Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Online Contest - Discuss

1. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Re: New Online Contest - Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by doctormalisimo View Post
    Of course the contests should be high-quality, we dont want to have a graveyard of irrelevant contests that only 6 people play like certain other eurovision forums, and all of the ideas proposed need tweaking in order to be high-quality. But there's certainly nothing wrong with the contests that we have at the moment, they just don't cope well with massive numbers.
    Exactly, we don't want dozens of contests and only implement once it has been thought through all the way and serves a purpose.

2. Legend
    Croatia

I support Language Song Contest as long as there will be public rule discussion, change of the name as well as mods chosen by the members. ^^

3. Wizard
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by theditz83 View Post
    I think that the Language Song Contest would make for a more interesting prospect all-round and it would force people to find songs that are maybe out with their frame of reference. But I agree that an AATW set-up where each edition focuses on a different country or language would be best, as other wise you will simply have a load of complaints each edition for people that haven't been online at the time when registration has opened as they didn't get to register their favourite language.
    Eh. I disagree with the AATW part here. It would force people to often send stuff which they would likely not want to send. It is kind of like a lot of those FSC type contest on the internet which force you to at some points to either send a female singer/male singer/band/dance song/aliens.

The language picking would likely not be based on speed either. I would imagine that there would be either some similiar picking system to WV or even the if multiple people report wanting to use the same language, it is decided by random.org before the edition who can send it.

4. Legend
    Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by anselm View Post
    Language song contest. But with one language per edition (similar to the AATW spinoffs but with languages).
    This sounds reasonable. The rest, meh.
    DISHONORED MAN. I, after my child's birth, am a person in this country that's trying to live like a 100% queen.

5. Veteran
    Czech Republic

I also wouldn't mind a new contest with completely different voting/qualification system. I don't have anything specifing in mind atm, though.

6. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

My personal favorite is the Language contest, seems to be a stand-out option to me.

The question is:

1. One language per edition or
    2. One language per member?

The Secret contest sounds fun in theory but realistically it's just not really going to happen. Friends will tell their friends which song they have chosen so it'll create a bigger mess than any of the other options.

7. Legend
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    The language picking would likely not be based on speed either. I would imagine that there would be either some similiar picking system to WV or even the if multiple people report wanting to use the same language, it is decided by random.org before the edition who can send it.
    If that's the case, then it may not be an issue, but it all depends on the specific format hence my preference for an AATW format if there was a WV spin-off style registration period suggested for the Lanuage Song Contest.
    2019 ranking: 12 10 Norway 8 Malta 7 The Netherlands 6 Spain 5 Cyprus 4 Belarus 3 Belgium 2 Russia 1 Sweden

8. Wizard
    Estonia

Well 2. It will give people more flexibility and avoid the cases where a language you don't like gets picked for the edition. Eg there have been some very (personal opinion) boring countries picked for NSC AATW and I can imagine the same happening here. I would also expect that if it is one language per edition, it will turn into having mainly European languages (basically eliminating the idea of having a non european centric contest)
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post

9. NSC Mod
    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My personal favorite is the Language contest, seems to be a stand-out option to me.

The question is:

One language per edition, definitely. It gives everyone a level playing field. The English/Spanish/French/Swedish/German songs will inherently have an advantage in a per member system. Likewise, there's no competition for languages. A race for people to confirm an English song is a potential drama minefield. And obscure language selections by the host (or whoever picks) would force people to think creatively instead of relying on getting an 'easy' language.
    Likes  Salmon, EurovisionSmile, theditz83 liked this post

White text makes anything shady

10. WorldVision Mod
    Romania

The question is:

One language per member, imo. Per edition will create big mess and some will not know who is sending what. We can use the WV system for jury switching. You can switch your language after 3 editions, or something like that.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast