View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll

42 19.00%

24 10.86%

20 9.05%

30 13.57%

18 8.14%

19 8.60%

14 6.33%

10 4.52%

14 6.33%

7 3.17%

23 10.41%
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,438 of 1438

Thread: MALTA 2015 - Amber - Warrior

MALTA 2015 - Amber - Warrior

Likes  Nicky liked this post

2. Expert
    United States

Re: MALTA 2015 - Amber - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    What video?
    I can't remember where I saw it, one of the other blogs/forums, but there was backstage footage from after the semi and Amber was crying and was being comforted by someone

3. Super Moderator
    Serbia

I thought she will certainly qualify until I saw the live performance. She didn't sound good at all, and she was quite nervous at times. Too bad, because the song deserved the final more than some other songs that made it ( for example).
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

4. Senior Member
    Portugal

I had some free time (vacation!! ) and did some math... Here's something for you guys to think...

If they used only 50/50 but considering top 10 from jury and televote and not full ranking(except San Marino, Montenegro and Azerbaijan who only used jury), which I think it's more fair, so that jury don't have more power than televote, Malta would have qualified over Azerbaijan...
    "May the best day of your past be the worst days of your future"

5. Veteran
    Greece

For 6h time in a row,
    juries put Malta high.
    But...
    Karma is a bitch,
    isn't it ?

6. Veteran
    Greece

Ekklesia sisters would have done much better...

7. Senior Member
    Slovenia

Likes  GRE, Milos-BC, DaFlo, Terence liked this post

8. Legend
    France

Time for me to review the Maltese entry this year

Amber - Warrior

Song: Because there are two warriors in the contest, one is inevitably tempted to compare both entries, and for me Georgia wins hands down even though I'm not that fond of the song. Amber's "Warrior" isn't a bad song but it lacks character and power imo, as I'm going through the song, it doesn't have any impact on me. It starts very slowly and then turns into a chorus with an interesting pace, however I fail to sense any peak, this is very even during the whole song and that is the issue I have with it. Medody and arrangement-Wise, it's not that special either sadly, there is no detail that made me say to myself "oh I like this!". I find it generic actually, sounds like the first single of an American X-factor participant imo. So to sum this up: nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either = meh.

Voice: I don't like Amber's voice that much but, apart from that, I think her voice suits the song. I guess her performance during the semi was good, it was way stronger than the over-polished studio version imo. I enjoyed her performance, it was nice, but she still didn't succeed in selling the song to me.

Stagin: I liked the fact that she was alone on stage, I guess it was the most efficient thing to do. Visually, it was decent. Of course, Conchita doesn't have the Monopoly of wings on screen and stuff, but delegations should learn that elements that were successful one particular year shouldn't not be used again the year after because it does not impress people anymore.

Outcome: I think the song is meh but I have to say I'm surprised Malta didn't qualify, well they were on the edge. In my personal ranking, Malta is ranked very low. Better luck next time Malta, I hope someday I will like one of your entries. You're one of the two countries (with Lithuania) that I never liked in Eurovision since I watched the contest in 2009. I watched your national selection this year, and I liked "Fandango", it was nice. But my favourite was "12 Baker Street", a very sweet and different song, too bad it came last in the final.

9. Mentor
    Poland

I've just noticed Amber performed with Kurt on the stage in Baku
    I didn't know