Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

1. Guru
    Netherlands

Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

I'm pretty sure that the rest will come. But we have to wait.

2. Veteran
    Morocco

officially supports the Moroccan bid

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*

3. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    My group draw looks like like this:

Group E: France, Peru, Iceland, South Korea

Group E: Yay, a lucky group for Iceland here. This is one of the constellation in which Iceland actually has a realistic chance to advance. Peru is by far the worst team of Pot B. A hard working team without much individual quality, most of the players aren't even active in Europe. Iceland can beat them. South Korea was already struggling a lot in the Asia qualification and they are pretty much in regress. Iceland would outclass them physically. And Iceland can take revange to France for that painfull loss in the Euro's next year. But another 2:5 seems more likely than Iceland winning here
    3 1

Bitch please!

4. Veteran
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by cegs5 View Post
    3 1

Bitch please!
    Well done. Peru impressed me already when they beat Croatia.
    It should be mentioned though that this was an Icelandic B side. Three key players were missing (Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alfred Finnbogason & Aron Gunnarson). Iceland squad lacks depth. The second string players still have a long way to go. Thats a reason why the friendlies usually get lost.
    Dont wanna take away any credit from Peru, they are probably one of the World Cup top secrets to watch out for

5. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    Well done. Peru impressed me already when they beat Croatia.
    It should be mentioned though that this was an Icelandic B side. Three key players were missing (Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alfred Finnbogason & Aron Gunnarson). Iceland squad lacks depth. The second string players still have a long way to go. Thats a reason why the friendlies usually get lost.
    Dont wanna take away any credit from Peru, they are probably one of the World Cup top secrets to watch out for
    Peru didn't have key players either Paolo Guerrero, the captain and leader of the team, is still suspended, plus a couple of other teammates. Gareca, Peru coach, gave the chance to a couple of young players.

Of course friendly matches are just that, and good for rehearsals.

6. Veteran
    Canada

So Spain won over Argentina with 6:1

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    As a Canadian, I hope Morocco wins. I just think FIFA is too corrupt. I don't want my hard earned tax dollars going towards paying for some corrupt FIFA official to get a chauffeured car around Edmonton. More importantly, football isn't very popular in Canada, I don't think our national team has ever qualified for the World Cup. At least in Morocco, football is pretty popular.
    Canada has qualified once in 1986. I think the team sucks when it comes to important games when they face Honduras or Panama or Costa Rica.
    Likes  JChan liked this post

Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

7. Veteran
    Morocco

Morocco dominated Uzbekistan 2:0 in the friendly WC preperations against Iran meanwhile

Kinda surprised but Carribbean nation St. Lucia, member of the United Bid assocation, CONACAF has officially announced the support for Morocco 2026

Minister Edmund Estpahane: “My country’s government will be strong and will back Morocco’s bid 200 percent, which will do justice and honor the African continent and the Caribbean countries,”

8. Veteran
    Morocco

Current situation official bid support for 2026:

Morocco currently holds the support of 16 out of 104 support nations: CAF; Algeria, Tunisia, Botswana, Egypt, Uganda, Guinea Bissau, Nigeria UEFA; Belgium, Luxembourg, Serbia, France, Russia AFC; Qatar, Palestine CONACAF St Lucia, Dominica

United Bid holds the support of 1 out of 104 confirmed support nations: AFC; Saudi Arabia

9. Veteran
    Morocco

Bidding is hotting up as the Arab League nations excluding Saudi Arabia has endorsed Morocco. Dominican Republic joins Dominica and St Lucia to support Morocco alongsidr with the South Africa FA endorsement via twitter.

Spain is rumoured and expected to support Morocco. Meanwhile the United bid has obtained the full support of Csntral and South America including US mortal enemy Venezuela (no politic support apart from Saudis) but excluding Carribbean nations

10. Super Moderator
    Sweden

There was an official announcement today from the Swedish National Football Association and coach Janne Andersson that Zlatan won't be playing in the world cup. Janne Andersson treats everyone the same and expects the same commitment from everyone regardless of how famous they are and it seems like Zlatan only wanted to be in the world cup, not return to the national team.

Excellent news in my opinion. We got to the world cup without Zlatan, we can play in the world cup without Zlatan. When he's not there, we can play as a team. With Zlatan you get a one-man-show. He's an extremely talented football player, there's no doubt about it, but he's not a team player and I can imagine he's a nightmare to coach due to his massive ego.

I love Janne Andersson's humble approach to coaching. It reminds me very much of Tommy Svensson who was the coach during the amazing 1994 world cup when Sweden came third. I have a good feeling about this.
    Likes  Realest liked this post

///Anna

(``._.[ Last.fm | Instagram | Twitter ]._.`)