Thread: New Zealand - Aotearoa

1. Wizard
    Russian Federation

New Zealand - Aotearoa

So if Australia can join on Eurovision, might New Zealand (The little Britain in the Pacific Ocean) will follow them in the future & bring kiwi songs in English or Maroi?

Not to mentions that will be delighted with had New Zealand & Australia giving 12 x 2 points = 24 for them almost every year at Worldvision

Vist OGAE Rest of the World website: http://nimbleinity.com/DHtM

2. Legend
    UK

Re: New Zealand - Aotearoa

As I said on the Australia thread, I'm totally open to the idea of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, and - if it ever became independent - Quebec participating in Eurovision because they are all effectively Europe on another continent.

However I think we will only know whether it is a good idea once Australia has taken part this year - it could work brilliantly, or fail spectacularly. And Australia is right to be the trial case as Eurovision is sufficiently popular there, and they have already shown their loyalty towards the Contest through watching, voting, sending interval act, etc.

These four or five countries are the absolute limit though in my eyes, they're special cases like Cyprus, Israel and Armenia. Eurovision can still be Eurovision with these included, but to include any more countries it would become Worldvision instead.
    2019 / 12 Netherlands 10 Switzerland 8 Greece 7 Italy 6 Belgium 5 Azerbaijan 4 Belarus 3 Sweden 2 Armenia 1 Czech Republic

3. Wizard
    Russian Federation

UKTV in New Zealand will once again be broadcasting the Eurovision Song Contest live.

UKTV confirmed to Eurovoix.com that they will be broadcasting all of the shows live as well as repeating them later the same evening for viewers to watch. The schedule is as follows:
    May 20th – 7:00 live – 18:30 repeat
    May 22nd – 7:00 live – 18:30 repeat
    May 24th – 7:00 live – 18:30 repeat

It is the second year running that the BBC owned channel will be broadcasting the contest live for viewers in New Zealand. In previous years the contest has been shown on Stratos but not until June of that year.

Will be a sign of the future New Zealand participation in Eurovision..?
    Vist OGAE Rest of the World website: http://nimbleinity.com/DHtM

4. Legend
    Poland

#Wellington2017
    EUROVISION 2018 GROMEE & LUKAS MEIJER - LIGHT ME UP
    #TeamGromee #TeamLukas #Krakow2019 #LightMeUp

5. WorldVision Mod
    Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by revallsay View Post
    #Wellington2017
    More like #Wellington2045 if takes them as long as Australia.
    Likes  zoyuxi, Stiven liked this post

FSC United Kingdom
    Jonas Blue - Wild ft. Chelcee Grimes, TINI, Jhay Cortez
    WV Greece
    TBA
    NSC Solentoya
    Maluma - Carnaval

6. Veteran
    Greece

New Zealand is one of my favorite countries all over the world !
    Likes  MyHeartIsYours liked this post

7. Super Moderator
    Poland

I also really like New Zealand as a country, but I don't think it's a good idea to bring them too. Still it's European contest

8. Legend
    UK

I really think Australia's participation is going to be really successful. I'll still wait until May to decide, but I think Im going to be really in favour of Australia & New Zealand joining us permanently
    2019 / 12 Netherlands 10 Switzerland 8 Greece 7 Italy 6 Belgium 5 Azerbaijan 4 Belarus 3 Sweden 2 Armenia 1 Czech Republic

9. Senior Member
    Germany

On paper, I think that New Zealand would be another exception to the rule which I could support.
    Demographically, about 70% are of European origin (compared to 85 to 90% in Australia). However, there is basically NO public interest in Eurovision. When I was in New Zealand back in 2017, there was not even a TV channel broadcasting it. I had to swith to YouTube. People don't care... whilst, when I was in Australia in 2016, most people knew about it. I talked about Eurovision with one of my tour guides, a taxi driver, Airbnb hosts... etc. It's a completely different story there - same applies to the US or Canada... and that's why I think that the EBU shouldn't really invite any other associate members to Eurovision. Make Australia an exception to the rule.. That country truly deserves to become a permanent member....
    However, the EBU should extend its EBU area again (like they did before 2006 in order to let Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan in) because Kazakahstan - since it's demographically and even geographically partly European & there's a huge interest in Eurovision - deserves to be part of the Eurovision family!

Given the certain state - it's a clear NO from me regarding New Zealand.
    #letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

10. Junkie
    Turkey

I think its only a matter of time now before this contest turns into a WorldVision probably with Eurovision being something like a qualifying contest to that
    ----Don't muhatap---