Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kosovo on Eurovision

1. FSC Mod
    South Africa

Re: Kosovo on Eurovision

Quote Originally Posted by Gera11 View Post
    This. You sir won this thread.
    PS: are you studying law?
    No, but I have read a lot about the situation in Kosovo, and other partially recognised and unrecognised countries, and what it would take for them to become real countries.
    Likes  Stiven, Gera11 liked this post

2. Wizard
    Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Yes, that is all true. It may not be fair to the people of Kosovo, but that's the way it works.
    Say that to

Truthfully, law only holds meaning for as long as people want it to. The same applies to rules.

3. Super Moderator
    Serbia

This topic is totally pointless. As it was said already, it will probably never happen, especially not in a near future, so people just have to accept that Kosovo is taking part as a part of Serbia.

The thread opener obviously wants to provoke a bit, but good thing is that we are falling on those tricks anymore.
    Likes  PamSwynford liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

4. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    By international law, all previous cases of UDI that happened before Kosovo were not recognised.
    Really? Go tell that to the United States or Israel Both became independent of the United Kingdom after a UDI.

Or if you want something a bit closer to Kosovo, Croatia and Slovenia both became independent in 1991 after UDI, and both were and are recognised by the international community.

And in 2010, the International Court of Justice ruled that UDI's are acceptable in international law.

5. Banned
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    This topic is totally pointless. As it was said already, it will probably never happen, especially not in a near future, so people just have to accept that Kosovo is taking part as a part of Serbia.

The thread opener obviously wants to provoke a bit, but good thing is that we are falling on those tricks anymore.
    Kosovo is independet by 108 countrys in the world + EX YU countries (No Bosnia)

6. Legend
    UK

Croatia participated at Eurovision for 2 years before it was recognised as independent by Yugoslavia. If Croatia can have something, why can't Kosovo?

Kosovo has participated in Eurovision Young Dancers alongside Serbia. And if you look at other international events, Kosovo is going to participate in the Olympics for the first time this year, and Serbia will be there. China and Taiwan participate in the Olympics together, and so on.

If Kosovo wants to join Eurovision Song Contest, there is no way they could be prevented from doing so.
    Likes  Carrie liked this post

7. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Kosovo is not a country, deal with it. And comparing Croatia to Kosovo is like comparing Norway to South Ossetia. Indeed, some anti-Serbian lobbies have been successful and we were seeing them in some international events, but that still doesn't change the fact.

Eurovision is the subject here, and the fact is that you will not see Kosovo there, just like you will not see it in organizations like UNESCO, so this topic is totally pointless and if other mods agree, I will lock it because it has no productive nature, it is made to spread anti-Serbian propaganda, and that is something that will simply not be allowed.

As for you agent, I can say it was a good effort to stir up the pots, but you will have to find something else I'm afraid.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

8. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

As far as I can see, the only efforts to stir anything up in this thread are your own. It is a personally reasonable (although theoretical) discussion to have. I really hate the idea that everything is somehow propelled by 'anti-Serbian lobbies and propaganda' and that sounds like conspiracy to me.

As for my opinion: For now I think Kosovo shouldn't participate. Not only is it not part of the EBU, it is a political minefield to introduce a partially recognised state into the contest. Once it gains full recognition (and I believe this will eventually happen), then it would be welcomed
    Likes  MyHeartIsYours, ZoboCamel liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is GMT.

9. Banned
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    Croatia participated at Eurovision for 2 years before it was recognised as independent by Yugoslavia. If Croatia can have something, why can't Kosovo?
    Croatia 1st participate 1993, altough the first time was in 1963

Yugoslavia - 01.12.1918 - 18.04.1941; 29.11.1945 - 08.10.1991

From 8.10.1991 Yugoslavia is not exsit.

Yugoslavia 1994 and Yugoslavia 1990 is not same country!!!!

10. Banned
    Croatia

YUG history - Singers and songs:

1961: Slovenia
    1962: Slovenia
    1963: Croatia
    1964: Bosnia
    1965: Bosnia
    1966: Slovenia
    1967: Slovenia
    1968: Croatia
    1969: Croatia
    1970: Slovenia
    1971: Croatia
    1972: Croatia
    1973: Bosnia
    1974: Serbia
    1975: Slovenia
    1976: Bosnia
    1981: Bosnia
    1982: Serbia
    1983: Croatia
    1984: Montenegro
    1985: Croatia - Withdraw from the contest, winner song was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpWVaIXmGE
    1986: Croatia
    1987: Croatia
    1987: Croatia
    1988: Croatia
    1989: Croatia
    1990: Croatia
    1991: Serbia (fake voting; the real winner was Croatia with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBuh2hbEiNY
    1992: Serbia

1990 TVZG host the Eurovision, JRT and Serbia didnt gave Croatia 1 euro for Eurovision. Germany help with money

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast