Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1109

Thread: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

1. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 - RUSSIA

Congratulations to both and on making it through

played their best match so far. I didn't think they will beat so easily. They controlled everything from the beginning and deserved to win. Anything is possible at this point.

was not convincing in the first half but that goal gave the team an injection and they were much better in the second half. was very constant on this championship and they deserved this result.

I think all 4 teams have equal chances for the final and I expect two outstanding semi-final matches
    Likes  MyHeartIsYours liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

2. Legend
    UK

The Peaky Blinders reckon it's comin home

Likes  hugh liked this post

3. Hero
    Portugal

I'm really excited for and , would be great first time winners!
    and would also be very worthy winners, it's a great top 4 imo

4. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

I'm so embarrassed by a sizeable chunk of English football fans. This loutish and incredibly disrespectful kind of behavior is the sort of thing that's always put me off the sport (along with the attempts at cheating and rolling on the grass melodramatics). I can't think of any other thing that comes with fans like this, and ours from England are certainly the worst. Football just attracts the worst kind of hooligans and drunkards. The money that's now going to have to be spent repairing the ambulances and other property that's been damaged should come out of their pockets. Idiots.

Side note: Isn't Harry Kane just dreamy I wouldn't usually fantasize over highly preened Footballers but there's something so boy next door-ish about him. Andy Caroll still number 1 in my dreams though.

5. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    I'm so embarrassed by a sizeable chunk of English football fans. This loutish and incredibly disrespectful kind of behavior is the sort of thing that's always put me off the sport (along with the attempts at cheating and rolling on the grass melodramatics). I can't think of any other thing that comes with fans like this, and ours from England are certainly the worst. Football just attracts the worst kind of hooligans and drunkards. The money that's now going to have to be spent repairing the ambulances and other property that's been damaged should come out of their pockets. Idiots.
    The guy who broke the bus stop (and others like him) are one or two, surrounded by crowd of hundreds of other fans who are not doing that and are just out on the streets celebrating! Also, I'm not sure how much it is English FOOTBALL fans, go out on a Friday night in August and people will be acting just the same - it's drunk people. On the money point, it's worth remembering that these same fans are BOOSTING our economy massively - it has been calculated that every goal England score boosts the economy by £200 million, money which will go to our military, NHS, and so on

Also I cannot agree that English football fans are "the worst". That is just what some people want you to believe. Let's remind ourselves of the last World Cup, did we see anything like this in England?

Our fans get really carried away by the World Cup, sometimes that leads to foolish things, mostly that leads to great fun and a boosted economy!

6. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    Side note: Isn't Harry Kane just dreamy I wouldn't usually fantasize over highly preened Footballers but there's something so boy next door-ish about him. Andy Caroll still number 1 in my dreams though.
    Hahah I agree about this... the accent, everything But really, I think he comes across as a nice guy and down-to-earth (so unlike what you typically would expect from a footballer), he's just himself and doesn't give a shit. Oh and he's an amazing footballer. Best captain we've had since Bobby Moore.
    Likes  hugh, RainyWoods liked this post

7. Mentor
    Spain

Sorry but if you have to compare to Argentinians to find someone worse than English football fans, it's not a good sign XD

And I agree with what you both said about Harry Kane. I will attend the Girona - Tottenham match on 4th August, I don't expect him to play such an irrelevant game, but at least I hope he is there
    Likes  RainyWoods liked this post

"Sembrava vera la voglia di tornare come prima"

UK

I have to say that this summer has been absolutely fantastic and a much needed antidote to all of the negativity we experience in our day to day lives being British/English. Not since our Olympics in 2012 have I felt such a positive and happy vibe in this country everywhere you go, and it's come from absolutely nowhere. Hats off to Gareth Southgate and the boys for finally delivering an England team we can whole-hearted support and be proud of.

I can only hope the fairytale continues but regardless of what happens now this tournament has been a rousing success, and football is coming home in 2020 anyway, so may as well bring it forward a few years

Congratulations to France, Belgium and Croatia. A fantastic top four and I'd be happy for any of the four (marginally less France, but that's ingrained into me, sorry! )

#ItsComingHome
    Likes  AshleyWright, MyHeartIsYours, Gabe liked this post

9. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    Sorry but if you have to compare to Argentinians to find someone worse than English football fans, it's not a good sign XD
    Well at least we agree that England fans aren't "the worst" then

Fact is that a tiny number of fans jumped on buses, on IKEA beds, and broke things. No one is saying that's fine, but what we're saying is that it's a tiny number of people, almost all England fans don't jump on buses, IKEA beds and brake things (okay, maybe except glasses lol) and England fans are contributing over £2 billion extra to the British economy. Meanwhile next week, protesters about other matters are going to cost us over £5 million loss

10. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    Well at least we agree that England fans aren't "the worst" then

Fact is that a tiny number of fans jumped on buses, on IKEA beds, and broke things. No one is saying that's fine, but what we're saying is that it's a tiny number of people, almost all England fans don't jump on buses, IKEA beds and brake things (okay, maybe except glasses lol) and England fans are contributing over £2 billion extra to the British economy. Meanwhile next week, political protesters are going to cost us over £5 million loss
    However, the smiley you chose to share such events

Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    IKEA store in London at 5pm today

...and the "like" on @hugh video saying "Love it" contradicts you.
    Please, do not come up with political issues which are not related to a sport topic, just to distract attention from something that degrades English people and you seem to enjoy.
    Likes  mauve liked this post