Thread: Christmas Music

1. Mentor
    Ireland

Christmas Music

It's December 1st and the beginning of all things Christmas! What music gets you in the Christmas spirit?
    For me, my favourite Christmas songs are:

Pumpen Juler Rett Inn by Janove Ottesen (of Kaizers Orchestra fame) and the Kitchen Orchestra

Karácsonyi Álom by Katí Wolf and her friends

And of course, Fairytale of New York!

What are your favourite Christmas songs? Do you know of any others by former Eurostars?

2. Junkie
    Slovenia

Re: Christmas Music

Well, my absolute favourite Slovenian Christmas/Winter song is this one ("The time has frozen").

They are now known as Tangels and there is also a Croatian version of this song ("Like the time has stopped").

But this is the most popular Christmas song here in Slovenia. And an interesting fact: for 20 years we all assumed that this song is made by Slovenians, but then a few years ago two Germans said that the melody is stolen from one of their songs (which is true, actually). But it still remains one of the most popular songs here("On Christmas night").

I also like these two songs. The first one is about winter overall ("White snowflake").

And I'm 100% sure there is no Slovenian, who doesn't know this one. It's 40 years old and it has became sort of tradition for us, beacuse this is the first song we hear every year right after midnight ("New Year's Eve Kiss").

But overall, my favourite song is this one:

3. Senior Member
    Canada

John Lemon -Happy Christmas (War is over)

4. Banned
    Denmark

Blümchen - Unterm Weihnachtsbaum

5. Enthusiast
    Lithuania

Yay, Christmas music! I'm one of those Christmas fanatics who listen to Holiday music all year round with no shame. I have way too many Christmas songs to mention but my favourite has lately been 'Christmas Album' by Michael Buble. (It's not really a song, isn't it? It's the whole album! Anyway.) Here it goes:

He's amazing! <3

6. Expert
    Italy

Santa Baby, performed by Kylie Minogue.

7. WorldVision Mod
    Canada

A couple of weeks ago, I got Matthew Morrison's (Will on Glee) new Christmas album and I can't stop listening to it - he makes all 6 of the songs on it sound really good! This is his take on "This Christmas"

If it's love, don't hate it

8. Expert
    Malta

I have a special love for Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas'... possibly because it was the UK #1 when I was born!!
    JANICE MANGION FOR MALTA 2017

9. Banned
    Denmark

10. Senior Member
    Norway

I need my daily dose of Elvis, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Eartha Kit in december "The Christmas Song" performed by Nat, "The christmas waltz" and "Have yourself a merry little christmas" by Frankie boy, "Let it snow" by Deano, "White Christmas" by Bing, "Santa Baby" by Eartha and it's not christmas until Elvis sings "Blue Christmas". I like the classics, and I'm horrifies by most of the modern recordings of the classics. Michael Buble and Kylie Minouge ar no exceptions, though not as terrible as Madonna.

But my personal favorites are theese two: