View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll

65 28.02%

25 10.78%

26 11.21%

19 8.19%

24 10.34%

22 9.48%

10 4.31%

9 3.88%

7 3.02%

6 2.59%
  • 0*

19 8.19%
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980

Thread: GEORGIA 2015 - Nina Sublatti - Warrior

GEORGIA 2015 - Nina Sublatti - Warrior

Likes  12Points, Celia, Nikoreindeer1973, DaFlo liked this post

2. Veteran
    Greece

Re: GEORGIA 2015 - Nina Sublatti - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    Oh i totally agree, they should have gone for butterflies, raindows, Dolly style outfit and Poland's pink piano for this childish cute little song Nina had
    No.
    But her look and the song were already enough aggresive,
    they shouldn't overdo in my opinion.

3. Legend
    France

Time for me to review the Georgian song this year

Nina Sublatti - Warrior

Song: I didn't know what to expect about a song called "Warrior" and to be honest, I'm not disappointed. It starts with a strong beat, which leads us to the verse -which is imo the best and catchiest part of the song- the chorus is nice as well, I like how the melody quickly goes from low to high notes. It slightly reminds me of Evanescence, and I like it. On a negative side, I think the "bridge" adds nothing to the song and the last minute is basically the chorus repeated 3 times, I guess some variation would have been welcome. Besides, maybe they wanted to keep it simple, but I feel like it lacks some arrangements overall. I wouldn't say it sounds like a demo, but it needed some kind of build-up at some point. As it is, it's very "beat + voice" and something's missing to make me love it completely. But it remains a good entry and a strong effort from Georgia.

Voice: To me, most of the appeal comes from Nina's voice. It totally suits the mood of the song, it's strong and fierce as it should be. Her performances were really great, I wouldn't have guessed she was sick the day before the semi tbh.

Staging: They focused on the background screen which was indeed fantastic with the eyes. On stage, it seemed a little empty, but I guess it was just due to wrong choices of camera angles, they should have opt for more closeups instead of really large angles imo. The smoke was a nice addition to the act but in the final... what happened? One could barely see her during the first minute of the song! Hopefully it cleared afterwards, I sensed some failure somewhere, this wasn't done on purpose.

Outcome: 11th is a good place, congrats Georgia! With such a draw and a second half filled with ballads, she stood out obviously. To me, it's one of the best Georgian entry ever (with One More Day). In my personal ranking, Georgia is placed between 11th and 15th place, it's a good song, not one of my favourites, but it's deservedly above half of the songs this year. Keep up the good work Georgia!
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

4. Ninja
    United States

The queen of performing through a fog storm due to a smoke machine malfunction. Dissapointed it missed out on top 10 but oh well. My # 4 of the year 2015.

5. Guru
    Germany

8 points - my favourite second entry coming from Georgia.
    #letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

6. Legend
    United States

Guys what if the lyric is "steel stocked in my mind" i.e. "I have a mind full of steel;" it's still weird but makes a little bit of sense.

Sorry please do carry on with your day.
    Likes  randajad, Alaska49 liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

7. Mentor
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    Guys what if the lyric is "steel stocked in my mind" i.e. "I have a mind full of steel;" it's still weird but makes a little bit of sense.

Sorry please do carry on with your day.
    does any other entry of that year makes us think as much as this one? NO. scholars are still out there trying to dissect it. A TRUE INTELLECTUAL. should have won jury tbh. who are mans and aminata?
    Likes  lavieenrose, randajad liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980