Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

1. Ninja
    Italy

Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

Kosovo - Croatia 0:6
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

We won't let gravity, Won't let gravity win, I've got a pocket full of feathers, Won't let gravity, Won't let gravity win https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_EhiRG6g0

2. Veteran
    Finland

3 2

Finland had three points in their hands, but Icelamd scored at 90' and 96' ... always like that!

3. Veteran
    Germany

What a dramatic match in Reykjavik between and tonight... thanks god my live stream didn't let me down this time.
    Finland was very efficient and scored twice with the only two goal chances they had. Iceland was bad in first half, Not enough pace and no strategy to break the Finnish defense. Even the 1:1 equalizer was a nice present by Finlands keeper Hradecky who lost the orientation for a moment after a corner
    Second half Iceland increased their efforts but they were quite unlucky... first Gylfi missed a penalty and a couple of minutes later he hit the post. Iceland had 2, 3 more chances but then around 85th minute they looked dead and I already started to accept the loss. Then however they proved great character and turned the match around during the extra time. Two headers by Alfred Finnbogason and Ragnar Sigurdsson Great stuff.. emotional moments. To be honest, I don't know if the ball crossed the line in case of the winning goal... sadly (or luckily?) they don't use the goal line technology in WC qualifying matches. Nevermind... of course this win was deserved and I hope this is another moral boost for the team. They need to improve to beat Turkey on sunday though.
    Respect to Finland too, they truly know how to defend.

4. Mentor
    Portugal

At least 6 minutes of compensation time? Dubious winning goal? Hm...seems like Iceland just had to win this match no matter what it took.

But respect to the Finnish national team at last. Or could have been demerit of the Icelandic team. After all they still have to deal with the pressure of their qualification campaign to the last Euro and their performance in the same competition.
    Likes  cegs5 liked this post

5. Veteran
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    At least 6 minutes of compensation time? Dubious winning goal? Hm...seems like Iceland just had to win this match no matter what it took.
    Don't forget the referee was from Norway. He certainly wanted to help his Icelandic brothers to win this match, no doubt!

No seriously... the extra time was justified. First of all, 4 minutes of compensation time were awarded by the fourth official. However during the the extra time there were a little interruption cause a Finnish player was injured/had a cramp/simulated or whatsoever and this took I guess 40-45 seconds which of course has to be added to the 4 minutes. The free kick that lead to the winning goal was shot at around 4:30 minutes over the regular time so obviously the ref still allows this one free kick knowing that this would be the last chance for Iceland to score. After all, he was even generous to the Finnish team, as he continued the match after the winning goal and gave Finland a last chance. If I was referee I would have finished the match immediately after the winning goal. Anyway, Finland couldn't take advantage from it.

I watched the replay of the winning goal a few more times and now I think it might have been a regular goal: http://imgur.com/a/kwlcH It was a hectical situation and the scene happened very fast so it was a difficult decision for the refs. Tbh I wouldn't be mad on the referee if he didn't award this goal. In situations like this people should be more indulgent to the referees. They are just human being like me and you. I say this because I read awful comments of Finnish people on Facebook. We wouldn't have discussions like this if they simply introduce goal line technology in all international football competitions but well...

Moreover Nicklas Moisander should have got the red card after the goal as he physically attacked the referee. I like Moisander cause he plays for my favorite club but this went too far. After all nobody can say the referee favoured the Finland team
    Likes  cegs5 liked this post

6. Veteran
    Finland

I wouldn't blame anyone but the Finnish team, they don't know how to win a game.
    Overall the match was mediocre between two mediocre teams, charismatic perhaps but quality wise was boring. Iceland had got lors of supporters after the Euro campaign but facing the reality it's a low quality team. I hate to admit that because I like underdogs.
    Likes  Edward liked this post

7. Mentor
    Portugal

I have watched a replay of the 3rd Icelandic goal a few times and it seems clear to me now. The ball does not go in at the last header, the Finnish goalie stops it right on top of the goal line. Then one of the Icelandic players does kick it in but by then I think that should already have been considered faul play against Iceland. If it was up to me I wouldn't have allowed the goal and I think that a draw would have been a more appropriate result for both nations.

The replay angles are far from the best however and I can understand the poor judgement from the referee considering he was outside the penalty area and a few players seem to be blocking his view. Still, a controversial decision benefiting the underdogs of the last Euro tournament. I fear this might have had some sort of impact on the referee when making his final decision.

But yes, goal line technology should be there for these games...it worked so well during the Euro so I don't understand why it isn't applied in these games as well. More important will be the day when "video referee" (or however it's called in English) will be implemented in the sport. Should be a rule of thumb already. Basketball and football are two completely different games but I have to give it to Americans and NBA...everytime I watch one of their games it is easily noticeable how scientific proof is irrefutable and leaves margin to little doubt. Same should happen in a sport such as football even though I understand a good share of people love the controversy and that old school fans are mostly against the implementation of such technologies. In the name of veracity however this is something that must be implemented sooner or later without a question.

8. Legend
    Slovenia

1-0

Honestly,i'm surprised...
    Say "Na na na" 22 times. Yes, you're gonna like it! Ya-la-la

9. Legend
    Poland

WE WON
    Likes  whiteshoes, blue00eyes liked this post

EUROVISION 2018 GROMEE & LUKAS MEIJER - LIGHT ME UP
    #TeamGromee #TeamLukas #Krakow2019 #LightMeUp

10. Veteran
    Romania

- 0 - 5
    I am not that entusiasthic, because the match ended right at the begining when our opponents received a red card.
    Likes  Edward liked this post