View Poll Results: How do you like the entry?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll

39 17.65%

17 7.69%

26 11.76%

20 9.05%

18 8.14%

24 10.86%

20 9.05%

20 9.05%

12 5.43%

5 2.26%

20 9.05%
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192

Thread: FRANCE 2015 - Lisa Angell - N'oubliez pas

FRANCE 2015 - Lisa Angell - N'oubliez pas

2. Veteran
    France

Re: FRANCE 2015 - Lisa Angell - N'oubliez pas

Ok, I guess it's about time for me to start my reviews of each song now that I know them better Of course, I should start with my own country.

Lisa Angell - N'oubliez Pas

Song: Ok, I've already said here what I thought of this act, but I'll do it once again. I was disappointed when I first listened to our song this year because it was same old same old. Despite the change of TV channel, our delegation went for variété française once again but there were two major flaws from the very beginning to me: it was not inspired at all - it was a very safe choice, something that foreigners would expect us to send- and it was definitely a weaker attempt compared with "Et S'il Fallait Le Faire" and "Je N'ai Que Mon Âme" (the latter - composed by the same composer - still sounds more current than N'oubliez Pas!). Actually, this music genre is not what we listen to anymore, plus the arrangements sound dated in a negative way to me. It was very similar to Chimène Badi's "Le Jour D'après", which was much stronger imo. The song takes quite some time to build up but I'm ok with that even though it could be tricky in Eurovision. I'm not too fond of the lyrics, yet I think they're well written overall regarding the theme chosen. It's not a bad song, but this didn't scream "winner" or "top 15" in any way. It's unambitious.

Voice: Lisa Angell may be funny, nice and everything. I still think that it wasn't a coincidence she was chosen considering she was "discovered" by one of the France 2 TV presenters... Besides, I already said before that when I listen to her, I feel like she's a good karaoke singer. She can hit the notes for sure but she has a plain voice and no charisma at all. And that is a big disadvantage imo. In addition to that, she sounds very Chimène Badi during the last part of the song, it's almost like an impersonation to me, which is disturbing. Performance-Wise, she did the job however, she sang well and made the most out of the whole thing. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Staging: I think this staging was unexpected. This actually the first time since 2011 that we come up with a realistic background. It matched the song imo, nothing special to say about it however.

Outcome: I guess no one realistically expected a good rank, but 25th place again with 4 points was a bit harsh to me. After we were ranked higher in the odds after the dress rehearsals, I started hoping for a top 20 at least (which would have been an improvement) but no... We were again last in the televotes (remember 2012) and juries didn't help us that much, so that's it! Like every year, I hope this will encourage our delegation to send something worth a good result, that's maybe a vain wish.

3. Addict
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Ok, I guess it's about time for me to start my reviews of each song now that I know them better Of course, I should start with my own country.

Lisa Angell - N'oubliez Pas

Song: Ok, I've already said here what I thought of this act, but I'll do it once again. I was disappointed when I first listened to our song this year because it was same old same old. Despite the change of TV channel, our delegation went for variété française once again but there were two major flaws from the very beginning to me: it was not inspired at all - it was a very safe choice, something that foreigners would expect us to send- and it was definitely a weaker attempt compared with "Et S'il Fallait Le Faire" and "Je N'ai Que Mon Âme" (the latter - composed by the same composer - still sounds more current than N'oubliez Pas!). Actually, this music genre is not what we listen to anymore, plus the arrangements sound dated in a negative way to me. It was very similar to Chimène Badi's "Le Jour D'après", which was much stronger imo. The song takes quite some time to build up but I'm ok with that even though it could be tricky in Eurovision. I'm not too fond of the lyrics, yet I think they're well written overall regarding the theme chosen. It's not a bad song, but this didn't scream "winner" or "top 15" in any way. It's unambitious.

Voice: Lisa Angell may be funny, nice and everything. I still think that it wasn't a coincidence she was chosen considering she was "discovered" by one of the France 2 TV presenters... Besides, I already said before that when I listen to her, I feel like she's a good karaoke singer. She can hit the notes for sure but she has a plain voice and no charisma at all. And that is a big disadvantage imo. In addition to that, she sounds very Chimène Badi during the last part of the song, it's almost like an impersonation to me, which is disturbing. Performance-Wise, she did the job however, she sang well and made the most out of the whole thing. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Staging: I think this staging was unexpected. This actually the first time since 2011 that we come up with a realistic background. It matched the song imo, nothing special to say about it however.

Outcome: I guess no one realistically expected a good rank, but 25th place again with 4 points was a bit harsh to me. After we were ranked higher in the odds after the dress rehearsals, I started hoping for a top 20 at least (which would have been an improvement) but no... We were again last in the televotes (remember 2012) and juries didn't help us that much, so that's it! Like every year, I hope this will encourage our delegation to send something worth a good result, that's maybe a vain wish.
    You resumed all i think and she passed second in running order
    Nassi was robbed in Destination Eurovision

4. Senior Member
    Germany

3 points - It got what it deserved since it's uneventful... who should have voted for it? - I guess no viewer back home would have minded it being ranked #20 or higher but still.. no one did care... At least, France gets it right nowadays!
    #letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

5. Wizard
    Morocco

She auditioned on The Voice : La Plus Belle Voix under her real name Virginie Vetrano.

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192