Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots from your games

1. Senior Member
    Spain

Re: Screenshots from your games

Quote Originally Posted by Fierro View Post
    When you're trying to not wet the phone but still don't want to leave swimming pool
    There's Jesus
    Likes  Fierro liked this post

The ways of WV are inscrutable

2. Expert
    Morocco

Winner Winner

Chicken Dinner
    Likes  Gera11 liked this post

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*

3. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

@Livia90 this is the game I was telling you about. Also @Gera11 I bet you'll appreciate the Transylvania there.

In the picture is my progress with Austria, Doesn't look that impressive but that's just a heavily federalised Austrian Empire (for now) it's been just over a year and we've had 4 major events to hit my country.

MAJOR EVENT 1 - POPE DIED
    So the pope (who controls the Italian Federation died) and as the elite Austrians whos' greatest pass time for centuries was screwing the Italians over, I get a special event to meddle in the papal Conclave and threaten them with war and total destruction if they don't submit to the Austrian master race, Make some random Austrian their king and be our new toy. They saw the light and submitted to me so I got hot buffer state between me and Communism.

MAJOR EVENT 2 - POLAND NEEDS A KING
    So Poland had to go through a regency council and pick a king (they have 4 options, A Polish king, German King, Lithuanian King or (only real choice) Austrian King) and there was intelligence (another event) saying they planned to reunite with Lithuania and we simply could not be having that, how very dare they? So What did Austria do? Send its entire army to the border and threaten them with war and total destruction unless the Austrian was coronated. It turns out the Polish aren't stupid and crowned the Austrian and are now aligned to us.

MAJOR EVENT 3 - 1937 AUGSLEICH OR SOMETHING SPELT LIKE THAT
    This some huge event which decides your future for the rest of the game, it's basically the renogitation of the empire. Hungary was looking a little big (in the picture the red outline was their original border) and they were throwing their weight around issuing demands to us. How insolent! So we invited every single ethnic group in the empire, even those without a real state (except the Slovenes as that would damage us and they're just wild Germans xo). To cut a long story short, we promised everyone slices of Hungary, they bitch fitted at us and walked out, we then declared war to liberate the new lands who love us eternally, won and then chopped Hungary up.

MAJOR EVENT 4 - ITALIAN REVOLUTION
    So the Italians don't know when they have it good, they had a king and Austrian protection so what do they do? they destroy all the Austrian structures of power there and stage a revolution declaring a republic (WITH DEMOCRACY! yes Austria has democracy, but I didn't say Italy could!). The king was forced to flee and the new government was too free thinking, republican and anti-Austrian. So we invaded and restored order. xo

That's just about it but when I have made further progress I will update again.
    Likes  Livia90, Gera11 liked this post

4. Senior Member
    Spain

Hahaha the democratic Austria threatening everybody if they don't do what they please And what's your relation with the German empire? It's huge.
    I see CNT-FAI is controlling eastern Spain, is there the civil war? I don't know to what extent these games reflect the wars that actually took place

5. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Livia90 View Post
    Hahaha the democratic Austria threatening everybody if they don't do what they please And what's your relation with the German empire? It's huge.
    I see CNT-FAI is controlling eastern Spain, is there the civil war? I don't know to what extent these games reflect the wars that actually took place
    It's a running theme tbh. We have a blossoming democracy and all our puppets have absolute monarchies/Dictators. I played a little tonight and created a Greater Austria so they're all united with me now in one country, so Germany doesn't look so imposing. They're not Bestfriends if that is what you're wondering, it's a fairly neutral relationship tbh. We're not allied in anyway, From the backstory Germany interfered with the 1927 Augsleich in the Austro-Hungarian Empire which lead to it's break up to almost how you see it in the picture. Which miffed the Austrians a bit.

yes it's a 3 way civil war between the Legit government in Madrid, Carlist pretenders in Burgos and the CNT-FAI in Barcelona. I don't think anything really reflects how history as we know it went, as this is an alternate History where Germany wins WW1 so the worldwide conditions totally change and with Syndicalism on their border from France they've been influencing the Spanish workers. USA gets a 3 way civil war as well because Hoover wins the 1932 elections and is unable to sort out the economic issues damaging USA. Which leads to (like Spain) Syndicalists in the rust belt area, KKK/deeply conservative deep south and the legit government. There though, you often see the Pacific States break away with Hawaii and Canada seizing New England, Alaska etc.

6. Senior Member
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    It's a running theme tbh. We have a blossoming democracy and all our puppets have absolute monarchies/Dictators. I played a little tonight and created a Greater Austria so they're all united with me now in one country, so Germany doesn't look so imposing. They're not Bestfriends if that is what you're wondering, it's a fairly neutral relationship tbh. We're not allied in anyway, From the backstory Germany interfered with the 1927 Augsleich in the Austro-Hungarian Empire which lead to it's break up to almost how you see it in the picture. Which miffed the Austrians a bit.

yes it's a 3 way civil war between the Legit government in Madrid, Carlist pretenders in Burgos and the CNT-FAI in Barcelona. I don't think anything really reflects how history as we know it went, as this is an alternate History where Germany wins WW1 so the worldwide conditions totally change and with Syndicalism on their border from France they've been influencing the Spanish workers. USA gets a 3 way civil war as well because Hoover wins the 1932 elections and is unable to sort out the economic issues damaging USA. Which leads to (like Spain) Syndicalists in the rust belt area, KKK/deeply conservative deep south and the legit government. There though, you often see the Pacific States break away with Hawaii and Canada seizing New England, Alaska etc.
    I wondered if Austria and Germany were enemies XD I don't know how you can pay attention to everything that's happening at the same time when I played EU4 I had so many problems in my own borders that almost couldn't see anything else.
    I see, the different groups fighting are real but not the wars. Aren't there fascists?

7. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

I wondered if Austria and Germany were enemies XD I don't know how you can pay attention to everything that's happening at the same time when I played EU4 I had so many problems in my own borders that almost couldn't see anything else.
    I see, the different groups fighting are real but not the wars. Aren't there fascists?
    It's fairly easy when you get into the zone.

The Carlists I guess are the more Fascists of the bunch, you can get Franco incharge of the legit Spanish government, but it is usually remains a Kingdom and if it wins the civil war can liberalise etc.

8. Senior Member
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    It's fairly easy when you get into the zone.

The Carlists I guess are the more Fascists of the bunch, you can get Franco incharge of the legit Spanish government, but it is usually remains a Kingdom and if it wins the civil war can liberalise etc.
    Really? Carlists were very conservative but not fascists. Well it's a game, not an encyclopedia
    Kill Franco if he's in charge of Spanish government.

9. ♛♛♛
    Romania

Really? Carlists were very conservative but not fascists. Well it's a game, not an encyclopedia
    Kill Franco if he's in charge of Spanish government.
    In the Kaiserreich Mod (the one Ashley is playing) the Carlists are linked to the Falange Española with Javier de Borbón-Parma as head of state. But since many variables changed thanks to the Central Powers winning WW1, I don't think fascism exists in the same way it does in our world. In fact, from what I've just seen in a Let's Play, Carlist Spain has the 'Paternal Autocrat' ideology. I think the closest to fascism in Kaiserreich is 'National Populism' if any.

I've tried to avoid this mod (and the base game) for now cause I don't really understand how Hearts of Iron IV works tbh, but this got me super into it
    Likes  AshleyWright, Livia90 liked this post

10. Expert
    Morocco

I play the Modern Dawn mod for HOIV for a modern timeline but at the start I would use a cheat which changes every country ideologies randomly so would have Republic of Arabia instead of Suai Arabia etc alongside issuing events which will have more wars etc.
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post

esc87fan: *grabs Nicholas123 and washes his mouth out for stealing chocolate*