Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 161

Thread: Map of Countries You Have Visited

  1. Addict
    UK
    tomos2019's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    266
    Location
    West Cornwall
    #151

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Now that is a countries visited list! That's so much better than me, I've probably only been to about 4 or 5!

  2. Junkie
    Japan
    EscTurkey's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,636
    #152

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Too lazy to make a map so i'm just gonna list them down here

    From
















    If you can't hate yourself, how in the hell you gonna hate somebody else?

  3. Legend
    France
    tuorem's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,556
    Location
    Paris
    #153

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    (native country)




    new
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post
     

    Tuoremóveis

  4. WorldVision Mod
    Spain
    AshleyWright's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,652
    Location
    UK
    #154

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    (native country)




    new
    I hope the UK treated you well.
    Likes  tuorem, tomos2019 liked this post
     

    WV Western USA
    Kat Graham - Power
    NSC Solentoya
    Maya Berović - Alkohol

  5. Legend
    France
    tuorem's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,556
    Location
    Paris
    #155

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    I hope the UK treated you well.
    From the officer who hailed me in front of everyone when I got off the train to check my luggage... to SuRie who was such a dear to me. I didn't meet anyone unpleasant during the entire stay, we Parisians can't relate! The way we treat tourists sometimes is... not cute I think we are renowned for being inhospitable actually.

    I wanted to have tea with Queen Elizabeth II, but sadly she told me via WhatsApp she was unavailable. Maybe next time
    Likes  AshleyWright, tomos2019, MyHeartIsYours liked this post
     

    Tuoremóveis

  6. WorldVision Mod
    Spain
    AshleyWright's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,652
    Location
    UK
    #156

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    From the officer who hailed me in front of everyone when I got off the train to check my luggage... to SuRie who was such a dear to me. I didn't meet anyone unpleasant during the entire stay, we Parisians can't relate! The way we treat tourists sometimes is... not cute I think we are renowned for being inhospitable actually.

    I wanted to have tea with Queen Elizabeth II, but sadly she told me via WhatsApp she was unavailable. Maybe next time
    Well we seem to get a lot of bad press abroad but I like to think we're quite a welcoming and friendly country, especially to tourists. obviously you spent your time mixing with celebrities if SuRie was involved. What a hot trip. I'm sure the queen will make sure she has some time set aside for you next time you come visit, just have to give her plenty of notice so she can some yorkshire tea in and a packet of chocolate digestives for dunking. x

    You might also have to visit some other places outside of London also.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post
     

    WV Western USA
    Kat Graham - Power
    NSC Solentoya
    Maya Berović - Alkohol

  7. Legend
    France
    tuorem's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,556
    Location
    Paris
    #157

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    Well we seem to get a lot of bad press abroad but I like to think we're quite a welcoming and friendly country, especially to tourists. obviously you spent your time mixing with celebrities if SuRie was involved. What a hot trip. I'm sure the queen will make sure she has some time set aside for you next time you come visit, just have to give her plenty of notice so she can some yorkshire tea in and a packet of chocolate digestives for dunking. x

    You might also have to visit some other places outside of London also.
    Honestly, I did enjoy this short trip a lot. Of course, the UK isn't limited to London, I just had to start somewhere. I'll probably come back soon, for I'd like to complete my visit of the city (and go shopping) before planning to go to other places. If you have suggestions in this regard, feel free to let me know: where should I go outside of London?

    Yes, I do have an Eurovision-related experience to tell, I'd like to share it with you all but I'm not sure in what category of the forum I should write the whole story. It was kind of crazy to me in hindsight.

    Thank you for the tip regarding the Queen Of course, I visited Windsor Castle and took a walk near Buckingham Palace, among several other must-sees. I've seen so many beautiful monuments, loved it!

    Tuoremóveis

  8. Addict
    UK
    tomos2019's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    266
    Location
    West Cornwall
    #158

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    I really like the west of the UK. I was born in Herefordshire near the Welsh border and it's nearly been 15 years that I've lived in Cornwall.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post
     

  9. WorldVision Mod
    Spain
    AshleyWright's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,652
    Location
    UK
    #159

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Honestly, I did enjoy this short trip a lot. Of course, the UK isn't limited to London, I just had to start somewhere. I'll probably come back soon, for I'd like to complete my visit of the city (and go shopping) before planning to go to other places. If you have suggestions in this regard, feel free to let me know: where should I go outside of London?

    Yes, I do have an Eurovision-related experience to tell, I'd like to share it with you all but I'm not sure in what category of the forum I should write the whole story. It was kind of crazy to me in hindsight.

    Thank you for the tip regarding the Queen Of course, I visited Windsor Castle and took a walk near Buckingham Palace, among several other must-sees. I've seen so many beautiful monuments, loved it!
    Gosh it really depends what you want to do, for shopping you'd probably be best sticking to the major cities such as London, Manchester, Leeds etc as they have most labels and shops on offer and closer to the big shopping malls. For London you'd have to ask a Londoner as they'd surely know better where to find certain shops etc. If you want history and culture then we have so many historic cities and towns, Canterbury, Lincoln, Chester, Bath, York, Edinburgh, Winchester etc Also a small town on the south coast called Rye, spent a lot of my childhood and early teen years there and it is a very beautiful but small town and is home to the most photographed street in the UK: https://www.mermaidinn.com/wp-conten...3-1024x768.jpg Also the Mermaid pub just to the right is apparently haunted. There was often a lot of French (and others like Germans but less) tourists about in Rye whenever I was there. I take it you're not bothered about beach type places, because France has far superior beaches on offer but places along the south west coast have some very beautiful beaches. Also beach towns such as Blackpool and Brighton have a strong party scene also, Brighton being more lgbt centred. For rural countryside stuff, you've got practically anywhere. Lake District, Scottish Highlands, Peak District, Norfolk Broads, Snowdonia and such. There is really a lot to do here outside of London, but ofc the London is the central part of any trip to the UK usually. You'd just have to plan it well.

    Well if you like looking at the castles and stately homes there is a lot to look around just they're usually in quite rural places such asLeeds Castle (ironically nowhere near Leeds), Hever Castle where Anne Boleyn grew up but in London there is more easily accessible ones for you, Hampton Court is quite good there is a lot to do there. Has the Tudor and Georgian halves, also a maze. Maybe the queen will be nearby one on a visit.

    These are just some ideas but i'm sure when you do return you'll have some proper plans in place and ideas of where you'd like to go.
    Likes  tuorem, tomos2019 liked this post
     

    WV Western USA
    Kat Graham - Power
    NSC Solentoya
    Maya Berović - Alkohol

  10. Legend
    France
    tuorem's Avatar
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,556
    Location
    Paris
    #160

    Re: Map of Countries You Have Visited

    @AshleyWright Wow, thank you so much for your advice. I'll have to do my own research on everything you mentioned. There is obviously a lot to see. I'm more into architectural heritage and picturesque places than anything else, so I should be pretty satisfied by what your country has to offer.
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post
     

    Tuoremóveis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2009-2018 escunited.com. All rights reserved. Designed by Trece All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:17.