls! It is gonna be a great season
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

7. Legend
    Sweden

I don't know if it my gayness or what it is but I LOVE Drag Race.

I started watching from the 5th season, but has now watched all seasons of it and I can't wait for the 8th to starts, seems like a really cool line-up this time!
    It has been some amazing gurls in the race. The ones I really liked during the editions are for example Raven, Raja, Jinx Monsoon, Latrice Royal and especially Bianca Del Rio. Many of you hated Violet I see, well I didn't like her at first either, but she was the one that really brought something extra each week in a pretty weak edition (which I still thought was okay, but 5 and 6 was so strong comparing to it).
    Likes  lavieenrose, popavapeur liked this post

8. Legend
    United States

I have a favorite already

Likes  Adrian liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

9. Ninja
    Turkey

Rupaul's Drag Race is my FAVOURITE show in US ever. It helped me during a dark,depressive era and it gave me a new reason to live, which is being a (bio) drag queen I'm watching it since S4 and i admit that S7 was a disappointment (sorry Violet but the real winner was Katya) but it's a new season so i'm hopeful! I can't say something based on meet the queens videos, however i'm really excited to see what Acid Betty, Bob, Kim Chi, Derrick and Thorgy can bring.
    Likes  lavieenrose, Schlagerman1 liked this post

10. Legend
    United States

Likes  Carrie, Schlagerman1 liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast