Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username

1. Veteran
    Finland

Re: Explain Your Username

CEGS are the initials of my full name (Two first names + two last names) and 5 is just random. This has been my official nickname in many hookup websites and apps, so when I joined ESC I thought it would be very convinient to have the same ID in all my gayworld sites.
    Likes  Lupus, RainyWoods, Krishoes, theCONWEL liked this post

2. Guru
    United States

Karhu means "bear" in Finnish. Bears have always been my favorite animal since I was a kid. Then as I've grown up I've ended up somewhat resembling one as well. So I also identify as a bear in the gay-culture sense.

It's in Finnish because I think Finnish sounds cool. Sometimes I go by Carwho (usually when Karhu is taken).
    Likes  Lupus, RainyWoods, popavapeur, Eulaliya liked this post

3. Expert
    Australia

Kind of a long explanation here. It came from some mini-LAN party I went to at a school IT room when I was 14 or so, and couldn't think of what username to choose for the games. I ended up just being lazy, and everybody else was going with silly names anyway, so I copied a name of a Mii I'd made on the family's Nintendo Wii not long beforehand - Zobolobols (which was just random nonsense sounds I used to name a weird-looking character). The server for the LAN crashed after a few minutes, and when it came back up and tried to log in, our previous usernames were locked and couldn't be reused, meaning we had to use different ones. So, still not really caring much about the name, I just copied the name of another random Mii I'd made (ManyCamels). The server kept crashing, though, since our school's net infrastructure was pretty crap and Australian internet's nothing impressive anyway. So, with each reset, I had to change my username.

On the third username entry I combined the two Mii names to make 'ManyZoboCamels', and then 'ZoboCamels' the time after that, and then eventually 'ZoboCamel'. The server finally stopped crashing at that point, so I used that name for the rest of the day. About a week later I had to make an account on some website - I forget what now - so I figured I'd just reuse 'ZoboCamel' from the LAN day. Eventually it became a habit, and, well, here we are. No particular meaning to the name, but it's easy to type, remember and shorten, plus I don't think I've ever had a problem with it being taken.

TL;DR there's no real meaning to it but I ended up with it due to randomisation and shitty internet, it became a habit, and I came to like it over time.
    Likes  Lupus liked this post

4. Ninja
    France

Pop Vapeur is a blog I created about asian pop music (almost 90% of korean pop, sometimes US/EU music, ESC as well) in 2011 written in French, it means "Steam Pop" referring of a way to produce thing (like Steam trains) that could be fast, hot, steam stuff (dumplings yummy).I choose this one because it's talking about music and ESC is well, music. It's not my "ultimate" nickname because i've got 2 or 3 more and I switch from sites to sites, then i delete some cause i've grown up and my first one "Sephiroth222" became very uncomfortable to wear . I guess Popavapeur will -maybe- disappear one day :-)
    Likes  Lupus, r3gg13 liked this post

5. Mentor
    Australia

Well honestly I went through so much to figure out my name. My username is based on something that has really shaped my entire life and it means so much to me. I have used this name for 23 years on so many things. This name is on my license, birth certificate, University degree, rental agreements and so many other things
    Likes  Lupus, lavieenrose, theCONWEL liked this post

6. Wizard
    Philippines

Derived from an ancient Celtic/Nordic battlecry which means "victory". Also derived from one of my favourite books:
    Likes  Lupus, Gera11 liked this post

♦ "Liebe ist fr alle da" - Leonora, DK 2019 ♦

7. Veteran
    Sweden

Con is the first three letters of my first name (CONnor) and Wel is the first three letters of my surname (WELch). I existed for many years here as conwel97 which just has my birth year on the end (boring I know ) but then I got premium membership this year and transformed iconically into theCONWEL. Basically, CONWEL is capitalised for emphasis, and the is just there because I'm the one and only

~ WV114 SWEDEN: Lena Philipsson - Maria Magdalena
    ~ WLSC185 TAMAUSIA & DELTANNOR: Tatianna - Hurt My Feelings

8. WV Mod
    Netherlands

I always have many creative and random ideas in my head, so my username is made by me and I absolutely love it.
    Likes  Lupus, Gera11 liked this post

9. Australopithecus
    Spain

----

10. Active Member
    United States

I've been using this username for everything since 2009, primarily for my YouTube channel.
    My friend and I, ten years old at the time, were inspired by iCarly to create a "webshow." (Forgive us, we were just kids.)
    We decided on the name Scratch That, and the year was 2009.
    Of course, that show never happened, but now I post my own videos on the YouTube.
    Yes, I'm only 17.
    Likes  lavieenrose, Lupus liked this post

I support Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast