Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Your linguistic skills

1. Mentor
    Poland

Re: Your linguistic skills

I am learning B2 German from Deutsche Welle site and just started Italian on duolingo to simply and fast learn basics and get used to new language, then I can buy some books xD I hope it's gonna be interesting. I was uncertain whether to start or but crazy Spanish eurofans were the reason to pick Italian instead xD

2. Hero
    Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by blue00eyes View Post
    I am learning B2 German from Deutsche Welle site and just started Italian on duolingo to simply and fast learn basics and get used to new language, then I can buy some books xD I hope it's gonna be interesting. I was uncertain whether to start or but crazy Spanish eurofans were the reason to pick Italian instead xD
    I suggest also Memrise for Italian, I find the app more aesthetically pleasing, which, at least in my case, helps with motivation. And it's very fun as well.

Good luck with Italian!
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

3. Mentor
    Poland

Thanks I will check for sure!
    I plan to visit Italy but to me it's uncomfortable to go to countries which language I don't speak at all. I even learned some Czech before visiting even if Czech is so similar to Polish. this is so me
    Likes  SaladBreak, HayashiM liked this post

4. Senior Member
    Germany

- My native language.

- My first foreign language, started learning it at school when I was ten years old. I think my English skills are ok, I can understand most things unless it´s a strong dialect or when a text contains too many technical terms. When it comes to speaking I often have to think a lot when I start a conversation since I don´t speak the language all that often, but after a few minutes the person I´m talking to has to slow me down a bit.

- My second foreign language, had it for two years. I really like the language and had good grades, but due to a lack of practise I´ve sadly forgotten most of it. At least I can still introduce myself and order something to drink, which I used a lot when I went on holidays on Gran Canaria this May.

- The language of my parents. They tried to teach me Polish when I was a little child, but sadly I was pretty stubborn and refused to learn the language, so my skills are limited to a few basic words like "hello", "thank you" or "goodbye". This is really something I regret, since I still have many relatives in Poland and most of them neither speak English nor German.
    Likes  tomos2019, Ausesken liked this post

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213