View Poll Results: How do you like the entry?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll

19 9.60%

14 7.07%

21 10.61%

23 11.62%

18 9.09%

17 8.59%

12 6.06%

17 8.59%

12 6.06%

6 3.03%

39 19.70%
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798

Thread: CYPRUS 2015 - Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

CYPRUS 2015 - Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

2. Junkie
    Finland

Re: CYPRUS 2015 - Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

What a beautiful song this is! Loved all the lights in the performance and also that they added a bit more background to the part where he used to sing without any instruments.

3. Veteran
    Greece

It seems that lullabies are still beloved in eurovision.

4. Legend
    France

Time for me to review the Cypriot entry this year

Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

Song: "One Thing I Should Have Done" is one of those stardard quiet songs one may hear at Eurovision: "Me and My Guitar", "Everything Looks Better In Spring", "Da Da Dam" were in line with this. I guess people think it's lovely because it sounds intimate, honest and simple. To me, this isn't, even if I can stand it, unlike the songs I've mentioned. The melody is quite standard and fits with the "Jason Mraz kind of cheese", especially the chorus. Sounds like a Disney song at some point as well. The lyrics are cheesy as expected. Ironically, the bridge is the strongest, most memorable part to me, I like that part and since there is no build-up, it's a nice highlight. The arrangements sound very "summery", everything's nicely done I must say, it's just not my jam and I can't get into it because I never fall for that kind of ballad.

Voice: Ok voice from Giannis, again it's one of those voices that I feel I hear everywhere. Male singers who sing that kind of song have the same voice, that's disturbing Anyway, it fits the song and his performances were very nice. There was nothing wrong live, so good job.

Staging: There isn't much to comment, they succeeded in setting an intimate atmosphere for the song. The black and white part was nice.

Outcome: When I listened to the song during the semi, I knew this would sail through, even though I wouldn't have helped it qualify had I been the jury. As expected, it bombed in the final, like most of the time (remember Cyprus 2010) and that didn't sadden me tbh. Juries ranked it unbelievably high but whatever, people thought it should belong to the bottom of the scoreboard. In my personal ranking, I ranked it low as well, there are a bunch of songs that I dislike more than this, but also a bunch that I like much much more. I'd have ranked it 12th in the semi tbh. See you next year Cyprus, I never expect anything from you, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, sometimes I'm disappointed, but I hope you'll still be there in 2016

5. Amateur
    France

Yes, with this kind of song, setting an intimate atmosphere is essential

6. Active Member
    Ireland

Such a shame this was wedged in between A Monster Like Me and Heroes on one side, and Tonight Again and Rhythm Inside on the other. That killed this great song.
    Artists I've met: Benjamin, Cesár, DoReDos, Madame Monsieur, Melovin, Claudia Pascoal, Mikolas, Ryan O'Shaughnessy, Equinox, ZIBBZ, Rasmussen and Sanja Ilic

7. Veteran
    France

Although I wasn't (and I still ain't) thrilled of this kind of boring entry, I'm totally able to figure his qualification out which came across as a tremendous event back in 2015. Moreover, this thread does remind me that he's been roughly criticized on YouTube in the comments section underneath ESC tops and the official videoclip from Cyprus.

This overall situation is deeply linked to what did happen with the Georgian win at the 2016's JESC somehow. The winning entry 'Mzeo' was absolutely powerful, hence the fact that it won the whole thing. However, all of the Eurofans fiercely insulted Mariam and it was so disrespectful tbh because they judged it as an awful entry, which didn't deserve the victory. Thus, they compared this marvellous entry to Giannis' song, though it didn't even win it.

The point is that people can be so nasty sometimes, when one of the entries, which is deeply hated by them, is sailing through the grand final quite unexpectedly. They can be so childish that it makes me regret that there's such a gigantic lack of respect towards the artists and other people's state of mind, when it comes to competition. Unfortunately, as every fruit does have a core inside, there should be some people who are representing this hateful core. This comparison is quite hilarious though, as I didn't imagine that I would write it down nor use it in my whole life.

In regards to the mark that I would have given to this entry back in 2012 (if I already got an account...), I'd have awarded this entry points because of Giannis' vocals only. The gorgeous staging might have contributed to this vote besides.
    Likes  GianlucaTomoe liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

8. Guru
    Germany

4 points - boring but acceptable and listenable. Great performance, though.
    #letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798