Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1109

Thread: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

1. Wizard
    Brazil

Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

matador's impact
    Founding member of Kate Miller-Heidke Brazil and Florin Cezar Ouatu Brazil.
    Titles given to me by me.

2. Wizard
    Germany

Congrats to France! Like many people I doubt it was a penalty, but France still showed a nice kick. All in all though looking back the whole WC, the teams were weaker, it could have been another team winning. I just hope that the next WC won't be with 48 teams. Just picturing that ... hopefully not.

3. Ninja
    United States

4. Veteran
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by mauve View Post
    Congrats to France! Like many people I doubt it was a penalty, but France still showed a nice kick. All in all though looking back the whole WC, the teams were weaker, it could have been another team winning. I just hope that the next WC won't be with 48 teams. Just picturing that ... hopefully not.
    Difficult penalty. His action moved toward the ball slightly, and like nigerian coach explained in german tv, the FIFA went to every team before the WC and told them an outstretched arm leads to a penalty, leaving it close to the body won't. Giving that penalty is justified imo, and I guess France would've won anyway.

I fear the 48 teams, tho I doubt they will come in 2022. The WC will happen in winter, when it's only 25° - 30° Celsius there. Also they are planning the fastest World Cup beginning in late November and having the final a few days before christmas. This all has to happen as the seasons of the biggest federations usually take place during that time and FIFA has to try not to take too much of their schedules. Also they just reduced the number of stadiums to 8 in 5 locations, as many more stadiums in such an "irrelevant" nation wouldn't make any sense. After all this it wouldn't be smart to expand and increasing the critics again
    Likes  mauve liked this post

5. Senior Member
    Canada

Congrats France for winning and Croatia for that fabulous performance <3 it was a great final!

6. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JamieBrown View Post
    Difficult penalty. His action moved toward the ball slightly, and like nigerian coach explained in german tv, the FIFA went to every team before the WC and told them an outstretched arm leads to a penalty, leaving it close to the body won't. Giving that penalty is justified imo, and I guess France would've won anyway.

I fear the 48 teams, tho I doubt they will come in 2022. The WC will happen in winter, when it's only 25° - 30° Celsius there. Also they are planning the fastest World Cup beginning in late November and having the final a few days before christmas. This all has to happen as the seasons of the biggest federations usually take place during that time and FIFA has to try not to take too much of their schedules. Also they just reduced the number of stadiums to 8 in 5 locations, as many more stadiums in such an "irrelevant" nation wouldn't make any sense. After all this it wouldn't be smart to expand and increasing the critics again
    That's what I was wondering about. How can they arrange the WC in 2022 with the schedules of the national teams? Will the national leagues start sooner? Or will they have English weeks with three games a week? Anyhow, it will feel strange having the WC in winter. A completely new experience.

7. Ninja
    Netherlands

That's what I was wondering about. How can they arrange the WC in 2022 with the schedules of the national teams? Will the national leagues start sooner? Or will they have English weeks with three games a week? Anyhow, it will feel strange having the WC in winter. A completely new experience.
    Just play till June? It's not that hard I guess?

8. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Himan View Post
    Just play till June? It's not that hard I guess?
    Of course, didn't think of that! Guess it is the heat today ...

9. Ninja
    Netherlands

Of course, didn't think of that! Guess it is the heat today ...
    We shouldn't make this thing too hard, I guess. Beautiful weather and football isn't a bad thing.

10. Legend
    Croatia

First of all, congratulations to team on amazing play through whole tournament and in final and very well deserved title!
    Generally speaking I do not like football and I'm not football fan, especially in Croatia. Until this World Cup (and still in big part think same) I was objecting that many of national money that should finance sport development goes to football (I think around 90% of all that money) while we have so other talented athletes that struggle (interesting fact: Sara Kolak - Olympic winner in javelin throw didn't have money to buy javelins for practice and her colleague from representation helped her) and such stories make me a bit furious and disappointed.
    But what I have experienced through this World Cup in Russia...I will never forget, that unity, that happiness, that emotions, my city nominally was on fire of happiness and joy, even after the final! It will always remain in my heart and will remember it for life! Thank you football team for making such positive emotions roller-coaster that I experienced for the first time in my life!