View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll

68 22.30%

32 10.49%

38 12.46%

38 12.46%

22 7.21%

26 8.52%

26 8.52%

9 2.95%

8 2.62%

9 2.95%

29 9.51%
Page 13 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMANY 2015 - Ann Sophie – Black Smoke

GERMANY 2015 - Ann Sophie – Black Smoke

Likes  Nicky, Nikoreindeer1973 liked this post

2. Mentor
    Russian Federation

re: GERMANY 2015 - Ann Sophie – Black Smoke

What are you talking about? That bald Unheilig disaster was bland and boring as...duck.
    Elaiza only showed ANYONE can win, no matter how popular you are
    Songs like Unheilig's flatness should stay away from the competition.
    Likes  anselm liked this post

I don’t like snobizam, nationalism, puritanism. I am different organism. My heroism is pacifism, altruism, I enjoy liberalism, tourism, nudism, optimism. It is good for rheumatism.

3. Legend
    Yugoslavia

And it's not like Unheilig was the most musically credible band out there... I don't think it will have any effect on this year's national final. They really have to change the messy system with the artists having 2 songs (and possibly only getting to perform one of them) though.
    Likes  Matt liked this post

4. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    What are you talking about? That bald Unheilig disaster was bland and boring as...duck.
    Elaiza only showed ANYONE can win, no matter how popular you are
    Songs like Unheilig's flatness should stay away from the competition.
    While I disagree with your assessment of Unheilig, I think regardless of personal taste I don't believe anyone deserves being booed onstage.
    Likes  RainyWoods liked this post

5. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Yes, it's more the treatment of the man that was disgusting. No one deserves that, especially someone who seems like such a nice gentleman. That National Final was brilliant but it left me with such a sour taste.

Unheilig's first song was my second favourite, only behind MarieMarie's "Candy Jar". Der Graf of Unheilig has a very special voice. Maybe it's a shame the music doesn't quite match it anymore and has become quite "standard" shall we say? He still puts out some beautiful, touching songs though. It's wonderful to have someone who just straight sings with no acrobatics.. just a gorgeous, deep, throaty, velvety, delicious, hypnotic voice

God he's gorgeous, can someone kidnap him for me!?

6. Senior Member
    Germany

Unheilig is quit popular in Germany (many number one hits). The music is mostly ok, his voice is brilliant, but the words are disputed. This seems to be German thing. We call it schwulstig, όberschwenglich, hochtrabend or geschwollen. It didn't find an English expression. The nearest thing is maybe pathetic or bombastic in a very negativ way. It mean that he is overdoing poetry, so that even the simplest thing sound great. So it is some kind of abuse of epic possibilities the German language might offer. The people are diveded in Germany: Many like it, but other like me want to start to vomit after hearing this poor poetry. It sound great, but it is pathetic through and through. So I guess there were some Unheilig basher in the audiance. But of course: This is a no go.
    Likes  RainyWoods, Anjeza liked this post

7. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Rusch View Post
    Unheilig is quit popular in Germany (many number one hits). The music is mostly ok, his voice is brilliant, but the words are disputed. This seems to be German thing. We call it schwulstig, όberschwenglich, hochtrabend or geschwollen. It didn't find an English expression. The nearest thing is maybe pathetic or bombastic in a very negativ way. It mean that he is overdoing poetry, so that even the simplest thing sound great. So it is some kind of abuse of epic possibilities the German language might offer. The people are diveded in Germany: Many like it, but other like me want to start to vomit after hearing this poor poetry. It sound great, but it is pathetic through and through. So I guess there were some Unheilig basher in the audiance. But of course: This is a no go.
    Thank you for the explanation. I'm unsure there is an english equivalent but I think I do understand what the word means. The German language sounds so good to my ears. Even though I don't speak the language, I love to hear it in song. The way Der Graf phrases words sounds deep and epic when I listen, but then maybe if I could understand the language, it wouldn't quite be the same.

8. Legend
    Yugoslavia

Well, Unheilig is basically one thing: Schlager. Helene Fischer would probably get the same treatment.

But booing is an absolute no-go indeed. I was so angry when the crowd at Eurovision in Concert booed Aram MP3... and I won't even get started about the Russian girls in Copenhagen.

9. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by anselm View Post
    Well, Unheilig is basically one thing: Schlager. Helene Fischer would probably get the same treatment.

But booing is an absolute no-go indeed. I was so angry when the crowd at Eurovision in Concert booed Aram MP3... and I won't even get started about the Russian girls in Copenhagen.
    With Aram it was a completely different thing though. He had said some pretty dodgy stuff. I wouldn't have booed though, if I wanted to have made a statement I would have remained silent.

Booing of the Russian twins was disgusting. They were two young girls. Unheilig being booed was completely unjust. People who boo generally make me want to throw something at my wall. I hate them so much. People need to show some respect and human decency, rather than act like beasts.
    Likes  anselm liked this post

10. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by anselm View Post

I really don't see what the fuss is about. They were angry about Aram's Conchita comments. While I don't agree with booing during a performance, I'm not exactly outraged either.

As for Russia, well they get booed every year, just moreso this year for obvious reasons. And the boos only occurred during the results, not the performances. I see no issue at all. They weren't booing the twins, they were booing the country they were representing.

And Unheilig, they were the favourites up against the biggest underdog, so the reaction is not surprising and was nothing more than the crowd taunting the favourite. It happens.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but as far as I'm concerned, you pay your money, you can boo 'till the cows come home. Boo, cheer, be silent. I don't care which.

Germany's NF was one of my favourites this year, and I'm looking forward to it next year. Elaiza was a great winner, but I feel they need something of a higher quality to compete in Vienna.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

11. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    I'm obviously in the minority here, but as far as I'm concerned, you pay your money, you can boo 'till the cows come home. Boo, cheer, be silent. I don't care which.
    Well BOOOOO you then

Joking aside, think of the people though. They are putting forward something artistic, something that has more than likely had a lot of work and heart put into it. They don't deserve to be "taunted" or heckled. I just find it so disrespectful and mean spirited. I find it hard to think of anything that actually makes me more angry. Because they've payed money isn't an accuse to drop manners and human decency. It's not a wresting match. You could see how devastated the two young Russian girls were this year. If I remember correctly they were in tears and that's probably a horrible experience that will stay with them for life. Booing lowers the tone of an event significantly.
    Likes  Matt liked this post